UK Trip In Pictures

Johndoe

Next stop Blackpool/Lytham St Annes/Cleveleys and 3 days with one of my older sons. Again, the weather was "grey" so not much became of the photography other than to indicate just how "grey" Blackpool can be.............no "punchy" colours here, as there would be with a bit of sunshine............. The newly vamped prom is to my mind, an excellent piece of architecture that leads your eye along the sweeping sea wall to what lies beyond..................other side of the tram tracks though, it's the same tatty, bleak place, that it was when we left

LC5A2350Copy_zps14fd0c1b.jpg

LC5A2353Copy_zps4de095bd.jpg

LC5A2334Copy_zps5adc7024.jpg

LC5A2333Copy_zps157f7ab9.jpg

LC5A2344Copy_zpsd19d3b39.jpg

LC5A2391Copy_zps0d220dc8.jpg

LC5A2398Copy_zpse0c4a983.jpg

he was well "out of it"

LC5A2340Copy_zps5f4cb703.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to Cleveleys to see "The Shell"...................From experience of this coastline/weather, I knew that good things were to come..................good images don't just happen........... so we waited nearly two hours in a biting wind to get the results...............well worth it!

On arrival

LC5A2429Copy_zps1e6d9161.jpg

LC5A2419Copy_zps0ce80103.jpg

Looking promising

LC5A2417Copy_zps7160c64b.jpg

LC5A2401Copy_zpsd34f2a23.jpg

LC5A2429Copy_zps1e6d9161.jpg

LC5A2454Copy_zps389d266f.jpg

Bingo!

LC5A2442Copy_zpsb172db2a.jpg

LC5A2432Copy_zpsa8a366f6.jpg

LC5A2442aCopy_zps62158fde.jpg

my son and daughter-in-law are giving to spend a month in the UK in August ... they are staying for two nights in Scarborough and also visiting Bridlington ... I will show him your photographs when you put them on ...

Tell them to go to robin hoods bay and whitby. Both are less than an hours drive from Scarborough.

my son and daughter-in-law are giving to spend a month in the UK in August ... they are staying for two nights in Scarborough and also visiting Bridlington ... I will show him your photographs when you put them on

The photos won't do the towns justice due to the weather....................any moisture in the air and it diffuses the colours and contrast but nevertheless, the whole of the East Yorks coast is beautiful............they must visit Flamborough Head

Thanks, but wait till you see the cathedrals......................indoor shoots were ok as you knew what light you had to deal with, but the outdoors :arghh:..............it was grey and rainy most of the time so not much you can do about it.
cant be Stratford, the streets aren't paved with gold, no topless girls giving free beer on every street corner ?

The photos won't do the towns justice due to the weather....................any moisture in the air and it diffuses the colours and contrast but nevertheless, the whole of the East Yorks coast is beautiful............they must visit Flamborough Head

I have already shown him your photographs and he was very impressed ...

Now on to the Lakes. We stayed at Centre parc as it was as cheap as B&B and I thought it'd be OK if we got snowed in. The agenda was to show Jake my old haunts in the Lakes and to spend as little time as possible in the parc. The weather was kind on only one of the days with an odd ray of sunshine but mostly, it peed down which is once again, reflected in the muted pics.

Centre Parc and our daily visitor...............a true British icon, especially at Xmas time.

LC5A2519Copy_zps611a47b4.jpg

LC5A2511Copy_zps8209801d.jpg

LC5A2608Copy_zpsb84ef90b.jpg

robinbCopy_zps23a097a5.jpg

robinCopy_zps6b6ef6b1.jpg

robinaCopy_zpsc22120d0.jpg

Archived