457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

Hello, we have applied for a 457 visa through the company ( who are already approved) my partner will be working for so everything has been done through an agent, ours got logged on 23/12/13 and we have heard nothing as of yet, I wake up each morning and go straight for my emails to see if there is any news :err: We got told it could take upto 2-3 months. I try not to get too excited incase it all falls through. We have not heard anything about medicals does everyone have to have one?

Hi

We are in almost exactly the same situation as you as my son needed to have a medical as he was in hospital recently with SVT. We have had the all clear from great Ormond street and submitted everything on the 30th November. I chased this with our solicitor and they said once we are allocated a CO then the medical results will be visible to them and us. We were given a timescale of 4 - 8 weeks so are almost half way but the longer it goes on the more concerned I am getting.

My provisional start date was yesterday but luckily the company are relaxed about it

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi

We are in almost exactly the same situation as you as my son needed to have a medical as he was in hospital recently with SVT. We have had the all clear from great Ormond street and submitted everything on the 30th November. I chased this with our solicitor and they said once we are allocated a CO then the medical results will be visible to them and us. We were given a timescale of 4 - 8 weeks so are almost half way but the longer it goes on the more concerned I am getting.

My provisional start date was yesterday but luckily the company are relaxed about it

Hello,

i emailed the agent who lodged everything in Aus to see if we have been allocated a CO yet. We were hoping to be out their for the new school term but don't think we will now.

Where are people going in Aus? We are looking at Robina & Varsity Lakes as OH will be working between Brisbane & Gold Coast.

hey guys. we have applied for a 457 visa also. my husband got a job offer from a wa company in November then after gathering paperwork siging contracts etc we got a agent to submit our visa application. it was submitted by our agent on the 5th dec received by the imm department on dec 6th. my husband and son were required to have medicals on 16th dec (they both have a minor heart condition) I was not requested to have any medical. their medicals wer completed 23rd dec and were now still waiting and waiting !!! we don't have the immi account so cant check our status online. our agent said 4-6 weeks wait plus time for xmas holidays so its a email check daily

hey guys. we have applied for a 457 visa also. my husband got a job offer from a wa company in November then after gathering paperwork siging contracts etc we got a agent to submit our visa application. it was submitted by our agent on the 5th dec received by the imm department on dec 6th. my husband and son were required to have medicals on 16th dec (they both have a minor heart condition) I was not requested to have any medical. their medicals wer completed 23rd dec and were now still waiting and waiting !!! we don't have the immi account so cant check our status online. our agent said 4-6 weeks wait plus time for xmas holidays so its a email check daily

Snap on the not having a immi account to look at, but we are in good contact with a great agent so she regularly updates us. I'm the same each morning get butterflies when checking emails lol :laugh: Have you been allocated a CO yet?

Hello,

i emailed the agent who lodged everything in Aus to see if we have been allocated a CO yet. We were hoping to be out their for the new school term but don't think we will now.

Where are people going in Aus? We are looking at Robina & Varsity Lakes as OH will be working between Brisbane & Gold Coast.

Hi

We are moving (hopefully) to Sydney for the new adventure. Originally I was going to the Gold Coast but the other job came up and it's in the head office so a much better opportunity. I must admit the Gold Coast looks fantastic and some of the properties are fantastic for 800 dollars a week. You will love it

Hi

We are moving (hopefully) to Sydney for the new adventure. Originally I was going to the Gold Coast but the other job came up and it's in the head office so a much better opportunity. I must admit the Gold Coast looks fantastic and some of the properties are fantastic for 800 dollars a week. You will love it

When did you apply for your visa? Yeah the weekly cost is big but like you it's a new adventure for the family and an opportunity we would love :cute:

When did you apply for your visa? Yeah the weekly cost is big but like you it's a new adventure for the family and an opportunity we would love :cute:

We sent all of the paperwork early November but the company I am working for needed to reapply to become a sponsor so everything was sorted on the 19th Dec

The medical stuff was submitted on the 30th Nov and I thought we would know by now

Hi Gareth,

Looks like we're in a similar situation - my company got sponsorship approval on 12th December, nomination approved on 8th Jan and I was requested to go for a medical at that point. I had my medical yesterday afternoon so now it's just a case of waiting for the results to be submitted and getting a CO to look at them. I also don't have the tracking number from my agent to be able to check online - it's annoying but it is probably saving me from sitting up all night clicking "refresh" to see if anything's happening! My application is being processed in Melbourne so may be slightly different on timescales, but I'll provide an update as and when I hear anything.

Good luck, sure your visa will be with you soon!

Hi Gareth,

Looks like we're in a similar situation - my company got sponsorship approval on 12th December, nomination approved on 8th Jan and I was requested to go for a medical at that point. I had my medical yesterday afternoon so now it's just a case of waiting for the results to be submitted and getting a CO to look at them. I also don't have the tracking number from my agent to be able to check online - it's annoying but it is probably saving me from sitting up all night clicking "refresh" to see if anything's happening! My application is being processed in Melbourne so may be slightly different on timescales, but I'll provide an update as and when I hear anything.

Good luck, sure your visa will be with you soon!

I hope your visa is granted soon!

Omg - have they been in contact and said why it's been so long?

I am also facing similar situation. I applied on 25th Aug. Sponsorship and Nomination has been approved a month n a half ago but no news since then. Fingers crossed

our MA got in touch yesterday-finally! We've sent back all our forms with a huge list of questions as we dont even know at this point if the nomination was accepted or even been lodged! hoping to hear back tomorrow but with the time difference (Melbs) its a pain! They are all probably finishing early due to the heat out there!

our MA got in touch yesterday-finally! We've sent back all our forms with a huge list of questions as we dont even know at this point if the nomination was accepted or even been lodged! hoping to hear back tomorrow but with the time difference (Melbs) its a pain! They are all probably finishing early due to the heat out there!

Glad to hear you've got something from them at last! Hopefully they'll come back with lots of positive answers to your questions. See if you can get hold of your tracking number so you can track your application without having to wait for them to wake up. Alternatively, do what I've done and develop a worrying habit of waking up somewhere between 3 and 4am every day and checking your email...not recommended though! Spoke to my new boss in Melbs yesterday and he said they're staying in the office later because the air con's better than at home - let's hope immigration have good ac! :-)

Glad to hear you've got something from them at last! Hopefully they'll come back with lots of positive answers to your questions. See if you can get hold of your tracking number so you can track your application without having to wait for them to wake up. Alternatively, do what I've done and develop a worrying habit of waking up somewhere between 3 and 4am every day and checking your email...not recommended though! Spoke to my new boss in Melbs yesterday and he said they're staying in the office later because the air con's better than at home - let's hope immigration have good ac! :-)

hi,

ha ha i know what you mean i am obsessed with PIO and checking emails!thanks illl ask my BF to get the tracking number. I see you got your medical done that was quick!

hi,

ha ha i know what you mean i am obsessed with PIO and checking emails! I see you got your medical done that was quick!

It seems developing obsessive behaviour is par for the course in the visa process.

Yeah, I was lucky that there's an approved medical centre not far from my office in the UK and they had availability early this week. Had a bit of a mad panic trying to get a letter from my consultant on short notice, but we got it all sorted. Phew! So now I just have to wait and see if there are any more hoops to jump through!

I still don't have my tracking number - given up asking now. :-(

Archived