Places I didn't get to visit in Australia but wanted to

maidensarah

Places I didn't get to visit in Australia but wanted to:

Uluru

Kakadu National Park

Lichfield National Park

Melbourne

I also wanted to go on the Indian Pacific Highway across the continent. To get a feel for how big it is!

Great Ocean Road

I'm sure there's many others I've forgotten/not thought of

Maybe one day....?

Yep, hopefully a future holiday, when the children are old enough to appreciate/enjoy it

Well I really liked - Uluru - very good sunset when the rock glows (reflected copper and rust does that!)

Kakadu National Park - Not been to but in our plans.

Lichfield National Park - Not been to or really heard of!? Oh the little one by Kakadu - what's here?

Melbourne - good place to live, to visit? Nothing outstanding here? But a nice 'European vibe' (less impressive if you're used to Europe). Day trips around Melbourne we like Philip Island and Domain Chandon!

I also wanted to go on the Indian Pacific Highway across the continent. To get a feel for how big it is! - After a few hours I bet you'd be bored. We have friends who have done this! :)

Great Ocean Road - Less impressive than we thought (after all the hype) but we liked all the animals. If you go make sure you check out 'Tower Hill Reserve' near Port Fairy and Warnambool - great at dusk or dawn to see the animals in the wild!

Coober Pedy always looked good, but a bit out the way. Living underground, underground bars and church, and many opals!

Sounds like you just have to get your kids to really love and want to see koala and roo!

Melbourne is the best city in Australia in my opinion it has it all :)

I love it, if I didnt go anywhere in Australia so long as I went there I would be happy. Defo go next time you are able to.

If I had never been to Sydney, but had been to Melbourne I wouldn't mind.

Well i can let you know lichfield park is lovely but not out of this world .... we live in darwin and went last wkend hubby had been going on n on about it so we packed up the car n kids and off we went 1 1/2 hours later (it says only 1 hr in map ) we arrive at one of the watering holes lovely, and then one of the water falls lovely, but even my hubby felt let down he thought we were going to see amazing things but all you see is bush more bush and then o some more bush lol , dont get me wrong it was beautiful but not at all what they make it out to be ....... just thought i'd let you know :)

Guest The Pom Queen

I love it, if I didnt go anywhere in Australia so long as I went there I would be happy. Defo go next time you are able to.

I thought you had only just arrived in Oz Jack, I'm surprised you have covered every single City in Australia

Guest The Pom Queen
Well i can let you know lichfield park is lovely but not out of this world .... we live in darwin and went last wkend hubby had been going on n on about it so we packed up the car n kids and off we went 1 1/2 hours later (it says only 1 hr in map ) we arrive at one of the watering holes lovely, and then one of the water falls lovely, but even my hubby felt let down he thought we were going to see amazing things but all you see is bush more bush and then o some more bush lol , dont get me wrong it was beautiful but not at all what they make it out to be ....... just thought i'd let you know :)

We found it full of tourists, I prefer to get off the beaten track. The Kimberley is lovely and around Kununurra but it may need to wait until school holidays as it's probably too far to go in a weekend

Not to sound negative but....

I find many places in Australia totally hyped up and when you actually get there to be honest there a bit of a let down, this is especially the case in Western Australia. One very good example of this is the wave rock....total sh*t

melbourne although its very nice, it isnt that amazing, its just more of a normal city compared with say Perth. When looking at it or comparing to a city in another country to be honest its nice but just a bit bland

I do plan on seeing these places myself and hope to be blown over by some of them but up to now nothing is amazing like Rio, London, Ankor wat etc...

Not to sound negative but....

I find many places in Australia totally hyped up and when you actually get there to be honest there a bit of a let down, this is especially the case in Western Australia. One very good example of this is the wave rock....total sh*t

melbourne although its very nice, it isnt that amazing, its just more of a normal city compared with say Perth. When looking at it or comparing to a city in another country to be honest its nice but just a bit bland

I do plan on seeing these places myself and hope to be blown over by some of them but up to now nothing is amazing like Rio, London, Ankor wat etc...

The only thing i thought had loads of hype but wasn't actually that amazing (don't get me wrong i loved it but not as expected) was the Apostles. I thought other parts of the GOR were just as good or better. I can't say the same for anything else though, especially this place....it really is paradise

PB201246.jpg

This is Cape Tribulation

I thought WA was Gorgeous and the same goes for QLD, particularly up here in FNQ

PB201242.jpg

PB201243.jpg

PB201242.jpg

PB201243.jpg

PB201246.jpg

Thought you were there already?

I was working in Darwin a couple of years ago and thought I would take a trip out to Lichfield. I was on my own there at the weekend and started to drive out there. Got about half way and thought did I really want to be walking around a park on my own. Turned around and had a great day back in Darwin, swim and run in the morning and spent the afternoon in the pub watching the Eagles on TV.

Just been working at Oakey and staying in Toowoomba in the week. Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to see Toowoomba, middle of nowhere for me with nothing going for it. Nice restaurant with good food and a decent leisure centre were the highlights.

Went to the Gold Coast at the weekend but unfortunately the storms were spectacular but kept me in the hotel a lot more than I had planned. Like the Gold coast and surfers usually, always plenty to do and see.

I thought you had only just arrived in Oz Jack, I'm surprised you have covered every single City in Australia

I have been to Melbourne three times in 2010, 2012 and 2013

Sydney twice in 2010 and 2012

Adelaide in 2012 and will revsit in 2014

Brisbane in 2012

Cairns in 2012

Canberra in 2012

Only places I haven't done are Darwin and perth :)

Brisbane in 2012

Cairns in 2012

Canberra in 2012

So which do you recommend?

And what did you do in each.

We're wondering about Canberra, just been told it's crap.

Brisbane in 2012

Cairns in 2012

Canberra in 2012

Or Hobart, or Launceston, or Alice Springs, or Mount Isa, or Mildura, or Kalgoorlie, or...

Archived