For those thinking of moving back to the UK

stokie33

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why do so many of the posts in here become a slanging match ?? I do not find any of the above posts constructive. I thought the idea of the site is to give everyone constructive advice! I have been back from oz for three years and have had no issues in the Uk !

you think zero hour contracts dont exist in the UK?

I think when he said it was crap, he was talking about zero hours contracts and not your comments.

I was on zero hours when I was a student. It suited me at the time. But it is not what you want when you get older.

It won't be funny when you get back here.England is nomore,It's gone.That is if you left about 8 years ago.The Beaut Scenery ,depending where you live is the only thing left.The Tories are wanting to get workers on ZERO hour contracts.They reckon they have done such a good job,getting the uemployment down by creating 2 million jobs on Zero hours.But they are only getting a average of 16 hours p/w, when the boss wants you,some bosses won't let them go and get another job.The Tories say flexable hours it so good for the Employer.It's Britains way for the future.The other problem is Immigration cheap labour is pouring into the country at 300,000 p/a/ Minority ethnics bosses,like the Poles will only employ their own.English are finding it hard to get work.Although the Tory Media says it's because they are lazy.And won't work for what the immigrant will work for.And of course these immigrants from Eastern Block Countries will live in anything anywhere.Some people have rented garden sheds out to them.Do What you have to do.Leave Australia if you want to.But don't burn your Bridges.I thought i knew it all after 27 years in Australia.Iv'e sold my house and can't wait to get back to happy Queensland.It's so easy in Australia.And they all speak English,well sort of.When i landed at Heathrow i thought we were in India.We stayed at friends in the Midlands for a while,i thought we where in the middle east.In North London and South London it's like Jamica.My friends Daughter was the only white girl i saw.And we arrived here October 2013.It realy is a shocker.

Yes its horrific how the UK has been destroyed by mass immigration and its horrific how some of the "do gooders" on here would like to see the same thing happen to Australia..

Groan! another one :-( immigration gets on your nerves does it, so, become an immigrant in another country is your choice then?

the irony of these people never fails to amaze. And I assume you are looking for a whites only place to live?. good luck.

Yes like down here in beautiful Tassie and long may it last..

why do so many of the posts in here become a slanging match ?? I do not find any of the above posts constructive. I thought the idea of the site is to give everyone constructive advice! I have been back from oz for three years and have had no issues in the Uk !

Its the way of the world now, why the world is in absolute chaos..Too many idiots..

I think when he said it was crap, he was talking about zero hours contracts and not your comments.

I was on zero hours when I was a student. It suited me at the time. But it is not what you want when you get older.

that was what I meant, should have worded my reply better, rushing off to work at the time.

But if PB thinks things are better here in Australia, then who am I to argue.

Yes its horrific how the UK has been destroyed by mass immigration and its horrific how some of the "do gooders" on here would like to see the same thing happen to Australia..

:laugh: immigrants over the last 30 years make up less than 1% of the population...the UK is 95% white British...go have a lie down and stop fretting...:cute:

:laugh: immigrants over the last 30 years make up less than 1% of the population...the UK is 95% white British...go have a lie down and stop fretting...:cute:

The 2011 census shows 87% white whether British or not so your figures are well out. I don't have an axe to grind on this but you don't help your case when citing false statistics.

The 2011 census shows 87% white whether British or not so your figures are well out. I don't have an axe to grind on this but you don't help your case when citing false statistics.

White British = 84.95% this is reduced due to Greater London only being 44.9% white British, so I presume its where you come from that effects your thoughts on immigration

So many of the non-white faces you see in the UK are British. The "Jamaicans" mentioned in London are in fact, black, British, Londoners. It seems like the dissenters have a problem not with immigration but with race.

Trying to find where the 'Jamaicans' of London is mentioned AA?

@fletchaman here:

It won't be funny when you get back here.England is nomore,It's gone.That is if you left about 8 years ago.The Beaut Scenery ,depending where you live is the only thing left.The Tories are wanting to get workers on ZERO hour contracts.They reckon they have done such a good job,getting the uemployment down by creating 2 million jobs on Zero hours.But they are only getting a average of 16 hours p/w, when the boss wants you,some bosses won't let them go and get another job.The Tories say flexable hours it so good for the Employer.It's Britains way for the future.The other problem is Immigration cheap labour is pouring into the country at 300,000 p/a/ Minority ethnics bosses,like the Poles will only employ their own.English are finding it hard to get work.Although the Tory Media says it's because they are lazy.And won't work for what the immigrant will work for.And of course these immigrants from Eastern Block Countries will live in anything anywhere.Some people have rented garden sheds out to them.Do What you have to do.Leave Australia if you want to.But don't burn your Bridges.I thought i knew it all after 27 years in Australia.Iv'e sold my house and can't wait to get back to happy Queensland.It's so easy in Australia.And they all speak English,well sort of.When i landed at Heathrow i thought we were in India.We stayed at friends in the Midlands for a while,i thought we where in the middle east.In North London and South London it's like Jamica.My friends Daughter was the only white girl i saw.And we arrived here October 2013.It realy is a shocker.

I think a lot of people think english people have to look a certain way and or be a certain skin colour. Generations ago this was the case but a large portion of the races we see in the UK now are english....just like a lot of Asians here in OZ are Australian.

I guess people judge people as english or not based on generations in their family as well.

English born AND english decent is seen/treated/classed differently to those that are 'just' english born.

Each to their own I guess.

Okay then pedants, :wink: the people who the poster thinks make London feel like "Jamaica" (or India, or the Middle East) are British. They're his/her fellow countrymen and women so what's the problem? Unless the poster has a problem with their race...

I think it is more to do with the governments allowing mass immigration over the last 10 - 15 years that people have an issue with, and I dont think Benefit Britain helps when they show immigrants claiming benefits and sending it to their homeland

If you come down to where I live , it's still the England that left behind and has lived up to all my dreams about coming home after living in Oz for 42 years .

i remember back in 1972 when I went through a town in Sydney called Cabamatta and thought I was in the Middle East .

all big cities now have this problem .

England has changed like every other country but I still beleive it is still a great Nation .

I think it is more to do with the governments allowing mass immigration over the last 10 - 15 years that people have an issue with, and I dont think Benefit Britain helps when they show immigrants claiming benefits and sending it to their homeland

I can accept that as a wider perception (however incorrect and driven by the tabloids) but the poster in question spoke of parts of London as being like "Jamaica". A great many West Indian people arrived in Britain - and particularly London - in the 1950s as valid British citizens and their children and grandchildren are as British as any white Brit, it isn't a recent development.

Wattsy I agree that some misguided individuals think white English (or British) people are somehow superior to their non-white counterparts but the irony is that the English are a nation of "mongrels" we haven't been truly "English" since 1066!

Archived