Worlds most liveable cities 2014 rankings

Cerberus1

Not surprised to see Perth up there:cool:

It's a great city...not perfect, but where is, yeh we still have to work, we have freeways that clog up.

but come your days off...we have it all, beaches on our doorstep, cafe culture, restaurants, pubs n clubs.

I know its not about migration....but most people, like myself, just wanted to come to somewhere where we have the good weather to enjoy a outdoor lifestyle, kick back a bit, a friendly place, somewhere that doesn't cost the earth if you just want to head out, experience nice stuff.

who cares if not everyone likes it.....we do:wink:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to Adelaide many times thank you and know how big it is - don't see it any smaller than Brisbane or Perth to be honest compared to Sydney yes it is but does small mean worse? Don't think so - Adelaide has so much going for it Barossa Valley, beaches and many, many art and cultural activities - I am not surprised it is up there.

It's a great city...not perfect, but where is, yeh we still have to work, we have freeways that clog up.

but come your days off...we have it all, beaches on our doorstep, cafe culture, restaurants, pubs n clubs.

I know its not about migration....but most people, like myself, just wanted to come to somewhere where we have the good weather to enjoy a outdoor lifestyle, kick back a bit, a friendly place, somewhere that doesn't cost the earth if you just want to head out, experience nice stuff.

Amen to that...

Guest The Pom Queen
Says who? is AFL a sport? you forgot to mention mens netball and knitting, you will be good at them:wink:

And the under water ironing contest

Guest Guest 47403

:notworthy::notworthy:

Jealousy will get you no where..Everyone wants to come to beautiful Tassie, but we dont want everyone here...Its so quiet and peaceful and dont want any loud layabouts down here..

Mate of mine went to Tassie 2 months ago and complained how cold it is...His home? Glen Innes northern NSW, coldest town on mainland Australia...

bigemo_harabe_net-163.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

What is the attraction of crowded places,full of humans,traffic jams everywhere

How strange! do you not go to public attractions/gathering places like bus's, trains, pubs, sports venues, theaters, cinema's? they are crowded places sometimes, do you not drive a car? you are a human too aren't you? taking up some empty space! if the cities were less crowded then where would all the people (and traffic) be?

Not surprised Perth is in the top 10

As for Melbourne being No 1, well I can see why, it is an amazing Place, so much going on, a fantastic Vibe, the whole State of Victoria is pretty special too

Adelaide a lovely place, it isn't too small and the city is very well laid out and so easy to get around, but you have the hills right there, beautiful little towns and Glenelg is lovely spot,

The result has nothing to do with nor intended as a barometer of a city's quality of life. It was created for assigning hardship allowances for ex pat relocation packages. It would appear to be taken a mite too seriously by some folk. While a good bit of PR for the cities involved and no doubt chest thumping, allowing a degree of bragging rights with some migrants rubbing it in to those still in the old country, really little of note for the migrant or intended migrant as it doesn't reflect a lot that will be paramount to them.