Winter in Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I love about Australia there is a climate to suit everyone. At this time of year we have all the grey nomads from Melbourne heading up to Cairns for 6 months and then they head back to Melbourne when it starts warming up.

Saw a 'convoy' of 14 caravans, followed by a road train, followed by another 'convoy' of 13 caravans on the Stuart Hwy heading to The Darwin one June... Bl**dy "grey nomads" indeed! Bah, humbug!

Poor truckie caught in that slow procession.:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I an very envious of Cairns Kate, it looks gorgeous, especially as that's where we originally wanted to go :( We are settled in Melbourne instead, but the OH had a great job offer, so a big change of plans.

Melbourne weather is sunny but cold, which is ok if you have got a stove or a properly insulated house...how I miss my new double glazed centrally heated house in the UK! When we put the heating on here it all escapes though the walls and windows (mental note, make sure the next house we get here has a coonara wood burning stove!)

It's a lovely temperature here in Brissy, the humidity has gone and I'm loving it :) x

In my opinion Brissie has the best weather in 3 of the 4 seasons for the major cities

In my opinion Brissie has the best weather in 3 of the 4 seasons for the major cities

Certainly the best winter weather - sublime! 25 degrees the other day and I looked at my pool and thought 'see you in September' What a wuss I have become!

Lived through perth winter and was freezing now , teeth chattering everything lol , even New Year's Eve was a cold night at mandurah fireworks cold enough for my fleece jacket anyway , didn't sign up for cold haha , brissie upto now much better no need for my fire just yet loving it .:biggrin:

Lived through perth winter and was freezing now , teeth chattering everything lol , even New Year's Eve was a cold night at mandurah fireworks cold enough for my fleece jacket anyway , didn't sign up for cold haha , brissie upto now much better no need for my fire just yet loving it .:biggrin:

You've turned into a real wuss shelly, Perth temps on average so far this winter about 22 degrees in the day and it's getting down to about 11 degrees at night.:biggrin:

You've turned into a real wuss shelly, Perth temps on average so far this winter about 22 degrees in the day and it's getting down to about 11 degrees at night.:biggrin:

Haha ha well I'm still in contact with my perth friends they have their uggs and onesies out jumpers the lot , I've not still in my flip flops ans vest tops the odd night I've put a cardy on but perth I was frozen now lol x

I cracked open the shutter at 6am this morning to see what the day was like. Chilly according to the weather forecast but the sun was coming out in a big blue sky - so it was situation normal for autumn/winter in Canberra :smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24506[/ATTACH]

Guest Guest 47403
I cracked open the shutter at 6am this morning to see what the day was like. Chilly according to the weather forecast but the sun was coming out in a big blue sky - so it was situation normal for autumn/winter in Canberra :smile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24506[/ATTACH]

Lovely colours on the trees too.

Guest Guest 47403

About the same as a UK summer then? :cool:

It is beautiful in Sydney at the moment. Cold at night, but the days are low to mid twenties, beautiful clear bright blue sky. Perfect :cool:! I don't think that it has been as wet this year. I seem to remember pouring rain for days last year and the year before around April/May time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived