Get together in the UK

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to my mind, if we are thinking Bristol, we should go the whole hog and go to say Weymouth? Torquay? I mean what's in Bristol? Not much I don't think. I guess as well it depends on what people want to spend. I think I might spend some time doing research about different South Coast areas, see's what's on offer, see what rates etc are like. Also thinking about train tickets, I'm pretty sure that group bookings would be cheaper but not sure if we have to start from the same destination. Let me look around.

Some where on the coast would be lovely! I'm up for any of those places.

So for people who have said they are going or might be going...

we have -

3fatcats

mattw

quoll

louisella

MtT

Britchick (me)

Tappers2Oz

michaela

Lindor

anyone else?

Edited by BritChickx

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hi all

We arranged a great meet up in Perth Australia earlier this year – we were thinking of doing a similar event in the UK over the summer when we put on some drinks/food for forum members.

In terms of venue and location, Bristol or the South Coast has been suggested however open to any recommendations (and going with the popular vote).

Thanks

John

Edited by John from Moneycorp

Haha, you bunch of pervs!

Thanks very much for the offer John. Perhaps we should wait and see if anyone else is interested first?

i don't want any efforts to be a waste of time (or money)

Obviously people have their own lives and commitments, but I need your name in blood here ;) haha

don't mention your whips and chains just yet, you might scare him off :wink:

No no....lindor says he likes them too....

(people want to check back on the Perth meet up thread...and see where Lindor and John went off clubbing together)

He def is.....he told me its his fav thing:wink:

Yeeeehaaaaaaa :happy_face_outlaw_s

Haha, you bunch of pervs!

I need your name in blood here ;) haha

You speak for yourself! At least I don't want his blood :tongue:

don't mention your whips and chains just yet, you might scare him off :wink:

I was planning to keep that on the QT until I read the below!!

No no....lindor says he likes them too....

(people want to check back on the Perth meet up thread...and see where Lindor and John went off clubbing together)

Even better, a man who knows what I like :wink:

Yeeeehaaaaaaa :happy_face_outlaw_s

You speak for yourself! At least I don't want his blood :tongue:

I was planning to keep that on the QT until I read the below!!

Even better, a man who knows what I like :wink:

Haha..I consider myself quite naughty....but you are the naughtiest...

Guest John from Moneycorp

In terms of location, I think we should pick somewhere that the majority find easy to get to - clearly it may be tricky to find an easy one for everyone.

Once we've got an idea of numbers then I can arrange a suitable bar/venue. August could be a good time to have it.

Thanks

John

Ok, am back from my excursion around England with map and compass and careful calculation (okay and google help too!) has helped to determine the centre as being:

Lindley Hall Farm, Leicestershire (near Fenny Drayton and Higham on the Hill) A plaque denoting this point, and disputing the "traditional" centre of England as being at Meriden in the West Midlands, was erected by Ordnance Survey on 14 June 2013

I think we should meet by the plaque on Midsummer Night at midnight :wink:

Hi all

We arranged a great meet up in Perth Australia earlier this year – we were thinking of doing a similar event in the UK over the summer when we put on some drinks/food for forum members.

In terms of venue and location, Bristol or the South Coast has been suggested however open to any recommendations (and going with the popular vote).

Thanks

John

Can't you all wait till September!! :(

I think it looks like me and you are going to end up with our own get together lol

Careful there; my wife will get the wrong idea. I hadn't wanted to hijack the timing or venue so was standing back and waiting for the outcome and the assessing availability but the majority going for August was a bit of a surprise tbh. It would be interesting to meet some of the folk on here.