So Poms in the U.k ...what are your thoughts on our current weather ?

bunbury61

Been to the Lakes a few times, like that every time I've been.

I think Quoll and I may have a very different definition of "gorgeous".

Quite probably - clear blue sky, fluffy clouds, muted light sunshine, berries on the hedgerows, the new green of winter crops, crisp clear air, festive looking villages - perhaps a tad too much mud under foot though I must admit but the pubs en route were gems. Yesterday was not like that! (So I didn't mind not being able to be out and walking in it!). Think it might be raining now - must be the end of the world.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the uk is the place to be for front row seats of global warming.

the convergence of multiple weather systems, with the major stuff being driven by the jet stream that sits right overhead.

or at least should sit there, it's been swinging further north and south over the last years due, it is thought to the rising temperatures melting the ice cap.

i think if i was living there, a well insulated house, a good few meters above sea level would be a sound long term investment.

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/arctic-polar-amplification-effect

Better the devil you know, it's boiliing here, constant wind to ruin the surf and no changes on the horizon :-(

no snow , no wind , no rain have counted 2 days of frost ......its going to hit at some stage , but at the moment very mild ....the other night in the car 12c , i walked the dog at 6am the other day with 2 layers on .......8c today .......the bad stuff may come later as it did last year ( march ) ......less colder it is the better ......15c -25c permanently ....if i could have my way ....dont like the winter ....snow on xmas eve and xmas day and that would be it for me

Jake got his wish......................he's finally seen some snow. Blencathra had a light dusting when we headed out this morning but was well covered on our way back.................was nice driving the higher ground but miserable and wet down below. Did the Langdales with lunch in the new dungeon ghyll and a hairy drive to blea tarn and down to Grasmere and Hawks head

Depends.. If you have diseases we don't want them spread up here :eek: :laugh:

Where you going?

touché stace.. I'm off up the lake district?? I think is above birmingham and below scotland and people go hiking there and never come back ( not that i'll be going hiking) I hear they have 6 fingers and a special tooth that grows from their cheek that they use for peeling apples but i'm gonna enjoy myself whatever it takes. I just hope the place isn't packed out with the pak-a-mack brigade!! with there ski poles (yes they walk down the road with ski poles when there is no snow!!)

I'm worried now.. pray for me...

touché stace.. I'm off up the lake district?? I think is above birmingham and below scotland and people go hiking there and never come back ( not that i'll be going hiking) I hear they have 6 fingers and a special tooth that grows from their cheek that they use for peeling apples but i'm gonna enjoy myself whatever it takes. I just hope the place isn't packed out with the pak-a-mack brigade!! with there ski poles (yes they walk down the road with ski poles when there is no snow!!)

I'm worried now.. pray for me...

Good luck to lake district lol.. Enjoy :wubclub:

Pabs, i'm on a peace mission and anyway even if they don't love me what they gonna do? set their ferrets on me?

You'll find it friendly up there,people/strangers actually say hello,a nice change,i love it there meself,fresh and clean,away from the city,depends what yer like,i'd check out things for the kids to do beforehand tho,my nephews were made up just going on the ferry,hiring a boat etc

Pabs, i'm on a peace mission and anyway even if they don't love me what they gonna do? set their ferrets on me?

A mate put a ferret up his trousers once. Another friend walked into the firsts kitchen when he heard a screaming noise. He walked in to see friend A on the floor and his brother ripping his trousers off and what appeared to be a strangling manouver on his "parts"

Turns out that the ferret had gone up and biten on to his balls!

Needless to say that was never repeated!!

A mate put a ferret up his trousers once. Another friend walked into the firsts kitchen when he heard a screaming noise. He walked in to see friend A on the floor and his brother ripping his trousers off and what appeared to be a strangling manouver on his "parts"

Turns out that the ferret had gone up and biten on to his balls!

Needless to say that was never repeated!!

Yeah I can imagine that! I was working with them and they kept trying to jump up and bite the arse of our jeans lol

Archived