Tony Abbott has done it. He has stopped the boats.

Parley

I think you need to read the articles objectively

Article31 allows potential asylum seekers to come "directly from the country of persecution" so, sail or fly DIRECTLY from Iraq to Australia, claim asylum is lawful. Go via several other countries first is not.

Article 32 regarding refoulement only applies to lawful entry, so break 31, 32 doesn't apply.

Laws are laws, interpret as you wish but these are fairly unambiguous unless clouded by political bias

Precisely!

Thank you for stating that clearly as some posters do not seem to be able to grasp it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a 2GB brainwashing!!

As I have told you once before when you came out with this ridiculous sort of comment.

Australia is more than just Sydney.

I do not live in Sydney, I live in Melbourne.

I do not listen to Sydney radio stations or read Sydney newspapers.

Read the first sentence carefully (particularly the word 'lawfully').

Flag not everyone is totally brainwashed like yourself, and not everyone believes everything they are told in simple words..Most asylum seekers are freeloaders..they pay thousands of dollars to get to Australia for a better life..I dont like freeloaders and dont want them around me, so if that labels me as a racist then that is what Iam and Im not ashamed to admit this...You appear to label anyone that doesnt agree that they are all genuine refugees as a racist..Look at the state of the UK now, and alot of it is down to people scared to say anything and being called a racist..by do gooders like you..

.Most asylum seekers are freeloaders..they pay thousands of dollars to get to Australia for a better life..I dont like freeloaders and dont want them around me, so if that labels me as a racist then that is what Iam and Im not ashamed to admit this...

Do you know a lot of asylum seekers then?

Most asylum seekers are freeloaders..they pay thousands of dollars to get to Australia for a better life..I dont like freeloaders and dont want them around me,

Haven't we all?

Alright, let's get tough on them. Sink their boats and imprison any stragglers on a deserted Pacific island. Job done.

What are your recommendations for Australia's native freeloaders? They cost the honest taxpayer a lot more than foreign interlopers. If you don't want freeloaders around you you couldn't have picked a worse island.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-20/green-reality-bites-pollies-fake-it-for-the-cameras/5271166

'...where facts bend like light through a prism to suit political necessity, are a commonplace.Did outrageous award conditions put SPC Ardmona in a hard place? Yes, say the politicians. No, says the company.

Same story at Toyota. And Holden.

Did the carbon tax play a leading hand in the Alcoa smelter decision? No, says Alcoa. Yes, says government. Is Australian business enduring a wages boom that tears at the heart of business and erodes slim profitability? Yes, says government. No, says the Australian Bureau of Statistics: "The growth in wages over the last year of 2.6 per cent seasonally adjusted was the smallest through the year rise since the series commenced in 1997."'

As I have told you once before when you came out with this ridiculous sort of comment.

You don't have to, the relay stations in every state broadcast it word for word. It just originates at 2Gb.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-20/green-reality-bites-pollies-fake-it-for-the-cameras/5271166

'...where facts bend like light through a prism to suit political necessity, are a commonplace.Did outrageous award conditions put SPC Ardmona in a hard place? Yes, say the politicians. No, says the company.

Same story at Toyota. And Holden.

Did the carbon tax play a leading hand in the Alcoa smelter decision? No, says Alcoa. Yes, says government. Is Australian business enduring a wages boom that tears at the heart of business and erodes slim profitability? Yes, says government. No, says the Australian Bureau of Statistics: "The growth in wages over the last year of 2.6 per cent seasonally adjusted was the smallest through the year rise since the series commenced in 1997."'

This is PIO and facts are NOT welcome!

I think you need to read the articles objectively

Article31 allows potential asylum seekers to come "directly from the country of persecution" so, sail or fly DIRECTLY from Iraq to Australia, claim asylum is lawful. Go via several other countries first is not.

Article 32 regarding refoulement only applies to lawful entry, so break 31, 32 doesn't apply.

Laws are laws, interpret as you wish but these are fairly unambiguous unless clouded by political bias

No as in the case of Australia it is the only, or close to only, country that has signed the convention.As such none of the transit countries have a legal obligation to take in asylum seekers, but actually many do allow them to stay but often with various degrees of harassment.

Australia is a signatory and has a legal obligation. That is the law and that is how it stands.

You are of course correct and we have both stated this fact on numerous threads - but to no avail.

I get disheartened that people still get swayed by the sensationalist media and vote hungry politicians, pandering to the not so nice side of human emotion - fear of the other.

It is like a brick wall. There are those convinced by the language successive governments and media have used, in the process of dehumanising the asylum seekers, together with their narrow minded prejudices, if not indeed bigoted racism, that they are able to justify this continued stance, with justification in their minds. Shame on the various governments for pondering to those elements of society and actively encouraging others by their language into that camp.

Shades of old fashioned "Yellow Peril" hysteria by the masses fanned by the press.

The Melbourne equivalent then. Goodness knows or really cares who feeds you the misinformation you continue to write, your right of course, wrong as it is.

I agree with you on that.

Damn you, Parleycross! Just when I had you written off as the devil incarnate you post something that might suggest a glimmer of compassion in your heart! Please, please, tell me I have misinterpreted your post and am mistaken - perhaps it's sarcasm or something along those lines? - I don't think I can afford the therapy otherwise!!

Shame the ABC/Guardian were not that interested in the 100s that died on sinking boats trying to get over, before we started turning them back.

So it is all about saving life is it? How would you have any idea if folk are not still going down, with the military secretive operations of this government and dismal performance in managing the camps?

Flag not everyone is totally brainwashed like yourself, and not everyone believes everything they are told in simple words..Most asylum seekers are freeloaders..they pay thousands of dollars to get to Australia for a better life..I dont like freeloaders and dont want them around me, so if that labels me as a racist then that is what Iam and Im not ashamed to admit this...You appear to label anyone that doesnt agree that they are all genuine refugees as a racist..Look at the state of the UK now, and alot of it is down to people scared to say anything and being called a racist..by do gooders like you..

You don't know many(any) refugees I expect do you? Sooner have one of those "freeloading"folk living next door to me than a neighbour with your what shall we say, pommy tabloid attitudes. Or is it suburban Murdoch induced infusions directing your thought?

Most asylum seekers that become refugees are very hard workers. Many are often better educated than the workers this country imports by the shed full. They are generally anything but free loaders. In fact their get up and go will add greatly to this nation's gene pool in time.

As for being brainwashed, perhaps you should search your own motives for sprouting the views you do, populist as they are, and tell me whose brain washed?

I have no idea nor care if your racist. Not my issue. The content of the post does deserve a retort as such though.

Damn you, Parleycross! Just when I had you written off as the devil incarnate you post something that might suggest a glimmer of compassion in your heart! Please, please, tell me I have misinterpreted your post and am mistaken - perhaps it's sarcasm or something along those lines? - I don't think I can afford the therapy otherwise!!

Just don't lower your guard. Befriend your enemy then crush him. Ancient Chinese belief.

I wonder how many people realise that per percentage of population size ( Australia being quite small in comparison to other countries) that Australia takes more refugees than any other country if you take into account how many we let in . Other countries take more but have a lot bigger population. Also I wonder how many people realise just how many refugees fly into Indonesia with a passport than board a boat for Australia , and you guessed it they magically lost there documents . By doing this and arriving legally in Indonesia they are therefore illegal immigrants if they continue to cross borders without documents. Indonesia should be detaining them and charging them when caught. IMO. I do feel for the genuine refugees but seems most are not now on the boats.

i had lunch today with a university teacher friend today. He spoke to his class on certain maters, I can't be bothered putting all I was told about it but makes me angry what certain so called refugees are trying to achieve.

Edited by Ausborn