457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, we are really excited, it's like being a kid on Christmas morning all over again :biggrin: I'm guessing by ur timeline you are in Oz already? How is it was the flight ok?

Haha, that's exactly how I felt. Enjoy it! Yeah, landed 10 days ago, loving it so far. Flight was great, but I flew business class so I had plenty of space and a flat bed to sleep on. I've done the flight from London to Perth a few times in economy though and whilst it's tedious and can get a bit uncomfortable, it's not all that bad. It's absolutely worth it when you arrive, at least I've always thought so. Best of luck with getting everything organised - the fun really starts now!

Not long for you either then! Our stuff being shipped with movecube on 25 march, house full of boxes bubble wrap and tape! Thankfully we decluttered in January otherwise it would be a nightmare! It's coming along slowly hoping to get a lot done this weekend but I say goodbye to my parents Saturday (dreading it) they fly to Perth to visit my brother for a month.

Ticked most things off list so getting there. Lost all motivation at work umm funny that ha ha!

keep in touch and celebrate today!!!!

Hi All,

How many people have been sponsored on a 457 before arriving ?

The reason i ask is, I've sent my CV out to a few companies over the last few days.

Had lots of positive response and replies, which really shocked me!

Only thing I think might be a problem is that i'm asking for a sponsorship on a 457, do you think companies still would go for that ?

hi all .. my co told me to wrote a sponsor support letter .. Is their any specific format of this letter, my employer is ready to provide letter but they are not sure what to write and in what format .. help me plz

Really not sure....have not heard of this before

submitted required documents today .. hope will get result soon :):)

Hi All,

I applied for 457 visa on 23 Dec along with my dependent, completed Medicalss on 27 Dec. Till last week there was no progress inside ImmiAccount. Last week suddenly the document list was updated with Received status. Visa application status is still InProgress.

Does anyone know why it took such a long time to get the document status reflected in ImmiAccount? I submitted the documents on 23 Dec itself.

Heard somewhere that if someone has travelled on a US visa before then there would be delays while getting AU visa. Not sure if this is the reason behind this huge delay, close to 10 weeks now.

Any idea/pointers on this will be very helpful. This wait time is very frustrating. :frown:

Hi All,

I applied for 457 visa on 23 Dec along with my dependent, completed Medicalss on 27 Dec. Till last week there was no progress inside ImmiAccount. Last week suddenly the document list was updated with Received status. Visa application status is still InProgress.

Does anyone know why it took such a long time to get the document status reflected in ImmiAccount? I submitted the documents on 23 Dec itself.

Heard somewhere that if someone has travelled on a US visa before then there would be delays while getting AU visa. Not sure if this is the reason behind this huge delay, close to 10 weeks now.

Any idea/pointers on this will be very helpful. This wait time is very frustrating. :frown:

Hi shrish,

I have also applied for 457 on 5th Jan 2014 along with my dependent, For me also it is showing In Progress from last 1.5 month.

This wait time is killing me. God knows, what is going on in Australian Immigration.

One of my friend who applied after me with no dependent got his visa granted on 27th Feb 2014.

For how many years you have applied your 457 visa?

Hi shrish,

I have also applied for 457 on 5th Jan 2014 along with my dependent, For me also it is showing In Progress from last 1.5 month.

This wait time is killing me. God knows, what is going on in Australian Immigration.

One of my friend who applied after me with no dependent got his visa granted on 27th Feb 2014.

For how many years you have applied your 457 visa?

We have applied for 4 years, not sure whats going on? It looks like dependent is the reason behind this delay. Did you try contacting DIBP?

Two to three months, depending on whether you are from a high or low risk country is normal...see the immi website for processing standards. We have also been waiting for over 2 months...but, we are from a high risk country. Where are you from?

Two to three months, depending on whether you are from a high or low risk country is normal...see the immi website for processing standards. We have also been waiting for over 2 months...but, we are from a high risk country. Where are you from?

I am from INDIA.... How about you?