457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

I do have another concern with my application though, would incomplete details on your work history affect your chances of getting granted at all? I missed adding my recent hospital experience on my application and I think that experience was, in fact, one of the reasons why I got the job offer. I am also quite certain that my employer has had my qualifications turned in for my sponsorship/nomination so I guess this could be a problem. I had never mentioned it upon lodging my application and if I do attach a copy of my recent employment certificate, this would just complicate everything,wouldn't it? Should I just wait until an allocated CO would come in contact or what should be a better way for me to do it?Please…I need helppp

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have another concern with my application though, would incomplete details on your work history affect your chances of getting granted at all? I missed adding my recent hospital experience on my application and I think that experience was, in fact, one of the reasons why I got the job offer. I am also quite certain that my employer has had my qualifications turned in for my sponsorship/nomination so I guess this could be a problem. I had never mentioned it upon lodging my application and if I do attach a copy of my recent employment certificate, this would just complicate everything,wouldn't it? Should I just wait until an allocated CO would come in contact or what should be a better way for me to do it?Please…I need helppp

Hey if I was you and if you can I would send it now rather than wait for the CO who may not ask for it and make a decsion based on what you have sent. We have a similar dilemma today our MA emailed us asking for more proof of our de facto (lived together 7 years!!!) plus we only sent in a brief CV and NO employment references to back up skills required on the ANZCO description. THe MA said not to bother with this as the CO will request if needed but I dont want to rish the CO reading the evidence and thinking its not enough and failing us and as Im a control freak Ive asked my BF to get references from his work today and we have updated his CV so its more task orientated than results/acheivements. i think more evidence we have the better.

They are lodging the nomination and 457 employee bit on Monday. (ER already SBS)

I'm sorry to hear about that, I hope you'll get your references all sorted and ready for submission. Anyone else had a similar problem? I just uploaded some of the more updated documents in my account and well, there's the whole process of waiting again:no::no::no:

Had confirmation my medical results were uploaded today after having the medical on Tuesday last week (word of warning - the clinic I went to told me it takes around 7 days for them to review and upload your medicals, not sure if that's the case everywhere but I was not expecting to lose almost another week waiting for them to upload the results!) and I managed to get my TRN from my MA this morning, so I can now develop an unhealthy obsession with the immigration website. :)

Really hoping I get my visa approved this week as I'm meant to be on a plane in just over 3 weeks and it would be really good to not have my life and plans on hold waiting for the visa...

Will let you know!! :-D

Had confirmation my medical results were uploaded today after having the medical on Tuesday last week (word of warning - the clinic I went to told me it takes around 7 days for them to review and upload your medicals, not sure if that's the case everywhere but I was not expecting to lose almost another week waiting for them to upload the results!) and I managed to get my TRN from my MA this morning, so I can now develop an unhealthy obsession with the immigration website. :)

Really hoping I get my visa approved this week as I'm meant to be on a plane in just over 3 weeks and it would be really good to not have my life and plans on hold waiting for the visa...

Will let you know!! :-D

That's fantastic, we complete my sons medical 6 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. I spoke to the medical centre we used and they said that all they can see is that the details were sent and received but nothing else??!!

Good luck with everything

I woke up today with some good news, we now have a case officer and my sons medical information has been cleared. They have requested some further information from the company as they needed to complete a new business application at the same time, I am hopeful though that there is light at the end of the tunnel

I woke up today with some good news, we now have a case officer and my sons medical information has been cleared. They have requested some further information from the company as they needed to complete a new business application at the same time, I am hopeful though that there is light at the end of the tunnel

That's great news, so good to see things are moving in the right direction. :-) Hopefully things will go quickly now. The waiting game is painful, I know it's only been a week since my medical but it feels like an age!!

Best of luck, and thanks for the update! :-)

Once you lodged your visa application, you will be asked to sign the health declaration form. There's a memo/notice written below the 'Next steps' tab in your immiaccount requiring you to undergo health examinations should you need one.

Once you lodged your visa application, you will be asked to sign the health declaration form. There's a memo/notice written below the 'Next steps' tab in your immiaccount requiring you to undergo health examinations should you need one.

I see, are 457 was arranged and paper worked gathered by a MA in Oz then lodged on 23/12/13, nom app on 14/1/13, don't think we need a medical then, she did say we prob won't need them. So once the CO has been allocated how long till they normally give an answer? If they have all the paper work?

I see, are 457 was arranged and paper worked gathered by a MA in Oz then lodged on 23/12/13, nom app on 14/1/13, don't think we need a medical then, she did say we prob won't need them. So once the CO has been allocated how long till they normally give an answer? If they have all the paper work?

Hey Pinkypiglet

I was asked to do a medical for my 457 due to a pre-existing condition (otherwise I wouldn't have needed one). The request for that came through the same day as the nomination approval so I would think if you haven't been asked for one by now you won't need one.

Based on the recent visa grants recently, it takes between 4 and 6 weeks but it could stretch out to 90 days. As for my case, it's been nearly a month since I lodged my visa,been 13 days since I got my nomination approved and never heard anything from them at all….

Back to waking at 3/4am checking emails with my fingers crossed I have one :mask: Life on hold till then....... I say this then when we get an answer it will be panic stations to organise everything lol :chatterbox:

Just be careful checking email at that time - I stupidly managed to drop my iPad in my half-asleep daze checking my immi account this morning and shattered the screen!!! Devastated. Needless to say I could do without that right now!!:mad:

It sucks having to put our lives on hold, and the constant "so when are you going?" from friends is so frustrating when you can't give them an answer, but it will be worth it in the end. Best of luck!!

Just be careful checking email at that time - I stupidly managed to drop my iPad in my half-asleep daze checking my immi account this morning and shattered the screen!!! Devastated. Needless to say I could do without that right now!!:mad:

It sucks having to put our lives on hold, and the constant "so when are you going?" from friends is so frustrating when you can't give them an answer, but it will be worth it in the end. Best of luck!!

I had gone through exactly the same situation. It was indeed very frustrating.

My case took exactly 5.5 months. The reasons, after I finally had got my visa and had a much better and clearer mind to think about them, were 1-I didn't have enough "luck" and 2-not good luck again. :what:

My application came into the system after the highest peak of all time, last June... And it was with the busiest processing center, Melbourne... And then my employer's sponsorship status expired before I was allocated a CO... So, processing time was doubled, mostly because the sponsorship renew application came in after the visa and nomination so everything was put on hold waiting for it...

Anyway, you'll find it's worth at the end. Good luck guys!

Hello,

OMG ouch no not an extra cost needed :confused: had the nomination letter through today from my OH new employer it said nomination was approved on 07/01/14 not 14/01/14 as I had been told, don't know if that's good or bad as now it's been an extra week we been waiting, MA said there is a back log as CO have been away on their summer breaks but next week onwards they sould be processing the back log. She probably is just trying to make me feel better lol!

We we have only told close family and no one else as we don't know what the outcome could be plus being asked every 5 min would do my nut in :mad: Best of luck to you too :yes:

We have a MA in Oz who did our visa so I don't have an immi account, today we got a copy of the nomination letter that was sent to my OH new employer and it has a nomination ID & nomination TRN am I able to track online our visa ( major OCD I know) or could this cause problems? TIA :cute:

Sort of wished I'd only told family as that's all I get asked too from friends and colleagues but I could control my mouth and excitement!

Rubbish about your I pad Amy will home insurance cover it?

Pinky where you moving to?

We can't relax until we know nomination has been accepted its torture! All seems a bit surreal at moment too!

Archived