457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Just a newbie follows this thread, I am under 457 Employer sponsored Nomination, Visa and Nomination application were approved on 3 Jun, finished Med check 10 Jun and sent to DIBP on 11, one week passes, awaiting a good news in next week, hopefully!!!

Hello,

been following this thread for quite sometime now ever since we have decided to apply for the visa. Just want to share my timeline. However, it's just a dependent 457 as my girlfriend is already in Sydney.

May 30 - submitted application via MA provided by company

June 2 - CO assigned and requested addtl documents

June 3 - Xray done

June 17 - received visa

To all those who are still waiting, it will come soon. God will provide and goodluck!

Same here pavy. Dont know we will be kept stranded. A friend of mine was telling me that as a result of Security Check thing its taking that long. Fingers crossed

Have you got visa mo mo ? I am still waiting .

Hi Lynsey

If your agent or whoever submitted the application was worth their salt they would have submitted both the nomination and visa application together. Once the nomination is approved the visa application would then generally be granted the same or next day. If they for some reason submitted them separately then it will take longer for your application to be processed.

The current timeframe for being granted a visa on a 'decision ready' application is approx 2-3 weeks. It says 2 months on the immi website, but this is just in case they are severely backlogged.

My nomination and visa application was submitted on Mon 23rd so I'm playing the waiting game at the moment!

I believe it's standard practice for the agent to contact you once they submit the application. For the amount of money you pay for the professional services of the agent, and the relative small number of working hours they need to put an application together, you're quite entitled to keep in reasonable contact with them when you require answers. I would ring them right away to see where you're at with the process, and when you do - request that you be contacted my email when there's relevant activity in the immi account once the application is submitted (case office being assigned etc).

Edited by drewbty
typo

Hello,<br>

<br>

Just a newbie follows this thread, I am under 457 Employer sponsored Nomination, Visa and Nomination application were approved on 3 Jun, finished Med check 10 Jun and sent to DIBP on 11, one week passes, awaiting a good news in next week, hopefully!!!

<br>

<br>Updated: Jun 27 Case officer asked my agent for two information:<br><br>1. Required Work duty reference letter from company. Hopefully, I could ask my HR and my direct manager to help and finish it on Monday next week.<br><br>2. Querying about how my qualification of Business Management from one Australian Education organization could be obtained when I didn't make any trip to Australia? simple answer I attended the Program which has been being organized/conducted in my country.<br>

<br>Very exciting!!!<br><br>Nice weekend to all.

• 2 weeks later...
Woooohoooo!!! Visa finally submitted :) happy days!

Hi Lynsey, my husbands sponsoring company lodged their application for approval on the 30th of June and are holding back for the nomination and application process till they have been approved.....any ideas on this time scale? Finding it very hard to be patient :)

Good luck with your application!

Anna

Hi Lynsey, my husbands sponsoring company lodged their application for approval on the 30th of June and are holding back for the nomination and application process till they have been approved.....any ideas on this time scale? Finding it very hard to be patient :)

Good luck with your application!

Anna

glad I'm not the only impatient one!

Another member told me it was about 2-3weeks but that was before the price increase where they see a rise in applications.

My nomination and visa were put in together so I'm hoping to hear back by the end of the month. You'll be a little longer as yours are being done separately.

its taken months to get to this stage and the last few weeks are the worst part for me!!

good luck to you too! All worth it in the long run :) x

My nomination and visa has been approved. I just checked my emails and saw a mail was sent this morning from my agent. Happy days!!!

Timeline (company was already set up as a business sponsor)

Nomination and 457 app submitted - 20th June

Approved 14th July

3 weeks and 3 days (16 actual business days)

Good luck Mark, Lynsey and the4larkins!!

Congratulations @drewbty!!!

Shouldnt be long behind you!! So exciting!!

Congrats @drewbty, Let hope we all hear soon, my house is sold and I move on the 18th, I hoped I would hear before then so i do not need temp Accom but I may have to wait a little longer.

Looking forward to hearing everyones news, Lyndsay yours was a day before mine so i expect once you hear I should be around that time :)

My nomination and visa has been approved. I just checked my emails and saw a mail was sent this morning from my agent. Happy days!!!

Timeline (company was already set up as a business sponsor)

Nomination and 457 app submitted - 20th June

Approved 14th July

3 weeks and 3 days (16 actual business days)

Good luck Mark, Lynsey and the4larkins!!

That's brilliant news, good luck with the move!! Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon :)