457 - Current processing times

tbk

Just had an email from my MA saying the only way to contact immi is via email, I think he may be having me over as people have stated they have called them.

I will wait until tonight and then try and phone myself to get some answers

Your MA is correct in informing you that there is only one channel of communication with the 457 processing centre, which is via email. My MA had told me this also, as well as the fact that you are no longer assigned a case officer anymore but applications are processed in teams of case officers.

I have finally had some feedback from Immi! Unfortunately they did not answer any of the questions my MA asked them but simply asked for more information regarding my case, now in the final stage and MA says a week tops. I'm assuming that everyone else on this forum should follow suit quite soon as my case was complicated but from low risk country.

Hang in there guys its just a matter of time!

Your MA is correct in informing you that there is only one channel of communication with the 457 processing centre, which is via email. My MA had told me this also, as well as the fact that you are no longer assigned a case officer anymore but applications are processed in teams of case officers.

I have finally had some feedback from Immi! Unfortunately they did not answer any of the questions my MA asked them but simply asked for more information regarding my case, now in the final stage and MA says a week tops. I'm assuming that everyone else on this forum should follow suit quite soon as my case was complicated but from low risk country.

Hang in there guys its just a matter of time!

Hanging there. Btw, I got a question. Is it faster to get a visa grant if we applied through an agent compares to applying by ourselves?

For anyone who hasn't already sussed it, you can create an "immiAccount" online, then "import" your existing application into your account using the TRN.

Then you can log in daily to check the status, only to see that absolutely nothing has changed... :P

Register at http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/check-progress-online-application.aspx

Does anyone know if there's a way to also check your nomination? I tried importing my nomination TRN as well but it didn't like it.

Hanging there. Btw, I got a question. Is it faster to get a visa grant if we applied through an agent compares to applying by ourselves?

No. Applications through agents are not processed any faster than applications from individuals. Of course, if the application is lodged by a GOOD agent, there is less likelihood of there being any problems with the application but applications of equal 'quality' (for want of a better word) are processed at the same rate.

For anyone who hasn't already sussed it, you can create an "immiAccount" online, then "import" your existing application into your account using the TRN.

Then you can log in daily to check the status, only to see that absolutely nothing has changed... :P

Register at http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/check-progress-online-application.aspx

Does anyone know if there's a way to also check your nomination? I tried importing my nomination TRN as well but it didn't like it.

Does this have any affect on the MA ability to see the application?

Does this have any affect on the MA ability to see the application?

I haven't had any complaints from my MA. AFAIK it simply adds you to the list of people who can check what's going on.

Apart from seeing the "last updated" date and the status, it will let you see what documents were uploaded, and when.

Hi everyone ,

I've had to come offshore and reapply for my 457 as my initial application was refused ( my employer used incorrect ANZSCO code then failed to tell me that to withdraw my application you have to let immigration know in writing - not just deleting it from your immi account . Anyway that's another story !

So my new nomination was lodged 10dec 14 - business is already an approved sponsor- I came offshore to Bali where I am waiting now and submitted my application (decision ready) 27th December . Nothing yet .

From my initial dealings with a case officer only a few moths back with the perth457 office I was advised all applications are given upto 20 business days maximum to be allocated for assessment .

I believe it is a team thing and not an individual CO job anymore as I received e-mails from many different case officers for my first application - never the same one twice but all from the generic 457@immi.gov.au email address -

and my status on immi account never changed any further from 'processing' until it was refused when it changed to 'finalised'

Just had an update from my employer. Apparently they have another new starter from the states who lodged their application on the 10th December, they were approved last week so fingers crossed not long now. My employer said they paid extra for it to be processed quicker. Keeping everything crossed.

They asked for some info yesterday. Seemes things are moving forward.

I have just just received an email from my agent and my nomination was approved today :)) so things are happening !! Keep positive

to clarify my nomination was submitted 10th December

Myself and my partner lodged an application for a 457 visa on November 20th, 2014.

We flew home to Ireland for Christmas and as our 2nd 417 Working Holiday Visa was due to expire in January, we had Bridging A visas organised until our 457 visa was processed.

We were due to arrive in Melbourne on January 5th on our still valid 417 Working Holiday Visas but our flight on 4th January from Dublin to Abu Dhabi with Etihad was cancelled due to fog. Etihad booked us onto the next available flight arriving in Melbourne on 8th January but by this time our current WHV's would have expired and our

Bridging visas ceased.

We were advised by our MA that our only option to re-enter Australia was to apply for Visitor visas. Upon arriving at the check-in desk at Dublin airport on January 6th to board our flight to we were told that Australian Immigration had advised that unfortunately, we could not travel to Australia on tourist visas without return flights. Needless to say we will be waiting in Ireland until our 457 is processed.

457 Visa Application Lodged

20th November 2014

Departed Australia

11th December 2014

Date scheduled to return to Australia

5th January 2015

2nd 417 WHV Expired

6th January 2015

Visitor Visa Application Lodged

5th January 2015

We have since withdrawn our applications for visitor visas.

Our MA had advised us today that our application has still not been assigned to a CO. It's now 8 weeks and starting to worry..... Relieving to know that were not alone.

Myself and my partner lodged an application for a 457 visa on November 20th, 2014.

We flew home to Ireland for Christmas and as our 2nd 417 Working Holiday Visa was due to expire in January, we had Bridging A visas organised until our 457 visa was processed.

We were due to arrive in Melbourne on January 5th on our still valid 417 Working Holiday Visas but our flight on 4th January from Dublin to Abu Dhabi with Etihad was cancelled due to fog. Etihad booked us onto the next available flight arriving in Melbourne on 8th January but by this time our current WHV's would have expired and our

Bridging visas ceased.

We were advised by our MA that our only option to re-enter Australia was to apply for Visitor visas. Upon arriving at the check-in desk at Dublin airport on January 6th to board our flight to we were told that Australian Immigration had advised that unfortunately, we could not travel to Australia on tourist visas without return flights. Needless to say we will be waiting in Ireland until our 457 is processed.

457 Visa Application Lodged

20th November 2014

Departed Australia

11th December 2014

Date scheduled to return to Australia

5th January 2015

2nd 417 WHV Expired

6th January 2015

Visitor Visa Application Lodged

5th January 2015

We have since withdrawn our applications for visitor visas.

Our MA had advised us today that our application has still not been assigned to a CO. It's now 8 weeks and starting to worry..... Relieving to know that were not alone.

Did immi came back and ask you for more documents along the way?

No. According to our MA, as no CO has been assigned, it is very difficult to get in contact with someone in Immi. I am hoping the delay is just due to a back-log and the Christmas period.

FYI, there won't be any Co any more. All applications will be assigned to teams. You will only get a Co if your application lacks in required documents.