Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About birdy990

  • Rank
    Junior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Everyone, As the title explains really. I have 10 years experience in recruitment and have also owned my own business in recruitment for the last 5 years. Looking at a 190 visa and currently score 85 points from what I can see on the government website. Is there really no way of having 10 years experience outweigh the fact I don’t have a degree? TIA
  2. birdy990

    Thinking about the future, any advise

    Adelaide are offering state sponsorship for recruitment consultants under 491 visa. It’s a 5 year visa with the opportunity to apply for PR after 3 years as long as you comply with the visa requirements. Im applying soon, just got to do my English test on Wednesday
  3. Hi Everyone, I run my own company in the UK within the healthcare sector and I’m looking to become an overseas business sponsor to operate in Australia and sponsor myself to expand our operations into Oz. I have lodged an application to become a sponsor and this morning have received an email saying: “ImmiAccount service access approved” “Access to the following service(s) has been approved by the Department: * Organisation Account Administration * Online Lodgement” I’m a little confused, does this mean that our business has been approved? The reason I ask is because when I login it says the application is still being assessed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  4. birdy990

    Skilled visa changes??

    That's interesting to know. We came over with a 457 visa 4 years ago however decided to return to the UK. We are now looking to return but have found my occupation (recruitment) is on the STSOL and with it only being 2 years with no option of PR, only an extension of 2 years has really put the mocker on things. We do have a saving grace of that my hubby is a bricklayer so our plan was to go over with me being sponsored and then lodge an application for a 189 visa straight away on my husbands skills. It does feel a bit harsh that they are willing to use your skills for up to 4 years but offer no commitment from their end.
  5. You only have to have private health insurance for the whole of your stay if you are not in a country that has a reciprocal health agreement with Australia. You just need the holiday insurance for your visa applicatio that is valid for 30 days, if you travel after 30 days of lodging your application and your insurance has ran out you will need to buy it again once you travel to Australia. That's what we did when we came over on a 457 visa back in May this year - but I think with your ongoing holiday insurance with your bank DDOFA will mean its fine
  6. Yes you should be fine, you will need to get your bank to issue you with a cover letter detailing what they will actually cover you for and the amounts, the main one is accidents and emergency hospital cover that they are worried about
  7. I think your own negativity is the problem here. Have you even tried to go in and ask in person? I think not.
  8. I think your own negativity is the problem here. Have you even tried to go in and ask in person? I think not.
  9. birdy990

    Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

    Sorry but you are wrong - I worked for a company called Pilgrim Foods who was a food wholesaler and sold food to the restaurants/pubs/hospitals and schools. The meal deals that you get in pubs are ready made, microwave meals and cost pennies to buy in bulk (Yes Pennies!!!) and they sell them for a fiver. We had a hotel called the petwood hotel in Woodhall Spa - a very expensive hotel. They were our BIGGEST customers. The "home made" stuff you see on menu's? It's called "home made" because the company they bought it ready made from, get people to mix ingredients with their hands before adding it to the machines to be mixed - that is all!!! Yes, you can get cheaper meals sometimes from places like whetherspoons, however it is the most vile crap you can eat!! - They advertise "chicken breast" - The meat is mechanically recovered breast. When you work at a food wholesaler, you get the ingredients and the way in wich the food was made. The chicken breast that those places buy is "mechanically recovered chicken breast" what that means is when people are cutting and preparing the chicken breast, all of the left overs that fall on the floor is then recovered by machines and formed into a breast shape. The problem is this: The UK often does offer cheaper meals, that is because the SHITE they put in it far suppasses the crap that goes into australian food. The level of quality you get in Australian food is far beyond anything you get in the UK - the food is locally sourced and produced where possible. In woolworths i must see about 90% of the food labelled as "product of NSW" where as in England its all a product of Bulgaria, Spain, Holland along with all the E-Numbers and preservatives that it gets filled with. Have a look at the lovely fresh Hovis bread and tell me how many E-Numbers it has in it at £1 a loaf - then have a look at Helga's, no one SINGLE E-Number at the equivalent of £1.75. I choose quality over price any day......
  10. birdy990

    FMCG Retail Fixtures - Key Account Manager

    Hi Major Tom, Sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but thought I would give you another work option for when you get out here. In Sydney they are crying out for recruitment consultants, they are happy to take people with no recruitment experience and offer good salaries starting at $50,000 + commision. Good recruitment consultants earn $120,000 - $160,000 per year - I don't know how that compares to what you are currently earning, but with your account management experience, you could do really well. Hope you find out what you're looking for though Take Care
  11. birdy990

    457 Processing Times

    my husbands a bricklayer and we went through a migration agent, the application was submitted on 17th March and approved on 25th March - 8 days!!!
  12. birdy990

    Living in Australia - What you need to know

    Caught me out when they said flip flops are called thongs!! Went into a gym and there was a big sign saying "NO THONGS" I was like "err that's a bit personal"....
  13. birdy990

    Are you moving to Australia in 2015?

    Hi Matt! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Hays, they have a division in London that specialise in dealing with people who are moving over to Oz and they are calling me tomorrow!! Also had an email from another agency in Parramatta who said they would be interested in meeting up once we are over there, all good so far! :ssign19:
  14. birdy990

    Are you moving to Australia in 2015?

    Hubby has secured a 457 visa as a bricklayer and we are booked to fly over on 30/4/15!!! I just cannot wait!! Its just us two, no little ones and will be moving over to Sydney. Temp accommodation booked for 2 weeks via Airbnb so its all go go go when we arrive to get somewhere permanent. I have applied for a few roles as I'm a recruitment consultant and have heard back from an agency who would like to meet up when I'm over there so hopefully that's a good sign, however if anyone knows of an agency who is looking for a successful recruiter and account manager let me know!! :wink: xxx
  15. OMG!! Visa ready application lodged 17th March - approved today!!! 8 days!! :chatterbox: We were anticipating waiting for 4 weeks not 1!!!! Australia here we come!!! :jiggy: