Short wander near home (North yorkshire, UK)

Wellers and Whitehead

115.jpg

I have no idea if the pics I have attached will show up, never put pics on here, but thought I'd at least try!

As you may or may not know I came back from Sydney about 3months ago after the first time in my life suffering any kind of mental health problem; severe anxiety.

I now try and get out alone and have a wander in an attempt to feel more relaxed and not panic all the time like latterly after two years in Oz.

So now take my camera out and walk round the block and focus on taking pictures rather than thinking about any panic, so my therapy is taking photos.

I forgot how beautiful, well actually I didnt even realise until I left and returned, how beautiful where I live is, the autumn colours are just stunning.

Im going to cook shepards pie, maybe make some Yorkshire puddings, then go out into the National park up the road and take some more pics of the trees and all the autumnal shades of green, brown, red and yellow.

x084.jpg

018.jpg

031.jpg

096.jpg

136.jpg

254.jpg

262.jpg

039.jpg

044.jpg

049.jpg

052.jpg

075.jpg

108.jpg

135.jpg

189.jpg

115.jpg

018.jpg

031.jpg

096.jpg

136.jpg

254.jpg

262.jpg

039.jpg

044.jpg

049.jpg

052.jpg

075.jpg

084.jpg

108.jpg

135.jpg

189.jpg

Looks beautiful Aymie. North Yorshire is a special place for sure.

And well done you for taking control and getting out there...

Im trying to place where the photos were taken....I've def been there for sure..

It will come to me...prob at about 2am knowing me..

You carry on getting stronger....won't be long before OH back with you...

Looks beautiful Aymie. North Yorshire is a special place for sure.

And well done you for taking control and getting out there...

Im trying to place where the photos were taken....I've def been there for sure..

It will come to me...prob at about 2am knowing me..

You carry on getting stronger....won't be long before OH back with you...

Thank you, taking a little longer to get back on my feet than expected but getting there! Its Scarborough!

Thank you, taking a little longer to get back on my feet than expected but getting there! Its Scarborough!

But you will get there i know you will....

love Scarborough....but no, would never have said that.

OH's family have a holiday cottage between Scarborough and Whitby that every year the whole clan would gather...thot it was somewhere nearer Robins Hood Bay...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21804[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21803[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21802[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21798[/ATTACH]

I have no idea if the pics I have attached will show up, never put pics on here, but thought I'd at least try!

As you may or may not know I came back from Sydney about 3months ago after the first time in my life suffering any kind of mental health problem; severe anxiety.

I now try and get out alone and have a wander in an attempt to feel more relaxed and not panic all the time like latterly after two years in Oz.

So now take my camera out and walk round the block and focus on taking pictures rather than thinking about any panic, so my therapy is taking photos.

I forgot how beautiful, well actually I didnt even realise until I left and returned, how beautiful where I live is, the autumn colours are just stunning.

Im going to cook shepards pie, maybe make some Yorkshire puddings, then go out into the National park up the road and take some more pics of the trees and all the autumnal shades of green, brown, red and yellow.

x[ATTACH=CONFIG]21806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21811[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21805[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21810[/ATTACH]

home !.....

Was in Scarborough just over 2 years ago for the racing at Oliver's Mount. Even if you're not into motorbikes, well worth a trip as you can get so close to the racetrack! When we lived in West Yorkshire we would head over to Whitby quite a lot, and I did a couple of geological field trips there with school fossil hunting. Still have some of my ammonites from Runswick Bay.

Was in Scarborough just over 2 years ago for the racing at Oliver's Mount. Even if you're not into motorbikes, well worth a trip as you can get so close to the racetrack! When we lived in West Yorkshire we would head over to Whitby quite a lot, and I did a couple of geological field trips there with school fossil hunting. Still have some of my ammonites from Runswick Bay.

walked round Whitby yesterday..I'm my new wellies..just because I could ha! Not raining just happy to be in wellies!!

My friend/acquaintance just bought stainsare hall Whitby way and did it up to live in...you might have stayed in it on your geological trips as it used to be a youth hostel or something similar?

walked round Whitby yesterday..I'm my new wellies..just because I could ha! Not raining just happy to be in wellies!!

My friend/acquaintance just bought stainsare hall Whitby way and did it up to live in...you might have stayed in it on your geological trips as it used to be a youth hostel or something similar?

We used to do day trips as I was at school in West Yorkshire. Long day but made it cheaper!

We went on longer field trips to the Isle of Arran with school, and then with uni I went to the Lake District, Dorset and the Isle of Rum in the hebrides. Loved all of them but Rum was probably my favourite. But Whitby always has a special place with me as it was probably there that I really got into geology, I even used to go up there with Mum and sis on weekends fossil hunting. I still love going out and trying to find minerals and fossils, much more interesting than what I do day to day!

Lovely photos W&W, the colours are stunning. I miss the crisp Autumn sunshine.

So why not live in the areas of Australia that have 'crisp Autumn sunshine'? I will never understand posts like this....

Thanks everybody...well I don't know what I have let myself in for, but after speaking to my OH in Sydney, struggling to pay the rent etc etc alone, I decided to apply for work in a shop ( not done that for years) to get me back into working, building up my confidence. whilst I was talking to my old place of work manager (social work) she said a few jobs would be coming up soon, but why not make cards and sell them at a craft fair in the town that is on up until Christmas. I immediately got the organisers number and text her before I gave it too much thought and backed out! She has seen some of my photos that I will make into cards and sell...gives me something to focus on and a bit of pocket money. The sooner I get back out there, the quicker I will get better and back into proper work.

so it would appear my first stall is in ten days time...so just got to make the cards now ha!

The organiser wants me at all three craft fairs, and a ' special' one she has lined up. Once I get my sewing machine back from oz and if I enjoy selling my stuff, I can make patch works that I do for friends children to sell...we'll see...

Archived