Members come and Members go

Petals

Guest The Pom Queen

The issue you have is where to draw the line, so it's easier for us to say no "where is ....." threads.

There are many reasons people leave:

1) They were banned - although we don't ban anyone for life anymore but they may have been sent on a 12 month vacation.

2) They have thrown a tantrum and left

3) They have just had enough with the forum and want to move on with their life

4) They just need personal space

5) They are busy in their personal life - Yes people actually do have a life outside the forum.

I think I've been guilty of 2,3,4 and 5 myself and have left for a while, however, I would not want people starting threads and speculating where or what i am doing, if I wanted people to know I would post a leaving thread or post a thread explaining my reasons for wanting some time out. I find most of our members from the ones who have left feel the same, unless they are on some ego trip and are hiding behind the scenes waiting for people to post a thread asking where they are, yes people actually do this :rolleyes:

The "Where is Threads" we have had on the forum have often turned in to a b1tchfest full of speculation with the member in question not around to defend themselves.

If you are ever worried about a member or want to know how they are, then please feel free to contact myself or the mods (unless it's me who has gone AWOL then leave me alone :tongue: ) and if we can, we may be able to alleviate some of your concerns.

However, as Petals has said, it is a huge forum and people come and go everyday (they usually come back as someone else a few days later) nothing unusual about that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then there are the members you wish would go, and hang around like bad smells.

I think if there are members on here that you "wish would go" you need to get out more

Guest Guest16631

.........I often think about starting with a fresh identity............

........think I might be recognised though...............................lol....!

By the way, it is only natural that if someone you interact with for months or years suddenly disappears off the face of the earth, you are going to wonder where they went and why.

If one of your neighbours, friends or colleagues suddenly disappeared I'm sure you would ask what happened.

Actually it is very strange behaviour to just ignore the sudden disappearance and continue on as if nothing happened, never mentioning the sudden departure.

I don't always agree with your posts, but this hit the nail on the head for me. :-)

I know.

Like at the Oscars, we should have an annual montage thread title "Member we have lost during the year".

A youtube video would play some sad music and we would show highlights of our dear departed members in 2013.

Memorable posts from Rupert, Harpodom, Hoff etc would all make us cry at losing such loved members during the year.

.........I often think about starting with a fresh identity............

........think I might be recognised though...............................lol....!

I would recognise you anywhere...............................hic

Archived