• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

strange we also applied on June 18th. I cannot check to see what the medical status column is showing as we are going through an agent who tell us very little, but we are still waiting.

Could you not get your HAP IDs from the medical centre and have a look at the emedical system online? That way you could see whether it's been uploaded or not x

Unfortunately as we are using an agent we do not have a username or login that we can use as all of their clients are listed on their username and login, which makes the wait even worse as we cannot go and check on anything ever! We have to rely upon them to do so. We recently asked for an update and they got quite snooty with us and sent a very unprofessional email back telling us how many hours they work a week etc...

I know that they have been uploaded as the Clinic that we went to for our medicals advised us so (when we explained that we are not able to log on and check anything), they also gave us our medical grades and so we know my husband has had to go to referral as he got a B due to having meningitis not so long ago. But we have no idea if the CO is requesting extra information.

I think just being able to log on everyday would ease the stressful time because at least you feel you have some control over if you find out the information straight away, rather than having to rely upon someone else to do it when they have time etc....

Therefore my advise, do not use an agent for those who are undecided!!!! LOL

Unfortunately as we are using an agent we do not have a username or login that we can use as all of their clients are listed on their username and login, which makes the wait even worse as we cannot go and check on anything ever! We have to rely upon them to do so. We recently asked for an update and they got quite snooty with us and sent a very unprofessional email back telling us how many hours they work a week etc...

I know that they have been uploaded as the Clinic that we went to for our medicals advised us so (when we explained that we are not able to log on and check anything), they also gave us our medical grades and so we know my husband has had to go to referral as he got a B due to having meningitis not so long ago. But we have no idea if the CO is requesting extra information.

I think just being able to log on everyday would ease the stressful time because at least you feel you have some control over if you find out the information straight away, rather than having to rely upon someone else to do it when they have time etc....

Therefore my advise, do not use an agent for those who are undecided!!!! LOL

Oh so the delay is because of a medical referral, I thought you were unsure whether they been uploaded in the first place, sorry for the misunderstanding. Where do medicals get referred to? Could you try contacting them directly to see what date they're dealing with maybe? When my sister's medical was referred late last year she was asked to get further x-rays done which they then agreed were fine but it did delay the process for them (I can't remember for how long though).

How dare your agents be rude! This is likely to be the most stressful part for you and considering you've paid them a lot of money to provide a service I'd be extremely angry if that service wasn't top notch. If they're working a lot of hours each week then maybe they shouldn't take on so much work if they're unable to deal with the client's they have appropriately. What a rubbish situation. It's so frustrating when you're not given any idea how long it's going to take. I can't wait to see your update confirming you've received your grant.

Let us know how you're getting on xx

Oh so the delay is because of a medical referral, I thought you were unsure whether they been uploaded in the first place, sorry for the misunderstanding. Where do medicals get referred to? Could you try contacting them directly to see what date they're dealing with maybe? When my sister's medical was referred late last year she was asked to get further x-rays done which they then agreed were fine but it did delay the process for them (I can't remember for how long though).

How dare your agents be rude! This is likely to be the most stressful part for you and considering you've paid them a lot of money to provide a service I'd be extremely angry if that service wasn't top notch. If they're working a lot of hours each week then maybe they shouldn't take on so much work if they're unable to deal with the client's they have appropriately. What a rubbish situation. It's so frustrating when you're not given any idea how long it's going to take. I can't wait to see your update confirming you've received your grant.

Let us know how you're getting on xx

@shelly........ I agree with your views on agents.... even I am in the same boat. I have been talking to agent almost everyday..... initially when we submitted National MEds and PCC, we got a requirement on State level PCC. We submitted that also. Agent says CO will not look at the new documents till 28 days are over ........... which I am sure about as I had got state level PCC requirement in 3 days after I submitted National PCC and Meds to CO. Even these were requested by CO when the CO was assigned to my case........... so this is all confusing me ............ do CO actually wait for 28 days before they check the documents after their request ... even if we submit it in 5-7 days.

@shelly........ I agree with your views on agents.... even I am in the same boat. I have been talking to agent almost everyday..... initially when we submitted National MEds and PCC, we got a requirement on State level PCC. We submitted that also. Agent says CO will not look at the new documents till 28 days are over ........... which I am sure about as I had got state level PCC requirement in 3 days after I submitted National PCC and Meds to CO. Even these were requested by CO when the CO was assigned to my case........... so this is all confusing me ............ do CO actually wait for 28 days before they check the documents after their request ... even if we submit it in 5-7 days.

Surely your agent should have known a state level PCC would be required?? What's the point of paying for an agent who isn't able to guide you through the process without missing something like that? I've no idea whether a CO would automatically wait the 28 days following requesting further documents, but I'm sure I've seen people receiving a grant in less than 28 days. Is it always the case that if you're using an agent you can't have access to your immiaccount then? Or does that only apply to some?

Shelly, My husband was furious and wrote an email to our agent to say the same thing, but I told him to hold off on sending it as we didn't want to get them even more upset with us for "bothering" them as I figuered they may hold off on telling us anything like for example you have a visa and then not tell us until we have a few days before we can activatation period is over. It is so frustrating and quite honestly stressing me out and I agree, after paying them so much money and being advised that we could "call the main person at any time on his mobile phone" which we have never done as we try to bother them hardly at all, it is a little disappointing.

So, I shall sit and wait patiently :( and fume in silence :P x

Surely your agent should have known a state level PCC would be required?? What's the point of paying for an agent who isn't able to guide you through the process without missing something like that? I've no idea whether a CO would automatically wait the 28 days following requesting further documents, but I'm sure I've seen people receiving a grant in less than 28 days. Is it always the case that if you're using an agent you can't have access to your immiaccount then? Or does that only apply to some?

I think that is dependant on how many cases they have. We were advised that we couldn't have access as they only have one log in and all of their clients info is on there, so I am assuming it would be the same with all other agenst. It is a rubbish system as just being able to see a small change in your status is something to get excited about and you can see that they are working on your case, this way you are completely in the dark.

As said before and I would say it to anyone, DO NOT USE AN AGENT...they are a complete waste of money. I thought that they would relieve the stress of the whole process, but it actually makes it worse.

I think that is dependant on how many cases they have. We were advised that we couldn't have access as they only have one log in and all of their clients info is on there, so I am assuming it would be the same with all other agenst. It is a rubbish system as just being able to see a small change in your status is something to get excited about and you can see that they are working on your case, this way you are completely in the dark.

As said before and I would say it to anyone, DO NOT USE AN AGENT...they are a complete waste of money. I thought that they would relieve the stress of the whole process, but it actually makes it worse.

Hi,

Our agent was great, she filled in the gaps where i'd misunderstood some of the process, talked us through it thoroughly, advised on the pros and cons of front loading docs like PCC's and Meds etc. They couldn't give us their log in details for the Immi account also, because as previously stated, it would give access to all their clients info and accounts. Once the application is in, I think, that they have very little if any control over the actions and timings of CO allocation and DIBP. It's just a waiting game really. I did wonder why some Agents had advised against front loading though, as it does seem to speed up the process significantly, from what I've read. We had our instant grant 2 days short of 2 months after our application was lodged. I imagine that some agents are better than others, as is the way with everything in life... Ours certainly put my mind at rest and would use them again with something that could end up being a costly mistake otherwise.. :wink:

We lodged nearly 3 weeks ago.

We front loaded everything except medicals, although we should have these completed 6 weeks after lodging (as we a go in half term holidays without causing too much disruption).

So, do you think having most docs (except medicals) will help it go through quicker?

We have also gathered all the info for form 80s, but thought we'd only send that in I requested.

Any advice most appreciated

Edited by Captain Roberto

Telle, you can phone dibp direct as long as you have your TRN number - they will ask your date of birth & full name and then give you an update direct as to how your application is.

I phoned thrm - they were very helpful - checked my application for me whilst I was on the phone then approved my visa ten mins later & I got my grant.

There number is 0061 731 367 000 - I called around 1am uk time & they answered within seconds.

Hope this helps.

X

Our agent was also great! I think you maybe just picked a bad one!

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum!

we lodged our application in June and have uploaded all our documents except our medicals which we are having at the end of October. We were assigned a case officer last week.

I've just got a couple of questions for you all!

How fast after having medicals are people getting their visas?

has anyone looked into the cost of shipping a container from uk to melbourne?

when you are issued the visa is there a set amount of money you need to have in your bank account or how do you prove you have funds?

Thanks in advance!

Beth

Hi Bethm,

Welcome. This link takes you to a visa tracker spreadsheet that everyone has been using. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0 It shows 189 and 190 visas, when they were submitted, meds etc and grant dates.

We've got a 20 ft container going from the UK to Brisbane for about £4000. Don't know about melbourne, but probably similar.

Have you applied for a 189 or 190 visa? If it's a 189, you don't need to have any monies in the bank or proof etc. I think with the 190 visa it is dependent on the sponsoring state on how much you need..

All the best.. :chatterbox:

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum :-) we too are off to Melbourne in January. Our visas we're granted 4 weeks after our medicals, we got direct grants (189) from our EOI to grant took us 11 weeks. We are using move cube 6m cubed container costing around £900. We don't need a big container as we have sold nearly all our furniture so it's just for personnel items. Where abouts in Melbourne are you looking at? Also when are you hoping to make to big move? Hope your visa makes a speedy appearance. Jx

Hi I have an urgent question, I used an immigration agent to lodge my application. I lodged my application on 17th Sept. I came to know today that the reference letter that they have attached is the old one not the one that we have sent to ACS for approval. That is a wrong one. What to do? Shall I upload the correct one now before CO gets assigned?

Please suggest, please help.

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum :-) we too are off to Melbourne in January. Our visas we're granted 4 weeks after our medicals, we got direct grants (189) from our EOI to grant took us 11 weeks. We are using move cube 6m cubed container costing around £900. We don't need a big container as we have sold nearly all our furniture so it's just for personnel items. Where abouts in Melbourne are you looking at? Also when are you hoping to make to big move? Hope your visa makes a speedy appearance. Jx

Thank you for your replies! We are applying for a 189 visa. We have family in glen Waverley, south east of Melbourne so are hoping to settle close to there. Hoping to go in march/ April we think!

Hey Telle,

Which team are you with? I am with Adelaide gsm02 . We have almost the same timeline , I have not heard from either..:(

Hey Mariaarieckal, Yes, we are also with Adelaide GSM Team 2...maybe a hold up on their end???

Anyone else with Team 2 GSM Adelaide???

Hey Mariaarieckal, Yes, we are also with Adelaide GSM Team 2...maybe a hold up on their end???

Anyone else with Team 2 GSM Adelaide???

We are with Team 23 - GSM Adelaide.............. I had given my state PCC on 26 Sep........... everything else was already given ............my agent even sent them a reminder mail - but no response yet ......... this is testing my patience.