Best places to eat/drink in WA

Guest Ptp113

But surely this does already happen in the inner city suburbs? Northbridge, Mt Lawley, Leederville, Vic Park all have buzzy strips whereby cafes and shops open late. Even in rainy Beaufort St last night, there were plenty of people out enjoying the amenities.

You have a very warped view of life in Perth and I actually doubt that you currently reside here. The Perth you constantly describe maybe have been accurate a number of years ago but not anymore.

Doubt all you like as I could care.I live in the inner city and beyond the popular strips it is quiet. I think we differ on what is buzzy. Those few areas mentioned have people of course, it would be a very strange place if a blank canvas, but buzzy is not a word that comes to mind. You though obviously find it so, easily pleased perhaps. Thursday night being the later open night outside CBD, so hardly unusual there would be above the normal number out and about.

Not really my argument though that Perth remains a pretty much family orientated, home loving suburban location, suitable for certain demographics far more so than others. Whether Beaufort Street, an area I know very well as people on a late opening Thursday night is hardly here nor there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No a widespread reality. You've got to get away though to wake up to the reality. Just another reason so many of the young that can flee the nest to more interesting and exciting places after experiencing elsewhere.

I was getting away from the age of two. Attended 14 primary schools in different countries in 2 1/2 years at one point in time.

Such a blatant comment will rock the establishment of its carefully laid foundations. Subversive activity like staying out late viewed with a degree of suspicion. Hopefully you'll confine such activity to a Friday or Saturday night....

Most people Stacey's age don't think about going out till about 9:00. You are missing a big part of the Perth social scene that yours and my generation wouldn't have a clue about.

Have to agree with flag about everybody in bed by 9 here! I live 20km from CBD and our chippy shuts at 7.30 the local pub kicks you out about 9 if its quiet. Perth is very much an early to bed get up early place. In most cities in Europe there is life in the evenings here its dead. For me its fine as I have young kids but I would hate to live here if i was in my early 20s. Yes there is nightlife but the 'busy' places consist of a few bars and restaurants and not much else. To go on a pub crawl here you would need a taxi between each bar!

Most people Stacey's age don't think about going out till about 9:00. You are missing a big part of the Perth social scene that yours and my generation wouldn't have a clue about.

Well you may be speaking for yourself but not for me. I still often don't out before 9 pm. I do have a clue about what is happening especially Northbridge being walking distance. I couldn't tell you about the clubs anymore, but there are considerably less of those than in the 90's. I can the pubs though and a fair number of the eating places. In fact I still prefer going out late and enjoyed the fact this was normal procedure on a recent visit to Europe.

I agree folk can easily get out of the swing here with the time of lifestyle on offer but not all. Hence why my choice was city living over suburban.

Have to agree with flag about everybody in bed by 9 here! I live 20km from CBD and our chippy shuts at 7.30 the local pub kicks you out about 9 if its quiet. Perth is very much an early to bed get up early place. In most cities in Europe there is life in the evenings here its dead. For me its fine as I have young kids but I would hate to live here if i was in my early 20s. Yes there is nightlife but the 'busy' places consist of a few bars and restaurants and not much else. To go on a pub crawl here you would need a taxi between each bar!

Rather obvious to those with open eyes, colinmaclec. Completely baffles me how/why others would state any differently. A lot of their kids will likely move on though. Some will return to repeat the cycle of giving birth, others not. Great place for young families without a doubt. A place supreme for that demographic but I would question to what extent others.

That's my point you are not teens twenties or even thirties but you are commenting as if it's the whole of Perths population. I've been to Crown ( Burswood ) a few times in the last couple of years and it's still buzzing at 2 am and Northbridge too. I'm an oldie so not too often but the younger ones still do and often so no, we are not all a homely bunch.

Daughter was out until 5am clubbing last week ... after reading all the threads on here I thought she'd be home by 10pm Lol