stunning Spring in all its glory

Guest Bora

Very lucky to have this view from the front door of my temporary accommodation. Not a dead looking Gumtree in sight. Enjoy. Not a great topic of conversation, but none the less. I had to share it after months of looking at the outback......

IMG_20140316_083127.jpg

IMG_20140316_083127.jpg

Guest Guest40285

Looks lovely, Nice daffs. Would be nice just sitting there in the afternoon and chillin with a proper Somerset Cider, lovely.

Guest Guest16631

.......what a beautiful photo......

......love to see the daffodils ,.....thanks for posting it.........tink x

Thanks All, whilst I am sure the immediate reaction is one of beauty, I woke this morning imagining how I would feel seeing this image if I was still stuck in Australia longing to return. One voice says to me don't showboat or gloat just because I've made it back as people are suffering and where I was when I was still in OZ. Other side says, I'm allowed to as I done my time in the bush where there is not much to see at all, and wanted to share what people have to look forward to, and may have forgotton if there coming home. I'm pleased for those who like it, apologies if it added to the pain of those wanting to return.

On the radio this morning they had some female American singer (I was half asleep so not sure who) in the studio. When asked how she is finding Melbourne she said "I love it here, the climate is great, not too hot not too cold. It reminds me of England". The presenters snapped back with "er I don't think that's quite the case, it's a bit colder and certainly rains more there, but anyway glad you like it".

That's a fairly representative view, everyone here seems to think that England is in the arctic circle and Melbourne has the same climate as Queensland.

Very lucky to have this view from the front door of my temporary accommodation. Not a dead looking Gumtree in sight. Enjoy. Not a great topic of conversation, but none the less. I had to share it after months of looking at the outback......

bora ...ive just had 80 miles of scenes like that driving through the Worcester and Hereford countryside on a job ....rivers , fields , villages , pubs ....makes up for all the inner city stuff

On the radio this morning they had some female American singer (I was half asleep so not sure who) in the studio. When asked how she is finding Melbourne she said "I love it here, the climate is great, not too hot not too cold. It reminds me of England". The presenters snapped back with "er I don't think that's quite the case, it's a bit colder and certainly rains more there, but anyway glad you like it".

That's a fairly representative view, everyone here seems to think that England is in the arctic circle and Melbourne has the same climate as Queensland.

ive seen a bit of Victoria ....and England it aint ....I know Melbourne has been voted no 1 , and I wouldn't argue ....but our countryside beats most places hands down

bora ...ive just had 80 miles of scenes like that driving through the Worcester and Hereford countryside on a job ....rivers , fields , villages , pubs ....makes up for all the inner city stuff

That's funny Bunbury, just had 80 mile round trip meself down into Devon this afternoon. I saw rivers, fields, villages, pubs aswell but I also saw ancient churches perched on tight bends with ghostly cemetrys, little red post boxes covered in the overgrowth of the hedge behind it, rabbits running through the meadows ......that all do all day long. :)

Can't believe we had snow this time last year. We were sunbathing this weekend just gone. Lovely time of year. Good time for bird spotting in the backyard before all the leaves come and hide them. Grass is growing. Have to get the mower out this weekend.

Archived