Negative outcome vetasses, my options?

Kezzles

Hey all

ive just got back from ielts exam and found vetassess letter waiting for me. My qualification was assessed as below required level. I'm gutted. I don't know why yet and I'm confused as my qualification is post grad level. I heed to call assessor on Monday to see where I failed my employment history was positive but they said I need both to get positive result.

Dont know what to do now as I'm sure I gave enough evidence. Is the dream over? :-(

Guest guest30085

Hi Kezzles

Sorry to hear that. Are you using the CIPD for your assessment? I can only think that even though its assessed as post-grad level here, that it doesn't meet the requirements of the Oz equivalent, which is bachelor degree for HR Advisor, I don't know enough about that route but I'm sure there are others who can advise better x

Thx but not sure what more evidence I can provide. I sent all certificates an email from the body to say it was post grad. I've just looked at Australian HR bachelor degree and my qualification covered same subjects. I'll see what assessor says monday then lodge an appeal.

Hi Kezzles

Sorry to hear that. Are you using the CIPD for your assessment? I can only think that even though its assessed as post-grad level here, that it doesn't meet the requirements of the Oz equivalent, which is bachelor degree for HR Advisor, I don't know enough about that route but I'm sure there are others who can advise better x

Thanks. Yes I was taught by BPP but it's assessed by CIPD. AHRI now have a reciprocal agreement with CIPD so you would think that would help? I don't have a bachelors degree as such but my CIPD took sane amount of time same format and content etc. I haven't found anyone on here who applied with same qualification as me. Few have after me so it will be interesting to see their outcomes. I'll call melbourne on Monday and see why it failed.

So sorry to hear about that Kezzles :(( Don't give up, there is definitely a way out!

maybe you could change your occupation as claudidor was advised, she wrote in this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/185593-190-subclass-visa-path-processing-time-2.html

I also found an excel file with current vetassess timeframe https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ6naPS8hJ8dGgtZHBES2oyOU53YXA5VXdNUEt0WEE&usp=sharing#gid=1

there are a few people with your occupation, maybe you could get an advice from them, they are from expat forum

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/138750-vetassess-skill-assessment-time-254.html

So sorry to hear about that Kezzles :(( Don't give up, there is definitely a way out!

maybe you could change your occupation as claudidor was advised, she wrote in this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/185593-190-subclass-visa-path-processing-time-2.html

I also found an excel file with current vetassess timeframe https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZ6naPS8hJ8dGgtZHBES2oyOU53YXA5VXdNUEt0WEE&usp=sharing#gid=1

there are a few people with your occupation, maybe you could get an advice from them, they are from expat forum

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/138750-vetassess-skill-assessment-time-254.html

Thank you douch for above links. Don't see how I can change my occupation though? I'll see what assessor says first thenaybe contact mara agent? I'm hoping it's because I'm first to apply with a CIPD post grad and they simply don't know so if I can fill in gaps I may have a chance?

Thank you douch for above links. Don't see how I can change my occupation though? I'll see what assessor says first thenaybe contact mara agent? I'm hoping it's because I'm first to apply with a CIPD post grad and they simply don't know so if I can fill in gaps I may have a chance?

Yes I think this is the right approach. You mention you have post grad qualifications but not a degree, this concerns me, I know that for example immigration department will not generally recognise a masters if there is not a first degree there. It could be something along that lines ... I don't know though.

Good luck.

Yes I think this is the right approach. You mention you have post grad qualifications but not a degree, this concerns me, I know that for example immigration department will not generally recognise a masters if there is not a first degree there. It could be something along that lines ... I don't know though.

Good luck.

I suspect that too. It's annoying ESP as my qualification is deemed higher plus it's exoerience that counts at the end of the day not what qualifications you have! But if that's the rule then I'm stuffed!

Bad news. My CIPD degree is post grad and diac and aqs compare that to Aus post grad and not bachelors other CIPD applicantshave failed in past. I'm gutted, I wanted to move to be with my brother and family in Perth and its not meant to be. I'm very sad :-(

I'm sorry to hear about the negative assessment! Perhaps maybe consult an agent and see if you can progress further from this? Or maybe an employer sponsored route? I have no idea what else to advice you... but good luck! Don't let go of that dream!

:(( Sorry to hear Kezzles

Is there any similar occupation that doesnt require Bachelor level? Have the officer said what level your degree is equivavalent to?

Thx no they all require a bachelors. She said mine was compared to Aussie post grad diploma.

She also said if I had any degree they would pass me on work experience! Joke I could have a degree in needlework and they would pass me! Never mind my ten years experience! Took me 3 years to get that HR degree which is highly regarded in the Uk and hard not to get a job at my level without it. Devastated and more sad than I thought I'd be! It's thought of being so far from my brother and missing out on his kids growing up that hurts most

Delicate question, but are you in a position to complete a degree now? Part time perhaps? Are there other courses you can do to convert your current qualification to an OZ level qualification?

Or maybe the sponsorship route but I know very little about that.

Just throwing ideas out there, can you get a temp visa to go short term and try to seek employment to sponsor while out there? I don;t even know if that is legal or even a possibility. Just want to help!

Delicate question, but are you in a position to complete a degree now? Part time perhaps? Are there other courses you can do to convert your current qualification to an OZ level qualification?

Just throwing ideas out there, can you get a temp visa to go short term and try to seek empl

Thoyment to sponsor while out there? I don;t even know if that is legal or even a possibility. Just want to help!

Thanks for caring! I could ask whether possible to convert my degree even if it means extra study. I'll look into it. I've tried to find quickest route for degree but in two years I'll lose age points and won't meet the points criteria . Thanks for thinking of ideas for me!!

Just throwing ideas out there, can you get a temp visa to go short term and try to seek employment to sponsor while out there? I don;t even know if that is legal or even a possibility. Just want to help!

She will not be able to get sponsorship for HR as the employer would have to prove that there are no suitable local candidates to fill the role. There are lots of unemployed HR people in Perth at the moment so it would not fly.

She will not be able to get sponsorship for HR as the employer would have to prove that there are no suitable local candidates to fill the role.

This is not correct. There is no “labour market testing” for a subclass 457 Temporary Working Visa.

This was proposed by the outgoing Labour Government but never introduced.

Enroll online for a bachelor degree, you already have three years of study, so find an Institute which will ask you only to give a few exams and to graduate. You will do it in maximum one year , you`ll see. Good luck :cute:

If you take this advice, please, please, please check that the qualification and institution would be recognised by the Australian authorities. There are degree mills out there that would happily award you a degree on the spot based on your life experience (and a substantial fee) but their qualifications are not accredited and not accepted for migration purposes.

hi kezzle,

sorry to hear about your situation. you may also wanna consider that the experience that they will assess should be post qualification. so would it mean that when you finally get your bachelor's degree, you'll need to work a year more in a relevant industry to be assessed positive? will they consider your ten years worth of experience?

all the best!

If you take this advice, please, please, please check that the qualification and institution would be recognised by the Australian authorities. There are degree mills out there that would happily award you a degree on the spot based on your life experience (and a substantial fee) but their qualifications are not accredited and not accepted for migration purposes.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your encouragement and advice. We have another option my BF can finish his degree in around 13 months by distance learning with a university he then needs to get post degree experience in his job. He works for Aussie wine company in procurement which is now on the list! We are looking at around 2 years before we can apply again this way which in grand scheme is not that long. I'll keep you posted once we decide which way to go! Thx again

Hi,

Interesting that I found you on this thread!! I too just received a negative assessment...utterly gutted.

However, theyre saying my qualification is not at a high enough level but I am certain it is. When i gathered all my info before begining this process I checked my quals would be good enough.

I think theyre just trying to sort the men from the boys...gather more evidence...put more time and money into it and dont give up. Theyll be so sick of me by the time ive finished they will pass me just to get rid!!

I aced my IELTS tho...not that it means bugger all now :(

good luck with the appeal. We're in the same boat. Again.

Hey tobyjugs

was yours for HR advisor too? What qualification have you got? I've written to AQS and they said its vetasses who decide (funny vetassess said AQF said criteria) part of their response said In the AQF a Graduate Diploma is at a higher level than a Bachelor Degree however it is a much shorter qualification and although the learning outcomes are at a higher level, would not be considered to be equivalent to a Bachelor Degree.

I don't think it's worth appealing as the rule stands but I've gone back to AQF to argue this.

Archived