457 Visa processing time - August 2013

HeadingtoAus

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our Visa's allocated this morning! So excited - good luck to you all. Off to Melbourne on Monday.

That's brilliant, congratulations!! Would you be able to share your timeline please? I'm waiting for a 457 for Melbourne too so it would be nice to know what kind of wait I'm in for!

Monday is a fast turn around - busy week ahead for you! Best of luck with the move and your new life in Melbs.

:jiggy:

I've just tried to start the 457 application, but the immi website seems to be playing up today. Hopefully it'll be working properly later.

My current timeline: Nomination submitted in Perth on 24th Dec, Approved on 31st Dec. I only found out today due to holidays.

EDIT - submitted application on 07/01/13

Our Visa's allocated this morning! So excited - good luck to you all. Off to Melbourne on Monday.

Hi Jacqui

Congrats! quick question were your eomployers already standard business sponsers or did they have to apply and the process started on 21 November? just trying to get a hold on timescales as we hope to head out in March

thanks

Kez

The GP practice was experienced business sponsers. We applied for our 457 Visa only when we had received job offer from the sponsor and approval from GP authorities in Aus (i.e AMC and Aphra). All in, the process has taken 8 months from when we first applied for registration as GP in Aus and found a job.

Hope this helps!

Hi jacq. Good to hear that your visa has been granted so early. Lucky you. Are you done with AMC clinical and PESCI both? I have passed both clinical and pesci and my surgery hired first overseas trained doctor. So they applied for all the 3 things together. Sponsorship and Nomination has been approved and still waiting for my visa grant.

All the best and pray for me.

Thanks

I woke up this morning with a request from the case officer for more documents, submitted them straight away and I'm now going to bed with our visas having been approved and out grant notification emails sent out. :biggrin: I think I must have got really lucky with our case officer, or it's a slow time of year for them, as this seems lightning fast. I need to get a firm start date from my employer and then I can book our flights to Perth for mid Feb.

My timeline for a Computer Network and Systems Engineer in Perth

Employer is already a sponsor

Nomination Submitted 24/12/13

Nomination Approved 31/12/13

Application Submitted 07/01/14

Application Approved 09/01/14

Good luck to people waiting for news.

Hi mapped its awesome,

Can you please let me know from when you had started process. My employer has started by using some agent on 27th Dec and he told we'll get updates in 45 days. Is it take so long ? Should i ask him for TRN or other thing which i can use to track online ?

I had applied for a Web developer in perth.

Thanks !!

I woke up this morning with a request from the case officer for more documents, submitted them straight away and I'm now going to bed with our visas having been approved and out grant notification emails sent out. :biggrin: I think I must have got really lucky with our case officer, or it's a slow time of year for them, as this seems lightning fast. I need to get a firm start date from my employer and then I can book our flights to Perth for mid Feb.

My timeline for a Computer Network and Systems Engineer in Perth

Employer is already a sponsor

Nomination Submitted 24/12/13

Nomination Approved 31/12/13

Application Submitted 07/01/14

Application Approved 09/01/14

Good luck to people waiting for news.

Hi mapped its awesome,

Can you please let me know from when you had started process. My employer has started by using some agent on 27th Dec and he told we'll get updates in 45 days. Is it take so long ? Should i ask him for TRN or other thing which i can use to track online ?

I had applied for a Web developer in perth.

Thanks !!

As my employer already sponsors quite a few people the first part of the process was them lodging the nomination on 24th Dec. They didn't need to apply to become sponsors.

We didn't use an agent, my employer gave me the TRN once the nomination was approved and I took it from there. I think my case was quite simple, as all we had to do was fill in the application form, upload our documents and buy health insurance, we didn't need any medicals etc.

If you can get your TRN I thin it would be useful as you can track the application on the system.

I hope it progresses smoothly for you.

I've got my start date now and we'll be in Perth on 18th Feb :biggrin:

I had talked with employer today. He told he had applied though VSF in sydney and i'll get TRN number once i'll get any reply for medicals. so along with medical i'll get TRN number but it could take upto 45 days.

He is already sponserer i guess as he told he has sponsored someone before 2-3 years. so he posted my and his all documents to some agent and agent has posted all documents to embassy on 27th Dec.

I am not sure it sounds correct or not after seeing your process.

Thanks

As my employer already sponsors quite a few people the first part of the process was them lodging the nomination on 24th Dec. They didn't need to apply to become sponsors.

We didn't use an agent, my employer gave me the TRN once the nomination was approved and I took it from there. I think my case was quite simple, as all we had to do was fill in the application form, upload our documents and buy health insurance, we didn't need any medicals etc.

If you can get your TRN I thin it would be useful as you can track the application on the system.

I hope it progresses smoothly for you.

I've got my start date now and we'll be in Perth on 18th Feb :biggrin:

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help with my question please……I received invite to apply for 489 f/s visa on skillselect, I submitted my visa application on 24 Dec and uploaded all my documents apart from medicals and police checks which I haven't applied for as yet. On the immi-gov application it states print off letter for medicals, does that mean I should apply for medicals now or should I await case officer? Our problem is that we are coming to Perth in January 2015 so didn't want to apply too soon for medicals and police checks as our visa grant date would be dated from the date of our medicals/police checks? Thanks :)

I am not sure it sounds correct or not after seeing your process.

I was expecting a much longer process TBH. Mine might have been quicker as my employer is a large university, so they sponsor a lot of 457's. Also they had been trying to recruit for my post in Aus for a while, so I imagine the nomination was quite straight forward.

I have a question on my Immi account though, why does it still say "Attach document" under the actions tab when I have already uploaded the document in the NEXT STEPS table?The progress says, "received" yet there's ATTACH DOCUMENT next to it? I must be silly to ask this but I just wanted to ask.

In how many days Case officer allocated approximately ? My file has been submitted in last week of December. When would i exact reply for medical ?

I would interesting in this as ours was submitted on the 19th Dec and I had note this morning that no CO had been allocated yet

Hello, we have applied for a 457 visa through the company ( who are already approved) my partner will be working for so everything has been done through an agent, ours got logged on 23/12/13 and we have heard nothing as of yet, I wake up each morning and go straight for my emails to see if there is any news :err: We got told it could take upto 2-3 months. I try not to get too excited incase it all falls through. We have not heard anything about medicals does everyone have to have one?

Archived