Moved back home to get away from the heat in queensland

fizzybangs

Guest The Ropey HOFF
He said, cooling sea. Where do you get that most people ain't got aircon? Full of it again pb. And in Perth we have the Fremantle Doctor, you should know that, you lived here after all lol!

Anyone who has been to Perth for any length of time knows about the Freemantle Doctor, a strong breeze that picks up mid afternoon and reduces the temperature by a few degrees, but you wouldn't know that if ...... You've never been.

He said, cooling sea. Where do you get that most people ain't got aircon? Full of it again pb. And in Perth we have the Fremantle Doctor, you should know that, you lived here after all lol!

Ohh the annoying wind that blows sand onto you when you are on a beach just after you have slip slopped making you look like a terracotta statue.....

Guest Guest26012
Ohh the annoying wind that blows sand onto you when you are on a beach just after you have slip slopped making you look like a terracotta statue.....

Thats the one! You remembered?

Seriously....I am usually placid and sit back and just watch but FGS why do you PB complain and make every damn thread about your hatred of Perth/Australia. Honestly so sick of it!

Sorry Moderators remove my post if you feel its unappropriate

...there is an ignore button that you can use and you will not see any of my posts...I use it and it really works...try it.

We haven't had it this hot for this long since 1976. So don't worry it's a blip, the last time we had a bit of weather like this was in 2006 which is 7 years ago and it then lasted for 2 weeks, so ....... Enjoy it it while you can, it might never happen again.

that's what they're saying on the news Hoff but with my luck it will be like this next year too and on and on LOL Weather guy tonight said he will turn it down a bit for us tomorrow to 28C but he's putting it up in Scotland! They are due to get 30C+ in some places!

It's hard to escape this heat, it's bad today, no air con, no pool, no lovely beach and cooling sea nearby, damned Australia, why do you tease us so much.

I've got a beautiful beach at Paignton and a unit overlooking the harbour with balcony and it is lovely inside because the way the homes are built in the UK (so well insulated) but I do have to go out! I honestly haven't perspired this much in years despite living in Qld!

You've got to laugh though, Fizzy - a load of folk who are now whingeing about the heat are the very ones who think they'd like to move to Aus! Suckers!!! This hasn't yet got as bad as a Canberra summer and I have still been able to sleep at night. The number of lobsters walking around here bemuses me as well - the Poms just don't understand the sun and still think it's the best thing in the world to get a dark tan! I'd rather the thermostat got turned down to 20C though if anyone has access to the temperature control!

You've got to laugh though, Fizzy - a load of folk who are now whingeing about the heat are the very ones who think they'd like to move to Aus! Suckers!!! This hasn't yet got as bad as a Canberra summer and I have still been able to sleep at night. The number of lobsters walking around here bemuses me as well - the Poms just don't understand the sun and still think it's the best thing in the world to get a dark tan! I'd rather the thermostat got turned down to 20C though if anyone has access to the temperature control!

Thats probably aimed at me since i've been struggling a bit recently. Yep your right i'll moan and struggle in australia too, probably a lot more but if i do move to australia for a few years once im nearer 30 then it wont be for the weather anyway. The weather is a negative for me, well the summer anyway.

Thats probably aimed at me since i've been struggling a bit recently. Yep your right i'll moan and struggle in australia too, probably a lot more but if i do move to australia for a few years once im nearer 30 then it wont be for the weather anyway. The weather is a negative for me, well the summer anyway.

Nope, not at you - it seems generic that the Poms whinge about the weather no matter what! I really don't think that some have any conception of how oppressive the heat can be and how it can drive you indoors rather than doing all those wonderful outdoorsy things they think are going to magically fall into their laps. One thing the UK is missing in this heat though is the natural accompaniment of flies - shame really, that would give potential migrants a real taste of what they are up for