457 - Current processing times

tbk

Had my AHPRA approval through today! Application received 16/01/2015 granted today 18/02/2015 after some chasing and a letter of escalation from prospective employer. Have uploaded this to my Immi account 457 application. Now just a matter of waiting I guess.

Any ides on timescales from this point on? I have applied on the 21st of January (uploaded everything except AHPRA on the 21st), had my medical finalised and the visa is showing up as processing.

Cheers

A quick question. Did anyone need to take the IELTS for the 457 visa? The DIAC website suggests a passport from the UK would be enough to fulfill the English Language requirement? I have been assessed for and meet the Elglish Language requirements for my profession (medicine), though my IELTS is over 10 years old. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Have been following this thread and thought I would let you know my timeline for 457 visa which has been APPROVED!!! :) We did it ourselves and not through an agent.

Sponsorship applied for 07/12/2014 approved 09/01/2015

Nomination applied for 06/02/2015 approved 21/02/2015

457 visa applied for 06/02/2015 approved today 23/02/2015

Was quite an easy process so if anyone has any questions let me know

Congratulations Crooksfamily!

I'm still awaiting the outcome of my application. Since I am a doctor my visa cannot be granted without confirmation of registration with AHPRA which I uploaded on the 18th of February. My ImmiAccount status says InProgress and at the application page it says processing next to each applicant. Did your status change befforee the visa was approved (such as case officer allocated etc)? Or was it just that it was granted and that was the only change?

When and where you planning to move to OZ?

Cheers.

Hey Archlever,

There were 4 of us on the application. My husband being the main applicant his said processing with an arrow. Mine and the kids said processing, please wait for the department to contact you. On the day that it was approved about 2 hours before, my husbands changed to processing please wait for the department to contact you. Then 2 hours later finalised. We were not told that a case officer was assigned at all! But I do know that the same person who approved the nomination, approved the visas as well.

We are leaving next Thursday from New Zealand. I hope yours comes through quickly. Let me know if you need help with anything else :)

Hi all, new here, but just thought I'd share my 457 experience as it might be useful.

My Visa process from start to acceptance ran 8-24 Feb (16 days total) as an ICT-Business Analyst. I used a migration agent and submitted all the docs (Birth Cert, Medical Insurance, 5 years tax, recent payslips, contract of employment, Resume, Job Description, Police Check) all in one go in the first 2-3 days of the process. I used a migration agent, and the processing office was Brisbane (though job is Melbourne based). I'm from the UK

So now to book flights and look forward. Good luck to all applying

J

Thanks Crooksfamily, Mine has been at processing please wait for the department to contact you since the past couple of weeks at least (for me and my family). Now that I have uploaded my AHPRA approval things should move in the next few days. I am scheduled to start work in the middle of April.

Fingers crossed.

All the best for your move.

Hi Everyone.. :D

I've been following this thread since the beginning of january.

I'm using MA to apply my visa

My 457 visa applied on 21 january 2014,

i've done my medical check up on 27 january 2014.

i haven't heard any news until now. my status is still "in progress" on immiaccount. Nothing change since 21 jan.

i dont know why it takes so long to process. one of my friend got a 457 visa approved within a week.

I hate waiting on decisions like this. :(

Thanks! I know! Even my MA is baffled. They keep following up and getting nowhere. I have heard nothing. Just says 'in progress' on IMMI. Check it about 5 times a day and every week I am like 'It has to be this week" - fingers crossed its this one or it'll be 14 weeks! I am from the UK. I am onshore. That is the only reason they can think of as to why it is taking so long. It was put in decision ready in November.

Hi Guys,

a quick question...my application was lodged on 24.12.14 by MA. The apllication was submitted with nomination application which was approved on 24.01. Will the visa processing time be calculated from the date after the nomination got approved (January 24'th) of from the date the applicaton was submitted (December 24'th). I have my health finalized and some additional information submitted on January 29'th and I'm just wondering if by DIBP I'm going on 9 weeks or just 5 weeks..?

Thank you

dep@waiting

Hi folks, our 457 was granted this morning!

Heard absolutely nothing until the status against each individual changed from "processing, please wait for the department to contact you" to "granted". They sent the original grant letter to my employers.

My timeline was as follows (bearing in mind I needed my AHPRA registration for visa grant) : AHPRA application received 16th January, granted 18th February. Visa applied for on the 21st of January (everything except AHPRA uploaded), AHPRA uploaded 18th Feburary, Visa granted 26th February. I did my medical in advance on the 16th of January using my health declarations. I knew a medical would be required for me due to my occupation.

My employer did a little bit of emailing (both for AHPRA and Visa as they were the authorised recipient on the application). It may be co-incidence but things seemed to move very quickly after my employer did some chasing. The visa office was Brisbane.

Hope everyone's visa comes through soon!