We're lodging tomorrow (14th) - we are just waiting for a couple of things to be 'notarised/certified' (if notarised is actually a word)

I wanted to ask - when you submit your visa application, what happens next? do you start uploading proof and docs immediately, or do you wait to be asked? NB - we are doing this ourselves. Any info much appeciated.

26403d1410614908-189-visa-lodged-september-2014-screenshot-2014-09-13-14.26.58.png

I am guessing when you lodge, you pay the bill - then I am guessing you start uploading documents?

We have everything we need re: nursing. Skills Assement LOD (Anmac), License to work LOD (Ahpra) all the proof, plus police checks done. I guess we wait til after lodging to arrange medicals. Any info much appreciated

When you submit your visa app, you can then immediately start attaching documents under the relevant headings. There will be a link on the screen about arranging your medicals.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was invited and uploaded all stuff since May 2014, still no news. I have inquiried with a few e-mails but they always say "processing" and my last two mails have been unanswered the last three weeks. :cry:. Any one else going for the mark of 3+ months waiting?

OMG!!!!

we've just received the grant email.

I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

those positive thoughts clearly worked so keep it up everyone and hopefully you will hear this week too.

I feel so relieved. I finish work on 30th Sep and we've already booked flights for 23rd October. Perth here we come :shocked:

Belated congratulations Shelly. You must be so thrilled and relievef.

Lots of grants this last week or so...exciting. Anyone from July applicants received a grant yet?

Woke up 5 mins ago(06:00am GMT) and checked the e-mail religiously as always and there it was......GRANT NOTIFICATION!!!!! Right, time to calm down a little and start the job hunt and book flights. Lucky I'm a nurse, going to get one of my consultant friends to prescribe me something to calm me down (joking of course - this is one of the best feelings ever). Let's hope there's more of you out there opening the same e-mail. Fingers crossed. :wink:

Congratulations to all of you who have the grant..and good luck for the ones waiting!!.

Fingers crossed!! Hope we get our grant soon.

Woke up 5 mins ago(06:00am GMT) and checked the e-mail religiously as always and there it was......GRANT NOTIFICATION!!!!! Right, time to calm down a little and start the job hunt and book flights. Lucky I'm a nurse, going to get one of my consultant friends to prescribe me something to calm me down (joking of course - this is one of the best feelings ever). Let's hope there's more of you out there opening the same e-mail. Fingers crossed. :wink:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DavidSuperNurse viewpost-right.png

Congratulations, best of luck to you : )

Congratulations! :)

So nice to see more & more people getting grants.

Is there anyone still waiting for a grant?

I've submitted my last piece of document (police clearance cert) last Thurs, 11th Sept & am currently waiting for a grant.

Kind regards,

N.

Taking my TV to Australia.

I have a 55 Inch LED TV which I have bought about 9 months ago. I compared the cost of similar TV in Sydney and it seems that I would have to pay a lot of money to buy the same TV there. Does anybody know how much money I need to pay customs for taking my TV through security? FYI: I am aware of the airline costs. I am only looking for fees I would end up paying customs.

Not sure what the process is - but if you find out let me know - we are in the same boat. Meanwhile I am also trying to find that info ........ if I hear anything I will let you know.

I've submitted my last piece of document (police clearance cert) last Thurs, 11th Sept & am currently waiting for a grant.

Kind regards,

N.

Hey NSB .......... I am still waiting for the grant letter ......... submitted PCC a week back put I believe the med reports went in only last friday ......... dont know how much time the CO will take once he has both PCC and Meds reports. I think you should get your Grant Letter this week.

To all those guys who have got grant letters and have already landed in Australia...........

Do you have contact of any recruiters or job consultants ............ I need to start job hunting as soon as possible............ I am Business Analyst in Information Security domain where as my wife is into Application testing................ Not sure whether this is the right forum to post this message

Yay the biggest congratulations david, bet you are really chuffed

all the best in ur new life in ause :) xxx

Hey. Do most of you on here wait until you are asked to do a medical? Or does anyone advise booking this in ASAP?

Hi Matthew

We applied for our visas at the end of July but booked and completed our medicals mid August, our migration agent did say to wait until the medicals are requested before doing so as we have a year from the date we had them done to arrive into Ause but we are hoping to leave next month

So i guess its up to you :)

xxx

xxxx

Kind regards,

N.

Hi NSB, Yes, we are in the same boat. PCC were uploaded last week and medicals were done this weekend, so depending on when they are uploaded by the clinic, they said anything between 7-10 working days, so that's at least another 2 weeks and then then agonising wait for the grant or not....

It is so frustrating that we were told to wait before doing these things as we were thinking of doing them before and uploading but were heavily advised not to :( Happy for everyone else who has their visa, but beginning to feel the drain of the constant wait we seem to be facing :(

Yey! Great news David. That feeling doesn't wear off you know ;) Although a feeling of panic creeps in every now and again too lol

Hey..this wait is too long...really frustrating..

Uploaded the Health Undertaking on 4th September...

Knowing that we are almost there but waiting for the official confirmation as you never know how things can be unpredictable..

Checking the mails every now and then ..

Keeping the fingers crossed..

all the best to all of us...

Hey. Do most of you on here wait until you are asked to do a medical? Or does anyone advise booking this in ASAP?

I booked mine as soon as I lodged the application. It took about 10 weeks to get a case officer, so it depends if you are in a hurry! Also I needed some further tests following the medical which held it up another couple of months, so I was glad I had booked it straight away otherwise I'd still be waiting now!

Congratulations on the grant, I'm sure you are still on cloud nine. All the best for the big adventure.

Hey all,

Happy to say that I received the Grant mail Today morning IST 7 am..

Lodged the Visa on 3rd june,

All documents Frontloaded,

CO allocated 3rd Sept, asked for Health Undertaking to be signed.

Submitted the Undertaking on 4th September,

Called DIBP today morning at 6 am IST and received the Grant mail at 7am

First entry to be made before 11 Dec 2014..

One milestone crossed ,now planning for the next..

All the best to all of them..

Thank you very much for each and every person on the forum who helped to keep everyone updated..

Hey all,

Happy to say that I received the Grant mail Today morning IST 7 am..

Lodged the Visa on 3rd june,

All documents Frontloaded,

CO allocated 3rd Sept, asked for Health Undertaking to be signed.

Submitted the Undertaking on 4th September,

Called DIBP today morning at 6 am IST and received the Grant mail at 7am

First entry to be made before 11 Dec 2014..

One milestone crossed ,now planning for the next..

All the best to all of them..

Thank you very much for each and every person on the forum who helped to keep everyone updated..

How did you contact DIBP ? you lodged your application online or thru an agent ?

Archived