Rolf Harris charged but where will it stop ?

tonyman

I agree with the op, where will it end, once a cheque book is waived in the air its amazing how people come forward. I am not saying what they (the perpetrators) did was not wrong but I do believe if I was so unhappy and personally hurt by what had happened I would not have waited this long to come forward.

I know people are traumatised all that stuff but you would be hard pushed to find a woman of my age (old) who had not had something inappropriate happen to them during their younger days. Went with the territory and people just got on with life.

However now that the cheque book is being waived must see if I can find some recovered memories :laugh:

Just wow. Apologist for sexual predators? Just because the prevailing mood has changed and people are now believed if they come forward does not make them questionable. That you automatically link money and sexual assault perhaps says more about your worldview than anyone else's.

A recent case - the Stuart Hall one- shows how the publicity of one or two allegations tends to flush out many more survivors who for whatever reason felt unable to come forward originally. Only because of initial publicity did another 10 or more women who had been abused by Hall come forward. This made the jury even more convinced of his proclivities and he was found guilty of all charges.

Next stop Michael Le Vell, Dave Lee Travis, William Roache et al...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wow. Apologist for sexual predators? Just because the prevailing mood has changed and people are now believed if they come forward does not make them questionable. That you automatically link money and sexual assault perhaps says more about your worldview than anyone else's.

A recent case - the Stuart Hall one- shows how the publicity of one or two allegations tends to flush out many more survivors who for whatever reason felt unable to come forward originally. Only because of initial publicity did another 10 or more women who had been abused by Hall come forward. This made the jury even more convinced of his proclivities and he was found guilty of all charges.

Next stop Michael Le Vell, Dave Lee Travis, William Roache et al...

Not really read this thread just the last couple of posts but just on Le Vell, that really could go either way but it does seem like people are convicting him before he has been found guilty. at the end of the day this bloke could well be the victim of a liar who has taken it so far she cannot now go back on it, he may however be guilty and if so deserves everything he gets but i just hope that on this one the truth really does come out because i would think that for a bloke being accused wrongly of kiddie fiddling is the worst thing that can possibly happen to you.

Not really read this thread just the last couple of posts but just on Le Vell, that really could go either way but it does seem like people are convicting him before he has been found guilty. at the end of the day this bloke could well be the victim of a liar who has taken it so far she cannot now go back on it, he may however be guilty and if so deserves everything he gets but i just hope that on this one the truth really does come out because i would think that for a bloke being accused wrongly of kiddie fiddling is the worst thing that can possibly happen to you.

Of course we don't want innocents convicted but surely being abused is the worse thing that can happen to you?

Not really read this thread just the last couple of posts but just on Le Vell, that really could go either way but it does seem like people are convicting him before he has been found guilty. at the end of the day this bloke could well be the victim of a liar who has taken it so far she cannot now go back on it, he may however be guilty and if so deserves everything he gets but i just hope that on this one the truth really does come out because i would think that for a bloke being accused wrongly of kiddie fiddling the worst thing that can possibly happen to you.

I detest that description of paedaphilia!

Me too- quite sickening. I think what he is accused of is foul but wouldn't describe it in quite that way. We are talking about very young girls who have mature bodies- not 5 year olds.

Another apologist for those who abuse kids I see.

For those who don't understand - children are children no matter if they are 5 year olds or 14 year olds "who have mature bodies".

The law states that no matter what they look like, act like, suggest, or intimate, they are CHILDREN and ADULTS are expected to protect and look after them. IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM "BECAUSE THEY HAVE MATURE BODIES". :shocked:

Just wanted to say,to me there should be no time limit on justice,we've all seen just how devious and evil the establishment can be in recent cases,one particularly close to me,the likes of saville had friends in the establishment,it happens,and its sickening how they protect their own circle

Me too- quite sickening. I think what he is accused of is foul but wouldn't describe it in quite that way. We are talking about very young girls who have mature bodies- not 5 year olds.

They might have mature bodies, but they have immature minds, because they are CHILDREN, not adults and protected as such.

I would imagine being accused of abuse, if your innocent, would rank higher..

Cal x

But the court is there to hear the evidence. Many abused aren't even able to get their case to court because of the attitudes that have been in evidence on this very thread

It doesn't matter how old they are, it's a horrible description of a despicable act.

Archived