moving on 457 with debts?

jameskristie

Rupert have you spoke to every 457 visa holder?

I work with 9 overseas people and each and everyone have got PR.

Your probationary period may have failed at one company but if get another sponsorship within 28 days then you can try again.

Just because 1 person failed doesnt mean they all do!.

This thread was about debts not 457. You have gone off track!!

Sammy we all know that 457 is temporary but each person has different views. They come out on that to see if they like it.

You are misleading people.

Its their choice what they do. I only stated the options available!!

Its changed its not 28 days its 90 so maybe your experience isn't recent ?

Rupert have you spoke to every 457 visa holder?

I work with 9 overseas people and each and everyone have got PR.

Your probationary period may have failed at one company but if get another sponsorship within 28 days then you can try again.

Just because 1 person failed doesnt mean they all do!.

This thread was about debts not 457. You have gone off track!!

Sammy we all know that 457 is temporary but each person has different views. They come out on that to see if they like it.

You are misleading people.

Its their choice what they do. I only stated the options available!!

Been through the 457 and PR myself, never really considered having emigrated until I had the PR migration visa in the passport.... if I had run around on a 457 telling everyone I had emigrated I'm sure people would have laughed at me... it's just dumb.

457 is a bit of a joke visa to be honest, it's like a WHV for grownups... easy come easy go.

Been through the 457 and PR myself, never really considered having emigrated until I had the PR migration visa in the passport.... if I had run around on a 457 telling everyone I had emigrated I'm sure people would have laughed at me... it's just dumb.

457 is a bit of a joke visa to be honest, it's like a WHV for grownups... easy come easy go.

Joe I have never heard the 457 described as that before, but you hit it on the head... so pleased to hear you have PR now...

So the rumours are true about this site!.

What happened to the friendly site that offered good advice? = Know all keyboard warriors that jump down yr throat. Nice people. NOT!!!!

Enlighten us about the rumours please R74, from what I have read in this thread the advice regarding debt and moving to Oz has been answered, it doesn't effect your move unless you owe the Australian government monies.

Also wether you move to Oz on a temp visa or a pathway to PR visa or a PR visa, moving to Oz is moving to Oz.

The term emigrating IMO is used for a permanent move. We went on a 489 but never thought that we had emigrated it was always going to be a temp move until we got our PR (but that's another story).

We are nice people who offer good and helpful advice on here and agreeing to disagree on threads helps a lot, being rude to a well respected and well informed member winds others up and doesn't help the OP in any way.

Have a banter, have a crack, have a heated debate, take the p155, wind others up and get wound up...but please don't be rude after all we are all human on here.

Edited by garyupnorth

What happened to the friendly site that offered good advice? = Know all keyboard warriors that jump down yr throat. Nice people. NOT!!!!

The only person who jumped on anyone on this thread was you. Your answer to a very experienced person who does her best to help many was rude and did nothing to help. Maybe read back with a more open mind. We were all helping with the exception of you.

Actually it is most of the time, but like anything on the internet, the 'tone' of the written word can often get misinterpreted.

But back on topic as this thread is straying away from the OP

Wish I'd have written 'move to oz with the intention of emigrating'... Could have saved people a whole lot of typing..... lmao....jeez aloo!

Back to your OP

When I was on my 457 visa I transferred money back to pay C/C etc. At the time I could do it through my Australia bank account online banking - it cost $20 per transaction max $5000. My Uk account also charged £8 handling fee. Im sure there must be cheaper ways - but that was the easiest way for me.

I think you simply do not like the advice that has been offered. The people on here - particularly the one you attacked give up a lot of their time to help people on this site and have a huge amount of experience and information. Many of us have had to go through a lot of dealings with immigration. I have had three different visas in Australia and a good number of people have had more! So we have a reasonable understanding of the system and how it works.

Wish I'd have written 'move to oz with the intention of emigrating'... Could have saved people a whole lot of typing..... lmao....jeez aloo!

As long as you don't start making the same mistakes that you did to get into debt in the UK you should be OK and be able to pay them off from here. However, I know quite a few people who think that getting into debt isn't a problem as "everyone else is doing it". It's got to be paid back someday and it's just as easy to get into bad habits in Aus too. Probably easier at the moment as the banks are still lending a lot easier than UK banks are.