457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

I am from INDIA.... How about you?

I am also from India. Sent an email to Sydney immigration center thru the AU immigration Contact US form... Yet to receive any reply.. :(

Any update on your visa Shakti? What is the status inside ImmiAccount? For me there was no movement till 26 Feb.. On 26/28 Feb the document list was updated with Received status..

Not sure what's going to happen

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also from India. Sent an email to Sydney immigration center thru the AU immigration Contact US form... Yet to receive any reply.. :(

Any update on your visa Shakti? What is the status inside ImmiAccount? For me there was no movement till 26 Feb.. On 26/28 Feb the document list was updated with Received status..

Not sure what's going to happen

No buddy :no:... Mine status is same as you from last 1 month . If you get any reply please do inform me. Hope for best buddy.:biggrin:

No buddy :no:... Mine status is same as you from last 1 month . If you get any reply please do inform me. Hope for best buddy.:biggrin:

What is the status of your documents inside ImmiAccount? I filled for the Visa on 23 Dec and document list inside ImmiAccount was updated with Received status only on 26/28 Feb. Any idea what could be the reason behind this 2 month delay in the document status? May be visa team from my company forgot to upload the documents in Dec??

What is the status and date of your documents inside ImmiAccount??

Hello everyone,

I had been on a 457 visa for a year or so until my employer started having financial issues and started downsizing. So I was laid off but luckily I managed to find another Melbournian sponsor and since they're a rather large company, they were already an approved business, so their HR directly lodged a nomination. Now, I cannot commence work until the nomination is approved, but it has been almost 3 weeks and still no word from immigration!

I think the rule that sacked visa holders cannot work for another company until the new nomination is approved is pretty bad since someone like me has to sit around and be not allowed to work and have no income for an unknown amount of time. I hope they improve it for future visa holders.

Anyhow... has anyone seen any progress in their application lately? My new company has applied online and I cannot see the progress as it's under their ImmiAccount, but I was told we still don't have a case officer allocated.

P.s. my previous nomination took 12 days to be approved.

I had gone through exactly the same situation. It was indeed very frustrating.

My case took exactly 5.5 months. The reasons, after I finally had got my visa and had a much better and clearer mind to think about them, were 1-I didn't have enough "luck" and 2-not good luck again. :what:

My application came into the system after the highest peak of all time, last June... And it was with the busiest processing center, Melbourne... And then my employer's sponsorship status expired before I was allocated a CO... So, processing time was doubled, mostly because the sponsorship renew application came in after the visa and nomination so everything was put on hold waiting for it...

Anyway, you'll find it's worth at the end. Good luck guys!

I am still waiting for visa from 28 June 2013

Edited by pavy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i have got my 457 visa and would like to ask to who have gotten PR on 457 visa or if anybody know that what sort of documents need when applying for PR after completing 2years on 457. Also per annual income need to be same as per in the contract.

reply will be appericated .:biglaugh:

Hi all..

I m also under process of 457 visa. .

I applied on 3rd march through lawyer.

Only he submited sponsor application only.

rest of application is still pending. I don't know why he didn't lodge all applications at same time.

I m waiting for sponsor approval. Every day my lawyer says tomorrow will get approve. .

let me know if anyone us experiencing same...

please share.

We have been struggling since December...hopefully our visa will come through soon! We have sold our house and need to be out by the 29th of April!

TitleJunior MemberJoin DateFeb 2014Posts16Liked0 timesRepSeriously dear... its a really big issue for u..hope you get soon.best of luck- See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/195000-457-visa-processing-time-august-2013-a-62.html#post1936484589

Hi guys,

Just looking for peoples opion on my visa situation, i have taken job in brisbane with a big company who use a large immi company in Australia.

I am currently in the UK waiting for the 457 visa to be granted, about 2 weeks ago the agent came back said immigration had requested my partner does a chest X-ray, we did this about 2-3 days later and the hospital advised us the system would be updated that night for Immigration in OZ

.................in OZ to check. Does anyone know how long i should be expected to wait for it to hopefully be granted after the x-ray?

Also is there anyway we can track the progress online? We haven't been given any form of reference number or anything from the agent?

Job is as a head chef, visa has been lodged for just over 4 weeks. I am english, so not high risk or anything.

Any help would be great, cheers!

.................in OZ to check. Does anyone know how long i should be expected to wait for it to hopefully be granted after the x-ray?

Also is there anyway we can track the progress online? We haven't been given any form of reference number or anything from the agent?

Job is as a head chef, visa has been lodged for just over 4 weeks. I am english, so not high risk or anything.

Any help would be great, cheers!

cannot say how much time will take for desicion but normally its about week time. .

Please do take any refrence id or trn number from your agent. You should have details of your case ....

Same thing happen with me. Agent is not providing any proof that case is lodged . Though I am insisting him to give me some details but he said have to wait for couple days ..

Cheers...

Edited by Kkkk