Best places to eat/drink in WA

Guest Ptp113

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sort of half way between being a oldie and a young one lol I'll give pio a honest review on perth nightlife :laugh: I'll try not go to bed at 9pm!

Such a blatant comment will rock the establishment of its carefully laid foundations. Subversive activity like staying out late viewed with a degree of suspicion. Hopefully you'll confine such activity to a Friday or Saturday night....

Not really, perths in general a go to bed early get up early place.. That's why the city shuts at 5 on weekends

6pm actually. And who really wants to go clothes shopping / banking / run general errands on weekend evenings anyway? Shift workers? Don't think so as that is why they(we) have DIL's during the week.

Such a blatant comment will rock the establishment of its carefully laid foundations. Subversive activity like staying out late viewed with a degree of suspicion. Hopefully you'll confine such activity to a Friday or Saturday night....

Amazingly everyone stays at home early and yet you are always quick to point to Perth's crime and drug problems. How does all this happen when everyone is tucked up in bed?

Amazingly everyone stays at home early and yet you are always quick to point to Perth's crime and drug problems. How does all this happen when everyone is tucked up in bed?

Haha that's what I asked a few months ago lol. How can places like northbridge be full of drinks and muggers if everybody's tucked up in bed by 9pm :laugh: Will be interesting to see for myself

I backpacked Perth in 09. Stayed at a place called Bambu in northbridge always plenty going on, had a great few weeks there. Now I'm sure out in Surburbia it is quiet for obvious reasons.

Edited by Guest

I've been to The Crown, far more often than you by the sound of it. Usually go to eat as don't gamble. I think you don't really have an understanding into what I refer, The life on the street level is non existent for the most part. Have you ben to cities that live and are alive? Or smaller than Perth. Some remarkably more so.

Anyway I repeat in general Perth is a homely bunch, in part why folk spend so much time at home and spend so much money in appearances of their home because it is by far the major focus. That is the reality.

Your reality, nobody else's

Are you really comparing 3 European capitals (and the largest city in Holland) to Perth? A low blow, even by your standards Flag.

At least you recognise there are standards. I hope you have such?No I am not comparing but to ascertain if the poster was aware of what night life real night life consisted off. Amsterdam for your info is less than half the population of Perth. So in those terms ruling out geographic/density factors it may well as you say be compared.

6pm actually. And who really wants to go clothes shopping / banking / run general errands on weekend evenings anyway? Shift workers? Don't think so as that is why they(we) have DIL's during the week.

Obviously you don't. There are cities that open till late and seem to consider it of value. Plenty in fact. Others may enjoy the vibe such diversity presents. The shops open and entice people to cafes, window shop and to be a general part of the buzz. Go to place that presents as described you'll see what I mean and possibly break the TV watching habits of a lifetime.

Yes and yes. Both are amazing until you seek a little further and dig a little deeper. For an urban sprawl of over 1.7 million people it is remarkably subdued. Now that is pretty much fact. I don't refer to the normal weekend mostly under 35 convergence to Northbridge or a selected number of weekend hot spots. There are seven days in a week and the other five are surprisingly quiet the other days.

Drug taking, long a issue in this city, may or may not reflect some of factors raised above. Just a thought though one isn't required to be an all night person to be involved with drugs. Not sure why you imagine that need be so. Same as crime. What crime do you refer to? Late night drunken induced violence? Hardly in short supply. Check out the streets after midnight in Perth and Northbridge for the degree of comfort being out and about at that time.

Not that many on here would be awake or out and about to witness such an eventuality.

Obviously you don't. There are cities that open till late and seem to consider it of value. Plenty in fact. Others may enjoy the vibe such diversity presents. The shops open and entice people to cafes, window shop and to be a general part of the buzz. Go to place that presents as described you'll see what I mean and possibly break the TV watching habits of a lifetime.

But surely this does already happen in the inner city suburbs? Northbridge, Mt Lawley, Leederville, Vic Park all have buzzy strips whereby cafes and shops open late. Even in rainy Beaufort St last night, there were plenty of people out enjoying the amenities.

You have a very warped view of life in Perth and I actually doubt that you currently reside here. The Perth you constantly describe maybe have been accurate a number of years ago but not anymore.