The Great British Chippy

fifi69

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

Not open until wednesday, just drop by on way from Joondalup. The guy was in there but doing some repairs?

I wanted a leaflet but they had none, forgot to ask do you have to order before you turn up like most chippies here or is it a full fryer lie back in blighty?

Guest Guest66881
Scampi and chips and gravy. Absolutely delicious. Chips were bloody amazing!!!

I knew you was normal really:wink:

I`m toying with it as we have friends that way .....do they do Hollands Puddings steak and kidney ?

Not Hollands but they do homemade steak and kidney puddings. They had run out when I went and have received mixed reviews on their facebook page. As I said in a post earlier, the scampi and chips were amazing. Just like UK.

Not open until wednesday, just drop by on way from Joondalup. The guy was in there but doing some repairs?

I wanted a leaflet but they had none, forgot to ask do you have to order before you turn up like most chippies here or is it a full fryer lie back in blighty?

No pre ordering Paul, just turn up....might take a few weeks for the queues to go down though.

by the time we left on Saturday queue was out the door and virtually round the block....great time for the Aussies to do a drive by...

We went on Saturday, drove all the way from Willetton, queued for what felt like forever, and finally sat down in the car to eat them and was actually truly disgusted.

I ordered 2 large chips, 2 cod and a small chips $50 all up.

When we were handed our food my son asked me if it was all there because there was only one package, I asked the man handing out the food if my order was right as I had also ordered a separate small chips and the girl serving said "yep, there is 2 lrg chips and 1 small chips all in the one bag, plus the fish".:no:

So gets to the car open them up and what we actually had was 2 pieces of cod (admittedly they were big pieces) and about 3 scoops of chips. By the time we had gave the (4) kids theirs, me and hubby ended up with about 10 chips each. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. I even took a picture with a can of pop next to the food to show just how little food there was.:twitcy:

We can go to Freo and get the family pack from Kailis for $28 and get 4 fish and a mountain of chips. And there is normally leftovers.

In all fairness the food was good and the chips were amazing, but I felt majorly ripped off and probably won't make the journey again.

Oh and whatever you do, DON'T ask for your food to be wrapped separately. Whilst I was waiting for my food a few people asked for their food to be wrapped separately and the girl behind the counter started whinging, that it would take too long to wrap the food separately.

All in all

9 out of 10 for taste

6 out of 10 for service (although, this will probably improve once the novelty wears off)

3 out of 10 for customer satisfaction

HEHE sorry for the essay, but I feel better now I had a whinge about it.:biglaugh:

We went on Saturday, drove all the way from Willetton, queued for what felt like forever, and finally sat down in the car to eat them and was actually truly disgusted.

I ordered 2 large chips, 2 cod and a small chips $50 all up.

When we were handed our food my son asked me if it was all there because there was only one package, I asked the man handing out the food if my order was right as I had also ordered a separate small chips and the girl serving said "yep, there is 2 lrg chips and 1 small chips all in the one bag, plus the fish".:no:

So gets to the car open them up and what we actually had was 2 pieces of cod (admittedly they were big pieces) and about 3 scoops of chips. By the time we had gave the (4) kids theirs, me and hubby ended up with about 10 chips each. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. I even took a picture with a can of pop next to the food to show just how little food there was.:twitcy:

We can go to Freo and get the family pack from Kailis for $28 and get 4 fish and a mountain of chips. And there is normally leftovers.

In all fairness the food was good and the chips were amazing, but I felt majorly ripped off and probably won't make the journey again.

Oh and whatever you do, DON'T ask for your food to be wrapped separately. Whilst I was waiting for my food a few people asked for their food to be wrapped separately and the girl behind the counter started whinging, that it would take too long to wrap the food separately.

All in all

9 out of 10 for taste

6 out of 10 for service (although, this will probably improve once the novelty wears off)

3 out of 10 for customer satisfaction

HEHE sorry for the essay, but I feel better now I had a whinge about it.:biglaugh:

Wendy did you try Trinco Star in Willeton ,the Sri Lankan place , some tasty dishes on that menu at good prices too .........

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest66881

Yeah it's still open, as for whingey poms, a lot of the people we stood with in a queue the other week sounded very Aussie to me, portion size if ordering for four or more does tend to get you less per person we have found. Once the chip/cod novelty wears off you will tend to go less we have.

I've been three times now. For us the first time was brill, the 2nd time was ok, the chips def not so good, but they did say they were different potatoes but were going back to the other brand.

3rd time was pretty awful, a joke of a portion, white pudding not cooked. So for me I'm out, wouldn't bother going again. The three times were over quite a few months, so def had enough time to get it all together. I Didnt go doing any slagging on FB, the families removal of custom is enough.

In the meantime I've found my substitute in Freo, not a fish n chip shop, but a restaurant that does gorgeous fish with proper chips, cheaper then the chippy.

I've been three times now. For us the first time was brill, the 2nd time was ok, the chips def not so good, but they did say they were different potatoes but were going back to the other brand.

3rd time was pretty awful, a joke of a portion, white pudding not cooked. So for me I'm out, wouldn't bother going again. The three times were over quite a few months, so def had enough time to get it all together. I Didnt go doing any slagging on FB, the families removal of custom is enough.

In the meantime I've found my substitute in Freo, not a fish n chip shop, but a restaurant that does gorgeous fish with proper chips, cheaper then the chippy.

Which restaurant in Freo do you go to Fifi?

Went past there today...will try it out one evening. The shops at currambine are pretty good tbh wish wed stayed in the suburb. Went to the british bakery in kinross..oh had a cheese and onion pie...son had gingerbread biscuit. Nice pastry. The star of the north butchers is great too in currambine and wanneroo. Pommy paradise up here;)

A lot of recent development taken place in Currambine and still more happening so quite different from a couple of years back when even Woolies couldn't open on a Sunday.

Does anyone have a menu for the GBC? Have looked online but no joy. Willing to give it a try and form my own opinions on quality & portion sizes.

Guest Guest66881
Went past there today...will try it out one evening. The shops at currambine are pretty good tbh wish wed stayed in the suburb. Went to the british bakery in kinross..oh had a cheese and onion pie...son had gingerbread biscuit. Nice pastry. The star of the north butchers is great too in currambine and wanneroo. Pommy paradise up here;)

Bugger i must have just missed you today mate:mad:

A lot of recent development taken place in Currambine and still more happening so quite different from a couple of years back when even Woolies couldn't open on a Sunday.

Does anyone have a menu for the GBC? Have looked online but no joy. Willing to give it a try and form my own opinions on quality & portion sizes.

They have a Facebook page. Their menu is there somewhere.

Archived