Hello Everyone

I have been following this thread for a while and it has been really helpful. My wife and I got our PR (189) granted yesterday and thought to share the timelines.

ACS Applied: 30th May 2014

ACS Granted: 23rd June

EOI Submitted: 27th June

Invite: 15th July

189 Visa Lodged: 17th July

Started collecting relevant documents and front loaded everything except Australian PCC (a slip on my part)

CO: 26th Sep (asked for an Australian PCC)

Australian PCC Submitted: 3rd Oct

Visa Grant: 21st Oct

It was an agonizing wait! Glad its over:jiggy:

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Cheers

S

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Beth, welcome to the forum :-) we too are off to Melbourne in January. Our visas we're granted 4 weeks after our medicals, we got direct grants (189) from our EOI to grant took us 11 weeks. We are using move cube 6m cubed container costing around £900. We don't need a big container as we have sold nearly all our furniture so it's just for personnel items. Where abouts in Melbourne are you looking at? Also when are you hoping to make to big move? Hope your visa makes a speedy appearance. Jx

Hi,

we have our medicals tomorrow after a long wait for a Saturday appointment! I'm hoping they go ok and no problems. Hoping for a quick turnaround after that with the grant. If all goes to plan then hopefully off to melbourne in February/march.

If you don't mind me asking, which company did you use for your container?

thanks, B x

i got a update on my application saying "pending internal checks", what does this means?

is this below process correct ?

1: lodge

2: a team to prepare dox

3: case officer

4: internal Check

5: external security check

6: grant or refused

or internal , external not depend and happen simultaneously?

I'm sure someone's probably said this before!

We had our medicals last Saturday, how do you know when they've been uploaded? Will they show up on our immi account?

thanks!

Yeah it will reflect on your immi account. Where it says Health Requirement it will change to say something like 'health requirement has been finalized for this applicant....etc.' Unless its referred of course, which will then say that I assume. We did our tests on a Saturday and our clinic uploaded them on Wednesday. The link on the immi account changed immediately.

You could also maybe check with your clinic if the results have been uploaded.

Hi,

My EOI has been removed and we didn't receive any grant letter in our mailbox. When I checked online on VEVO, it says grant given on 10th Oct, but it's only showing for main applicant. Any idea how to check dependent details?

Thanks.

You should have received an email about the grant with yours and the dependants letter..... And it should say on your immi account too

Hi,

My EOI has been removed and we didn't receive any grant letter in our mailbox. When I checked online on VEVO, it says grant given on 10th Oct, but it's only showing for main applicant. Any idea how to check dependent details?

Thanks.

Belmakov ........... dont worry ....... I think your secondary applicants must have also got the grant letter. If you use the TRN number to see the status - it will show only your status (primary applicant) but there is something called as Grant number which is different for you and each secondary applicant and that needs to be used to check status on VEVO. I also had tried same - used TRN number - only my data - used Grant numbers - got details for secondary applicants as well.......... but the only issue for you is you have to locate those grant letters. Call your CO and request for a copy. Also go through your Spam folder to find "Visa Grant Notice" or something like that.

Anyone on this forum still waiting? We lodged on 11th June, had a case officer 18th August, uploaded meds and police checks by 5th sept. Heard nothing since? We're applying to Adelaide gsm 190. If there is anyone still in the same position I'd love to hear your story. Thanks

Hey same here. Lodged on 19th June, CO contacted on 2nd Sep (GSM Adelaide team 23). Uploaded requested docs on 4th Sep. Since then no communication. :mad:

Anyone from June 2014 still out there? We were requested some additional docs (to detail gap in high school and college), which we uploaded in October - but so far no idea what's holding our file and what's going on. This opaque process is so bothersome. All it says is "in progress". Our agent says its normal and there's nothing to worry.

Hey @yrazvi, yeah we're still waiting. We lodged on the 11th June. CO allocated on 18th August, had meds, form 80 and PC checks uploaded by 5th September, on the 4th November, our case officer contacted our agent to say they were unable to load the form 80 and police checks so requested them by email. These were sent same day. Still no contact. Our immi account shows 'in progress' last update 18th August which is the date the CO was allocated.

I totally sympathise with you.

My agent says there is nothing to worry about too. But it is hard not to worry when so many others get seen to so quickly.

Hang in there! Wishing you a speedy grant!