House for sale: Brisbane

Johndoe

Great looking house. I would think you should have no problems with the price at your location. I had a mortgage lender out to our house Thursday night as I'm looking at a house , he advised me it's a sellers market in brisbane now, saying this year has really turned around. Hopefully you should get a quick sale. There is a few things in your favour. Good luck.

I notice it's inspection via appointment. Whilst that tends to generate good leads, and having open houses means a lot of pointless tyre kickers wander through your house, you'd be surprised how many people are put off having to arrange an exclusive visit with the REA and be subjected to the hard sell. An open home might lead to someone who then arranges for a second viewing. Also, open homes can generate useful feedback.

Be wary of slashing the price; all this information is available on the internet. Once the buyers think you're on the back foot they'll wait and wait. It becomes a bit like a Dutch auction.

Still, all it takes is one buyer. And your house does present very well.

I notice it's inspection via appointment. Whilst that tends to generate good leads, and having open houses means a lot of pointless tyre kickers wander through your house, you'd be surprised how many people are put off having to arrange an exclusive visit with the REA and be subjected to the hard sell. An open home might lead to someone who then arranges for a second viewing. Also, open homes can generate useful feedback.

Be wary of slashing the price; all this information is available on the internet. Once the buyers think you're on the back foot they'll wait and wait. It becomes a bit like a Dutch auction.

Still, all it takes is one buyer. And your house does present very well.

Open House next saturday I think

Great looking house. I would think you should have no problems with the price at your location. I had a mortgage lender out to our house Thursday night as I'm looking at a house , he advised me it's a sellers market in brisbane now, saying this year has really turned around. Hopefully you should get a quick sale. There is a few things in your favour. Good luck.

The colour scheme I'm told, is not............Aussies seem to favour beige/magnolia/mushroom/off white etc

The colour scheme I'm told, is not............Aussies seem to favour beige/magnolia/mushroom/off white etc

Must admit Kev I did wonder if your agent had suggested repainting might be worthwhile. Big job especially as it looks as though you would need to do the skirting etc as well as the doors but it might be worth doing if it doesn't sell as quickly as you would like it to. If you did it yourself it would be more cost effective than knocking the price down but professionals would be faster and cost around $10k given the house doesn't look too big (not that it's small either).

Good luck with it anyway - hope you find a buyer quickly.

I nearly said that too Kev..its a beautiful home and I rather like blue myself, had a house in the UK that was different shades all through but it is a taste thing and most buyers prefer neutral. I would get someone in....I reckon the house would sell itself then. Make a huge difference.

It's lovely. I like the colours but am shocked at the repainting costs here!

The only thing I would say is that there are several mistakes in the written part of the ad. Not sure if it would make a difference but it doesn't hurt to make sure all that stuff is correct.

Good luck.