criminal record ?

Juliep

Hi we are just completing CPV143 forms do you need to declare points on driving liscense at present and in the past, we don't think its seen as a crime but would rather include it than mess up form, any thoughts ?

These would be considered traffic, rather than crimimnal offences and don't need to be declared.

I think if it was my daughter I would tell her to keep better company

Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

Starting a new life in Australia, is just that, an opportunity to do something different and make something of yourself in a new country.

Everyone deserves a second chance. My partner employed a chap who'd been in prison for 16yrs who turned out to be the most hard working loyal person you could come across because we trusted him & gave him a new start. He admits he was young & silly messed up his life & missed out on so much. He's a rare success of the prison system but just needed a helping hand

Hi we are just completing CPV143 forms do you need to declare points on driving liscense at present and in the past, we don't think its seen as a crime but would rather include it than mess up form, any thoughts ?

You probably don't need to, but as a rule of thumb, if in dount then mention it. These minor things will not lead to a refusal, but failing to declare something you should have declared will cause problems.

• 8 months later...
hi my daughters partner want to come over to oz with us [we have PR] but he as a criminal record handling stolen goods from about 3 years ago plus a driving offence will this stop him getting a visa ?

cheers

juliep

Always best to declare it and from other posters that have similar it hasn't proved a barrier. What visa are they applying for?

Archived