Regarding a credit card with a large transaction limit to pay the visa fee

mcgyver

Hello All,

This credit card issue requiring a large transaction limit in order to pay the visa fee with a single transaction seems to be a bottle-neck for many including me.

Australian immigration rules are straight forward for visa type 189. So, I would not think about filing my application by an authorized lawyer. But since I do not have a credit card with such capability, I have no choice but to pay a lawyer to file my case!

As strange as it may sound, that is like paying him for letting me borrow his credit card only!

Please share how you are going around the credit card problem. Thanks.

-- mcgyver

Edited by mcgyver
spelling

Hi I too had this problem as our visa being a family of five was 6800 and we only had 5000 credit limit. In the end we had to have several meetings with bank manager to agree to allow transaction through. I at the time posted in poms in oz and there were others in the same bother. It is a problem for people now due to visa price increases. Especially larger family sizes.

If you have the money, why not just put it on the credit card before making the transaction? For example, if the balance is 0, and the available credit is 1000, if you put the whole 5000 or whatever on the card, your available balance would be 6000, thus enabling you to make the transaction.

If you have the money, why not just put it on the credit card before making the transaction? For example, if the balance is 0, and the available credit is 1000, if you put the whole 5000 or whatever on the card, your available balance would be 6000, thus enabling you to make the transaction.

AFAIK that would be a credit balance, not a credit increase. Better to just get a prepaid credit card and whack the cash on that.

Gtaylor30 it is my experience Banks will not let you lodge the money and do transaction - which is crazy . I was 2 weeks sitting with the money trying to get a bank to agree to let me spend it!!!

Most of the prepaid credit cards have also a limit under 5000 euro. I could not find one over 5000. In the end our bank manager agreed but we had To submit a lot of documentation to them - almost as much as the visa application. We have had a credit card with thrm fir 5 years and never one missed payment. And we went to the meeting with 7000 cash sayin take it and let us do transaction, even then they weren't pushed...

It is a problem for countries with small Per Capita Income and in my Country this AUD 3060 is considered Money laundering if baseless. I too had this problem, was planning to apply on my BD on 10 June 2013 and did not think that arranging a credit card will be a problem which was and it took me 8 days to find one and make payment after some aggressive debates with the bank to allow transaction.

Edited by Mirwais