457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My employer sent off my 457 nomination a couple of days ago, so fingers crossed we will hear back quickly so I can get my end of the application moving.

One question though. I will need a reference for my application, however the company I worked for no longer exists and I've been self employed since February. Am I able to do some form of self reference?

Can't wait to get our application lodged!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There

I am currently working in Singapore, my Company HQ in Melbourne. They accepted me to sponsor my self. Can Anyone tell me what is the possibility of getting my visa sucess?

Thanks

Ajan

Sponsorship,nomination and visa application lodged on 14th march, sponsorship was approved after 3weeks from the date we lodged in. Since then haven't heard any word from my ma she said no CO yet.

started to worry

anybody else have the same situation ?

I am waiting for ny 457 visa from last 11months .

457 visa lodged ....28/6/13

Case officer assigned on 20/12/13

Still waiting ...

Now I am on to my second case officer ...since 20/1/14

Still hoping for visa ...

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck guys . Hope you all get visa very soon .

I am waiting for my visa from 28/6/13 .

GOD bless you all . Take care.

This is my last post here . Because I realize no one EVEN looked my post . I think because I am waiting from 1 year .

I think I am not a part of this conversation anymore . Thanks

Edited by pavy

Good luck guys . Hope you all get visa very soon .

I am waiting for my visa from 28/6/13 .

GOD bless you all . Take care.

This is my last post here . Because I realize no one EVEN looked my post . I think because I am waiting from 1 year .

I think I am not a part of this conversation anyone . Thanks

Hi Pavy,

I'm really sorry that you've been waiting for a long time.

May I ask if a case officer has been assigned to your application?

Pavy probably won't see this as their last post has been made, however if you have been waiting since 28th June 2013, then something must be wrong somewhere. Rules have changed since then, 457's are not so easy to come by (not that they ever were)

You must have grounds for appeal, even if its to get your money back?

Good luck to you

Hi guys,

A case officer has been assigned to my visa application on May 20th, haven't heard anything from them since then.

Has anybody been granted 457 visa recently?

Please keep us informed!

All the best

We had our case officer allocated on 28th May and the visa was approved the same day.

Our nominating employer was hassling them constantly, maybe that made a difference?

Hope yours comes through soon.

I think Pavy has had two case officers so far by the way.

We were very lucky, our MA submitted our application on 7th April and it was Granted on 24th April (My Birthday) so I'm claiming that was our good luck charm :wink:

My Partner has 457 and I am on it as a partner. We seemed to need bare minimum supporting documentation: Proof of De Facto relationship, Passports, Birth Certificate, Health Insurance for our arrival but also no medicals etc like some people have to endure.

Also, his sporsoring company allocated a MA, have been very helpful and quick and want my partner over there asap to start so that may have something to do with it?

I know you can track progress on the website if you submit it yourself but otherwise maybe hounding your sponsor and/oe MA is the only other way.

Best of luck everyone!

The problem with comparing times/processes is every applicant and application is different. Applicant A may tick a certain box and suddenly need to submit more documentation or wait longer, Applicant B may be in a high-demand occupation, Applicant C may have supplied everything required, Applicant D may not have....On and on.

The number one reason for a delay is not supplying the correct documentation to meet the regulatory requirements for your or your company's specific circumstance, and for a 457 visa that delay could be at the SBS, nomination or application stage (maybe all 3).

We had our case officer allocated on 28th May and the visa was approved the same day.

Our nominating employer was hassling them constantly, maybe that made a difference?

Hope yours comes through soon.

I think Pavy has had two case officers so far by the way.

Thanks for reply blue

Actually my second case officer request me to provide completion letter of my diploma from my college on 20 January 2014 .

I provided same day .

Then he requested my ALL paperwork used to get diploma . My MIGRATION argument with case officer that case officer doesn't has power to assess qualifications information from college .

Migration agent said he lodged 2300 application 457 so far he never seen request like this .

Ma . Request case officer to provide him laws that case OFFICER can assess this information .

He didn't get reply 29 days past . Then my MA request case officer manager about legal purpose of case officer request .

Manager replied after 24 days . That case officer can clarify . Be she didn't say that he has power to assess qualifications information from college . Clarify about diploma is completion letter that's all . She also support case officer . After past 3 months in this argument . Case officer never replied related to this topic .

I was worried . I force my MA to send my all paperwork to case officer . My MA was not agree with me but I am his client as a law he has to listen me . Then finally MA sent 384 pages of my assignments to case officer .

We got quickly reply with in 30 minutes .

Case officer said I. Email we have to be patience this application is going under routine processing (20 March 2014)

It's amazing guys . Some applications tooks 1week for routine processing . Mine taking about 12 months and still under processing

Edited by pavy

Thanks for reply blue

Actually my second case officer request me to provide completion letter of my diploma from my college on 20 January 2014 .

I provided same day .

Then he requested my ALL paperwork used to get diploma . My MIGRATION argument with case officer that case officer doesn't has power to assess qualifications information from college .

Migration agent said he lodged 23000 application 457 so far he never seen request like this .

Ma . Request case officer to provide him laws that case OFFICER can assess this information .

He didn't get reply 29 days past . Then my MA request case officer manager about legal purpose of case officer request .

Manager replied after 24 days . That case officer can clarify . Be she didn't say that he has power to assess qualifications information from college . Clarify about diploma is completion letter that's all . She also support case officer . After past 3 months in this argument . Case officer never replied related to this topic .

I was worried . I force my MA to send my all paperwork to case officer . My MA was not agree with me but I am his client as a law he has to listen me . Then finally MA sent 384 pages of my assignments to case officer .

We got quickly reply with in 30 minutes .

Case officer said I. Email we have to be patience this application is going under routine processing (20 March 2014)

It's amazing guys . Some applications tooks 1week for routine processing . Mine taking about 12 months and still under processing

You've been delayed for 12 months because of this? Is your MA registered? Because this isn't a big issue and if he has lodged anywhere near 23,000 cases previously he would be lying on a beach somewhere in Bali with a cocktail and a wad of cash.

You can show the case officer the equivalence of your diploma through AEI-NOOSR if necessary. Under policy the case officer is instructed that they can even request a skills assessment if they're not satisfied you meet the skill requirement, would you meet the skills assessing authority criteria for you occupation? Sometimes case officer make unusual and needless requests and while it can often be successfully argued that it's not required (applications should be assessed according to regulations, policy is a guide) it's often quicker to just do as asked. If you do argue you directly show them why it's not a legal requirement, you don't ask them to prove it to you!

You've been delayed for 12 months because of this? Is your MA registered? Because this isn't a big issue and if he has lodged anywhere near 23,000 cases previously he would be lying on a beach somewhere in Bali with a cocktail and a wad of cash.

You can show the case officer the equivalence of your diploma through AEI-NOOSR if necessary. Under policy the case officer is instructed that they can even request a skills assessment if they're not satisfied you meet the skill requirement, would you meet the skills assessing authority criteria for you occupation? Sometimes case officer make unusual and needless requests and while it can often be successfully argued that it's not required (applications should be assessed according to regulations, policy is a guide) it's often quicker to just do as asked. If you do argue you directly show them why it's not a legal requirement, you don't ask them to prove it to you!

Thanks for reply sir

My MIGRATION AGENT is registered . I am not professional like you guys . I don't know who is right and Who is wrong .

I have completed RPL diploma of procedure of horticulture from Regesterd college in Australia . My skill level is 2 . I must have diploma to meet skills requirements .

A friend of mine has same position same diploma from same college . He got his visa with in 6 weeks .

Then why I am waiting from 12 months ? My application is 100% genuine . Why it's still happening with me .

What is your opinion ? Will they grant visa or not ?

If you have an Aus qualification that's even more confusing.

This isn't advice, just my opinion - It sounds to me like the CO is taking issue with the credit/exemptions received when you obtained your diploma through the RPL process. Quite frankly they should not be looking at it in that much depth so I do not know what's triggered that reaction. If you've supplied your Aus certificate and diploma as well as the cert and diploma for the qualification that gained you exemptions I don't see what else they could want. If they're worried about the authenticity of the documents they could request originals and investigate, if they're concerned you don't meet the skill level they could just request you take a skills assessment....Either way they need to be pushed into doing something or clarifying exactly what their concern is.

12 months is ridiculous. If it were my application I would now be forcing the issue, listing every single regulation and demonstrating convincingly how I meet it. Push a decision and escalate it until one is made.

Nobody can ever tell 100% what their decision will be, but if you're adamant all the criteria is met and they do refuse it then MRT is the next step. A very large number of decisions get over-turned by the MRT because they focus on the regulations whereas some case officers (wrongly) get driven by policy.

hi sir

Please see below email from case officer about skill ......

Thank you for your email.

I note that the letter from xxxxxxx states that assessment was based on written work, observations of practical tasks and confirmation from third parties.

I require further clarification regarding the third parties. If your client has been awarded any transfer of credit or recognition of prior learning (RPL), you must also provide evidence of the basis for this credit or RPL,* including detailed advice from the client’s Australian education provider. If the credit transfer/RPL is on the basis of offshore study, please provide transcripts which clearly show the subjects which you have gained credit for in your Australian course. If the credit transfer/RPL is on the basis of work experience, please provide details of this experience, including dates and supporting evidence.

If you have an Aus qualification that's even more confusing.

This isn't advice, just my opinion - It sounds to me like the CO is taking issue with the credit/exemptions received when you obtained your diploma through the RPL process. Quite frankly they should not be looking at it in that much depth so I do not know what's triggered that reaction. If you've supplied your Aus certificate and diploma as well as the cert and diploma for the qualification that gained you exemptions I don't see what else they could want. If they're worried about the authenticity of the documents they could request originals and investigate, if they're concerned you don't meet the skill level they could just request you take a skills assessment....Either way they need to be pushed into doing something or clarifying exactly what their concern is.

12 months is ridiculous. If it were my application I would now be forcing the issue, listing every single regulation and demonstrating convincingly how I meet it. Push a decision and escalate it until one is made.

Nobody can ever tell 100% what their decision will be, but if you're adamant all the criteria is met and they do refuse it then MRT is the next step. A very large number of decisions get over-turned by the MRT because they focus on the regulations whereas some case officers (wrongly) get driven by policy.

Hi sir

Thanks for reply and help .

Please see below email from case officer . He send this email after that I submitted completion letter from college of my RPL diploma ,includes college contact details college RTO NUMBER Everything .

But he still request below ...

Edited by pavy

This reads like a case officer personal vendetta where they are trying everything they can to block the application. I reckon you need to formally complain.

Thanks very much sir

I have lodged new nomination on 27 May 2014 . Because mine previous nomination was going to expired on 30 May 2014 .

Now I have to wait until my nomination approval .

Case officer was aware that my nomination would be expire . He should finalize the application before 30 May 2014 .

I don't know why my case officer has problems with me .

I am thinking case officer wants to make us more wait . Because my MIGRATION AGENT ask him legal basis of his request about my diploma and he could not give answer .

Please advise me sir . What I should do ?

Where I can lodge complaint ?

I really don't trust on DIBP anymore . I don't think do they will listen us .

My MIGRATION AGENT send email to 457 policy section on 7 April 2014 about case officer and regarding his request . But we didn't get any reply .

I don't know why they ignoring us ? If they are correct they should reply and told us straight way that we are incorrect or they are correct .

This reads like a case officer personal vendetta where they are trying everything they can to block the application. I reckon you need to formally complain.

Hi sir

I have question .

As you know my nomination was expired on 30 May 2014 .

Should case officer sent an e-mail to my MA and inform thar my nomination is expired ?

I my case it's already 10 days past since my previous nomination expired . But we have not get any reply from case officer yet .

Regards

Pavy