I got threatened and abused, advice needed please.

Jack1

And then asked them to change it back again to the original name? And reset the post count. Well, if they haven't got anything better to do, why not....

I have no idea where you have got this from. The op has only one account. There have been no other ones using the same IP address.

As far as I can see he has asked admin to change the name. There is no resetting of post counts. I really have no idea who you think the op is, but you appear to be wrong, so pack it in.

Any more bickering about the op on this thread will result in infractions being issued. If you have any concerns use the report buttons, don't air your paranoia on the open forum.

There's too many jacks with similar numbers.. I'm getting confused :eek:

And that's the problem I think Stacey - people are jumping on the OP, believing them to be someone else 0 from the outside looking in it can come across as bullying - not a good look for the forum.

And that's the problem I think Stacey - people are jumping on the OP, believing them to be someone else 0 from the outside looking in it can come across as bullying - not a good look for the forum.

The least little thing gets labelled as bullying these days. That's why the OP needs to grow up a bit or he's going to be in for a tough life.

The least little thing gets labelled as bullying these days. That's why the OP needs to grow up a bit or he's going to be in for a tough life.

Perhaps - or maybe some people are more empathic. A whole other thread about internet bullying and how many people hide behind derogatory comments and then say it was "only a joke". I always think of telling people to toughen up is a little like telling someone with depression not to think of sad things or to pull their socks up. I'm sure after such a warm response .. the OP will be dying to come back for more advice.

Anyway I've learn't a new word today.

I had never heard anyone use empathic before.

I always thought the word was empathetic.

I'm sure if Jack felt he was being bullied, he wouldn't keep coming back for more and more and more.

Anyway I've learn't a new word today.

I had never heard anyone use empathic before.

I always thought the word was empathetic.

I'm sure if Jack felt he was being bullied, he wouldn't keep coming back for more and more and more.

Apologies for the perceived spelling mistake, and as Blossom has identified the Jack in the OP is not the Jack that people think it is - so your comment about coming back for more is perhaps a little unjust ...(did I spell that right?) ... or did I misread your comment as sarcasm and you were genuinely giving me positive feedback for having learnt a new word?

Apologies for the spelling mistake, and as Blossom has identified the Jack in the OP is not the Jack that people think it is - so your comment about coming back for more is perhaps a little unjust ...(did I spell that right?)

You didn't make a spelling mistake. The words empathic and empathetic are interchangeable

You didn't make a spelling mistake. The words empathic and empathetic are interchangeable

Thanks, I didn't think I had so did check (and edited my post to say perceived spelling) - sometimes, I'm typing whilst doing something else and do make errors.

You seem to be confusing the op with 'the other jack' who I would totally agree with you on. The op is not even in the same country as the jack you are thinking of.

As blossom has pointed out, this member is categorically NOT the 'other' jack. In fact the OP had originally registered using his real name (happens automatically if registering via facebook), but contacted me and asked if it could be changed (only admin can change usernames), probably for fear of retribution and harassment if someone associated the post with him, look how that worked out for him, alas for the OP, changing his name to a generic 'jack' brought him a whole heap of unwarranted trouble. You'd think with 99,000 members having registered since the forums inception, that people would realise that statistically, there's going to be more than one jack, john, bob, pete etc. etc. on the forum, hell, there's even more than one cerberus, god help the other one if he ever posts.

Thanks, I didn't think I had so did check (and edited my post to say perceived spelling) - sometimes, I'm typing whilst doing something else and do make errors.

No I wasn't having a go at you, I meant it.

I actually googled before I posted as I wasn't sure that empathic was a real word.

But I have learned that it is so thank you for expanding my vocabulary.

lol that was a good catalyst, 1 comment that was laughable to be honest, and 4 pages of replies! what are we like!

personally i'd go with the grow a pair solution. it was the 'i recorded all of it' that did it for me.

it's either a great flame to get everyone talking, or you need to grow a pair.

Archived