457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

Hi all,

I am also waiting for my 457 Visa approval. I applied for my visa on 20th June. However i was not able to apply for my wife visa at that time as her passport was not ready. So i went ahead and applied for me and my son visa.

Here is my Timeline:

Application lodged on: 20/06/2014 (For me and my son)

Medical completed on: 23/06/2014

Medicals Uploaded on: 01/07/2014

Further information requested: 11/07/2014. (They asked for my wife passport and marriage certificate, which i have provided as my wife passport is ready now)

I haven't heard anything from them till now.... I am getting worried now :sad: as i fear i might lose the job opportunity. Could someone please suggest what should i do.

Thanks,

Gaurav

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy's

My application shows in progress, does that just mean not looked at yet or does anyone have any other staus?

Mine came though in 22 days (inclusive of weekends). My application simply said 'in progress' throughout. I wasn't ever notified of a case officer and wasn't asked for additional evidence. All pretty efficient really, although I started to get concerned after reading on here that my first notification would be a case officer assigned...not in my case!

Very useful forums rums though to help gauge how long it might take, despite every case being different.

good luck all. Hope they come through soon!

Yes the company nomination was approved quickly, I submitted my complete application and payment about a week later. They took the payment immediately and then I played the waiting game. I heard so many conflicting stories about how long people we're waiting so I was getting nervous, but in fact my experience was good. Hopefully it wasn't just luck, and I truly hope you guys get your approval soon. I waited until I had the notification before I booked my flight, crikey, they are expensive last minute! I should reimbursed later by my employer thank goodness!

Thanks Moonshine, Myself and Lyndsay have been waiting about that time so i hope we hear soon, I was told my companies nomination was approved very quick so hears hoping :)

My employers sponsorship was approved today. Next step the nomination and then my visa :) made my weekend that little bit of news!

My employers sponsorship was approved today. Next step the nomination and then my visa :) made my weekend that little bit of news!

That's brilliant news! We had an email from my O/H company saying more info has been requested, hopefully with your good news ours should be around the corner :)

Hey Guys

I asked my agent for my specific dates and it seems my application and nomination went in together, Below are the current dates

Date nomination applied 3 July 2014 · Date Visa Application Applied 3 July 2014

Date nomination Approved 23 July 2014

I hope the Visa Application is soon but I have 5 dependant Children and 1 is over 18 so that may delay it a little.

Visa approved today!!! After months of work it has all been approved in two days!! There is no way anybody is going to wipe this smile from my face today!!

good luck to everyone still waiting!! Not long now :)

Awesome news!! - I hope that I am only a few days behind you, but I noticed my agent is on leave now so if he gets a mail im not sure I will see it, Did you notice if the online system updated ?

That's brilliant news Lynsey big congrats

@Mark McPake - yes unlike Lynseys and mine, this is not a straightforward case to approve the visa once the nomination is approved - Child dependents have to be wholly or substantially reliant on you for financial support for their basic needs, which is fine for the 4 younger ones.

In addition, for dependents 18 years or over you must show that they have been reliant on you for a substantial period and that they are more reliant on you than on any other person or source. A person may also be considered dependent on you if they rely on you for financial support because of a disability.

I hope and assume your agent went through this with you and you uploaded some sort of evidence in your application, such as evidence of no job, living at your address etc.

That's brilliant news Lynsey big congrats

@Mark McPake - yes unlike Lynseys and mine, this is not a straightforward case to approve the visa once the nomination is approved - Child dependents have to be wholly or substantially reliant on you for financial support for their basic needs, which is fine for the 4 younger ones.

In addition, for dependents 18 years or over you must show that they have been reliant on you for a substantial period and that they are more reliant on you than on any other person or source. A person may also be considered dependent on you if they rely on you for financial support because of a disability.

I hope and assume your agent went through this with you and you uploaded some sort of evidence in your application, such as evidence of no job, living at your address etc.

Yeah they spent the entire month of June prepairing, they uploaded a lot of different things to prove she is dependant and in education, they said their internal review suggested that it is decission ready and should be more than enough to satisfy them, I just wish I would know one way or another as its been 5 days since the nomination was approved

Mark