Australia is brown and flat and boring, I miss Englands rolling fields of green

wolvesaussie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please stop posting these pictures you are going to encourage more people to want to move to Australia and the place will be full. You must only post ones like this in future.

Australian%20outback%202.jpg

Only Joking Brilliant pictures keep them coming.

A few flaws may i add.. Your showing picture from Victoria in winter( when it rains a lot) and the other pictures look like there taken in a tropical place.. Again heavy rain falls.. Maybe show some pictures taken in jan/feb time from WA or south Australia...? Nice picture though

A few flaws may i add.. Your showing picture from Victoria in winter( when it rains a lot) and the other pictures look like there taken in a tropical place.. Again heavy rain falls.. Maybe show some pictures taken in jan/feb time from WA or south Australia...? Nice picture though

A few tropical places...So?? Something the UK hasn't got. :wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

We could show pictures of the Southern Highlands, which are greener than Blighty all year round, but that wouldn't be fair now would it?

How sad that you have to post negatively on a really enjoyable visual thread.

A few flaws may i add..Your showing picture from Victoria in winter( when it rains a lot)

No flaws in this thread.

Yes - Victoria is Australia.

the other pictures look like there taken in a tropical place.. Again heavy rain falls.

Yes - the tropical places are in Australia.

Of course it rains. You can't have green without rain. Or did someone skip their botany class?

Because you mentioned 'tropical,' it must have some significance...

Or are you trying to tell us that what you say has no significance??:laugh:

Hmmm??

Cheers, Bobj.

Just ignore 'em. They came, they wern't up to it, they left.

If you wanted to see brown, you should have arrived in mid 2007 like I did, towards the end of an 8 year drought. By the time our local reservoirs were down to 8%, THAT was brown! (But not flat!) I was amazed at how much it greened up between September 2009 and January 2010--it was like a different country.

Even the middle of Australia isn't flat and brown- it is red, red, and more red.

I was in the outback a few years ago in spring just after some good rain and the spring flowers were amazing and for me very unexpected. Wish I was clever enough to post the photos.

Mine were taken in South Australia. And most of them were taken in Autumn, after the long, hot, dry summer we get here. Still pretty green though.

Guest The Pom Queen

Mine were taken in winter. Have you ever been to Victoria in Winter.

There are flat and featureless bits, of course. I remember driving up the west coast several years ago. It took two days and there was a lot of nothingness - we got excited by a slight bend in the road! It wasn't boring though. Nothing for miles and miles, then we'd come across a school bus stop! And when we arrived at our camp, on a beach, 40kms from any tarmac, no electricity or power except what the car batteries and a generator provided, it was beautiful. Turquoise ocean, dolphins, rays and dugongs swimming close to shore (the dolphins came closer every day, almost within touch for the children), and the whole beach to ourselves for days. It was a humbling experience really - it made us feel very insignificant in the world. I don't know if it would have felt the same without that long drive through the nothing.

Archived