sue the embassy

7eleven

Guest guest30085

Visas are not refused for no reason, some of the conditions/criteria must not have been met. What reasons were given for the refusal?

hi i would like to ask a question can i sue the embassy .because i was apply visa 572 and 573 .

they refused my visa .

Thank You Very Much.!

You can attempt to sue whoever you want, can't see you getting far though. What was the reason they gave you for refusing the visa?

Guest Guest 47403
Why were you refused??

Maybe you could try one of those 'no win no fee' companies . . .

Where there's blame there's a claim!

hi i would like to ask a question can i sue the embassy .because i was apply visa 572 and 573 .

they refused my visa .

Thank You Very Much.!

That would be like walking up to the guards at Buckingham Palace and upon being refused entry, suing them for obstructing your passage :nah:

You mean you can't do this?!?! Surely not @dmjg!!!

I was about to tell you to give it a go then get back to us,

But am I right in assuming you have already given it a try?

Is that you in Danny's picture???

they refused my visa .

Thank You Very Much.!

From what you have posted, it is most likely that you did not receive a decision that is reviewable on the merits.

If this is the case a judicial review on a point of law is probably your only review avenue.

Such an action v the minister (not the embassy) would be very expensive and even if successful would not result in an order for a visa to be granted, only for your case to be reconsidered according to law.

If you intend to proceed, your best strategy is almost certainly to take some professional advice with a view to re-applying for one or the other of the visa subclasses you mentioned or some other visa.

I was about to tell you to give it a go then get back to us,

But am I right in assuming you have already given it a try?

Is that you in Danny's picture???

I don't know if you know the story of the picture, but it was a disalussioned Nigerian man who wanted to ask his former colonial masters for passage back to Nigeria or something along those lines. Sounded properly mental in the press. What the guard was actually playing at getting involved is another matter.

You can't sue an embassy for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is not considered to be a person or a body corporate. Therefore there is nobody to sue. Secondly, you would run up against jurisdiction. An embassy is not physically within the legal jurisdiction of the host nation, but nor is it within the jurisdiction of its parent nation. This means there is no court in which you could bring a case. Thirdly - and related to the second point - because the embassy is not within any jurisdiction, there are no laws that govern what goes on within it. Apart from the fact that the Ambassador is answerable to his paymaster back home, he can make his own rules for the embassy. Therefore you would have no legal ground on which you could sue.

You can't sue an embassy for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is not considered to be a person or a body corporate. Therefore there is nobody to sue. Secondly, you would run up against jurisdiction. An embassy is not physically within the legal jurisdiction of the host nation, but nor is it within the jurisdiction of its parent nation. This means there is no court in which you could bring a case. Thirdly - and related to the second point - because the embassy is not within any jurisdiction, there are no laws that govern what goes on within it. Apart from the fact that the Ambassador is answerable to his paymaster back home, he can make his own rules for the embassy. Therefore you would have no legal ground on which you could sue.

That's correct, also related to 'diplomatic immunity' and also 'immunity from prosecution' for ambassadors and diplomats. Even if a diplomat or a family member steals something in the host country non of these members can be sued.

Australian Immigration Law is often misinterpreted anyway. Getting a visa is not a right, getting a visa is a privilege!

That's correct, also related to 'diplomatic immunity' and also 'immunity from prosecution' for ambassadors and diplomats. Even if a diplomat or a family member steals something in the host country non of these members can be sued.

Australian Immigration Law is often misinterpreted anyway. Getting a visa is not a right, getting a visa is a privilege!

Im not certain thats 100% true. Didn't the Indian ambassador to USA get in a load of **** recently for employment laws?

Archived