Does it ever stop raining in Sydney!?

adamexmouth

Guest Ptp113
We emigrated to Sydney two wks ago and it's rained a lot! Lets hope the sun comes out soon.

If you don't do the Pommy Run, and stay for a while, you'll learn that you never whinge about rain in Australia.

Yes it has rained for a couple of weeks. It can do this here, it can rain torrentially for days and days and days. I think I have seen more rain in the last three years than I have in the previous 40 put together. It rains in Australia. Rainfall is higher and it rains on a greater number of days. Get used to it.

On the upside, I see a lot more blue skies too.

Spring is the dry time in Sydney. June is the wettest month and summer can be quite wet as well.

Melbourne climate cannot be generalised. Last summer was very dry and hot but a couple of summers before was very wet and humid. This winter has been up and down. Very wet and cold for the first half of the month and dry, sunny and very mild in the second half. You need to live in a place for at least 5 years to get a true idea of the climate.

It was beautiful today, I went for a walk in the Royal Botanic gardens & on my way there saw a drunkard spewing in Hyde Park. Delicious. He had the manners to move away from his friend to do so, and as a result was inches away from me.

Archived