Visa Fee's to Increase yet again from 1 September 2013

bonza2211

Yikes! Can anyone confirm this? I can't find reference to another increase anywhere else, and the attached budget document SEEMS to possibly just be saying that the previous increase has brought in more additional revenue than they anticipated. I'll admit I skimmed the document, though, so it's possible I missed something.

Housing and immigration look like being the mainstay. Both big earners for government. There is a lot of debt with farmers, resources in decline at a rapid rate of knots with not a lot else to take up the slack.

Well visa's would do it 250,000 a year at 4 grand a time its a billion dollar industry :)

If this is the case then our fee has increased from just over $3000 if we could've applied earlier in the year to over $6000, and now to over $7000. By the time we can save up that kind of money, it will have probably risen again.

If you are in the UK, factoring in the fall in the A$ against the GBP, for a general skilled visa application:

* In April: $3,060 at £1 = A$1.45 => £2,110

* In September: $3,520 at (assumed) £1 = A$1.70 => £2,070

Maybe not so bad, after all?

Best regards.

ozpursuit - just seen you took your vetassess in June - does it take months to get result? I thought it would be quick.....better factor that into our schedule!! thanks for reference for the news even if I don't want to hear it :laugh:

ozpursuit - just seen you took your vetassess in June - does it take months to get result? I thought it would be quick.....better factor that into our schedule!! thanks for reference for the news even if I don't want to hear it :laugh:

they said processing time's beetween 10-12 weeks. i'm on my 8th week now (geez doesn't sound right. feels like im pregnant and will be due in a couple of weeks time). you haven't lodged your vetassess application jen? it's a painful wait really. visa fee increase makes it even more painful :)

The only positive in all this is the cost of the dollar decreasing, meaning that things such as APHRA, ANMAC and Visa are all costs in AUD and less cash to save before hand. Its also worth noting that the cost of the rent and deposit will also therefore fall if you are paying upfront using GBP. The Visa cost hike made me start looking elsewhere such as Canada however, if the dollar stays at this price or keeps decreasing to the pound I will continue pushing for Aus.

Considering the recent decrease of the Aussie dollar's value, it becomes a bit more acceptable.

I paid a lot of money when I was studying my master's degree in Australia. The tuition alone was nearly A$14,000 for a semester.

• 2 months later...

Archived