Moved back home to get away from the heat in queensland

fizzybangs

and it's too darned hot down at the coast in Paignton! This heat is different so no good looking at temperatures and comparing them! I'm back to getting dehydrated, feeling exhausted and trying to find the shade - it's quite nuts LOL I think winter will be an overwhelming shock to my system but I can dress to suit and the houses here are so well insulated and cosy. Tomorrow we're off the Dartmoor in the hope it might be cooler somewhere there.

I remember the first time I moved abroad and spent a year in California. I came back to the UK for the summer and spent a day helping a friend repair his car out in the lovely summer sun. That evening, sitting in the pub on a stool, I started to feel really dizzy and the next thing I knew I had passed out from heat stroke! My friends thought it was hilarious that I could have lived in the US and come home to an English summer to have heat stroke.

and it's too darned hot down at the coast in Paignton! This heat is different so no good looking at temperatures and comparing them! I'm back to getting dehydrated, feeling exhausted and trying to find the shade - it's quite nuts LOL I think winter will be an overwhelming shock to my system but I can dress to suit and the houses here are so well insulated and cosy. Tomorrow we're off the Dartmoor in the hope it might be cooler somewhere there.

Hound Tor and Haytor are generally nice and cool (and lots of shade) when it is really hot on the coast. Nice views too.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We haven't had it this hot for this long since 1976. So don't worry it's a blip, the last time we had a bit of weather like this was in 2006 which is 7 years ago and it then lasted for 2 weeks, so ....... Enjoy it it while you can, it might never happen again.

I'm in Toowoomba in Southeast Qld and freezing to death--three layers of clothing and I still have to turn on the reverse cycle A/C from time to time.

I dont envy you, it's been cold here and i had heard its colder in winter and hotter in summer when your inland. The temps really dropped here last month but this last couple of days have been quite bright and much warmer, it was 14 degrees at 6.30 am yesterday and similar today,we havent lit the fire these last 2 nights ,so lets hope we havent jinxed things and the temps don't get lower,lol

Cal x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It's hard to escape this heat, it's bad today, no air con, no pool, no lovely beach and cooling sea nearby, damned Australia, why do you tease us so much.

It's hard to escape this heat, it's bad today, no air con, no pool, no lovely beach and cooling sea nearby, damned Australia, why do you tease us so much.

Most people in oz ain't got pools and air con and where is this cooling breeze you talk of?

Guest Guest26012
Most people in oz ain't got pools and air con and where is this cooling breeze you talk of?

He said, cooling sea. Where do you get that most people ain't got aircon? Full of it again pb. And in Perth we have the Fremantle Doctor, you should know that, you lived here after all lol!

He said, cooling sea. Where do you get that most people ain't got aircon? Full of it again pb. And in Perth we have the Fremantle Doctor, you should know that, you lived here after all lol!

Quite new to Perth. What is the Freemantle Doctor please?