Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi,

Yes I take your point - but why would they take just so long to make a decision based on something so elementary as not having a Degree - they have been asking me for extra evidence all the time (sylabus, etc...) all 37 pages etc... it is just weird

I cant do the bridging program (even if I get that) - because of the cost and also because it seems you cant apply for a student visa either

Is there anywhere I can find out about what NZ's requirements are please?

ALso, does anyone know of any Diploma nurses that have recently succesfully achieved AHPRA registration please?

I am waiting for AHPRA's decision since February. I am a Diploma nurse - and I am very worried because there seems to be some people being refused because they do not have a Degree. I got ANMAC acreditation (for degree) - but that aparantly does not count. And weirdly - I actually have a job waiting for me in Oz. And also, my agent who found the job for me seems to think I will get AHPRA. And yet if you look at this forum - it seems that Diploma nurses are being refused

Can anyone help please?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flipflop - you do not need to post the same posts on multiple threads relating to nursing. If your question is about AHPRA, then just add it to that thread and everyone will see it. As it stands, we get notifications that there are new posts on these threads and I am finding that it is the same post on multiple threads.

Hi,

It seems a Lawyer or someone is trying to build a case against AHPRA. But it is hard to know if it is a scam or not

Ccheck out The Pom Queens recent post about Aphra and lawyers, she was concerned about something like this

Mathew it appears that the issue lies with whether she was degree trained or diploma trained. It would appear that diploma trained nurses are being refused but told to go on and do a very expensive bridging program only available in Australia.

Mathew it appears that the issue lies with whether she was degree trained or diploma trained. It would appear that diploma trained nurses are being refused but told to go on and do a very expensive bridging program only available in Australia.

AH yes. @robley has 2 degrees. A nursing BA from Sheffield Hallam (1996) and a community nursing BSC from Uni of Wales in 2001 - It seems that the Sheffield Uni was so long ago, they don't have a transcript - but they are sending a syllabus directly to Ahpra. When we started looking Ahpra seemed to be a lot more straightforward (compared to Anmac), but now they seem to have added (even) more red tape to the whole process.

We think we will plough on with the EOI whilst we wait for ahpra to come through.

thanks

Yes you do. The easiest way would be to join the state nurses union in which you intend to practice: QNU, ANF, etc. If you wish to take out private insurance, there are a few companies that offer it. Key features should be $20m in cover, with continuing cover should you change position, job, profession, or if you retire.

Hi there. Yep...thats an understatement to say the least! Sorry to be negative but I would hang onto your money and watch this thread. Its looking like Diplomas are being rejected by Ahpra. I would wait and see what happens with all us mugs who are nearly £10k worse off upto now! :mad:

Hi all! Morgana220 I'm also a paeds nurse, awaiting my anmac results thus week or next hopefully!! Not sure what to do next! I've done my post grad degree so wondering wether to hold off on the visa and apply to ahpra to see if diploma nurses who have since done their degree are ok! Hope it all comes together for everyone!! Do you have to appear to ahpra in person to fully register? Ooooh what to do next!!

I did the diploma originally and topped up to a degree. I am currently in Ahpra's assessment process, whi keep asking for more evidence of quals and upto now have no idea if I'm going to get registered!! #Stressed

Kellyv when are you planning to move? Or is it all hinged on ahpra? If I can't get registered it's all off for us, im already trying to come up with a plan b that doesn't involve oz : ( just incase!! Hoping I won't need it!!

I did the diploma originally and topped up to a degree. I am currently in Ahpra's assessment process, whi keep asking for more evidence of quals and upto now have no idea if I'm going to get registered!! #Stressed

Did you do an online degree or go to uni part time?

Thanks Kelly

I am trying to work out if I could do a one year online degree. I already did 1/2 my degree a few years ago but my hubby (who was in the forces at the time) got posted away so I was not able to complete my last part....which I am kicking myself about now!!!!!! I can't afford to give up work to do it full time in 1 year and I don't have time on my side to do it over 2 years so panicking

Emailed APHRA with a few specifics....check the very helpful reply I got.......as helpful as a chocolate radiator!!!!!!!

Thank you for your enquiry

If you graduated or trained overseas as a nurse or midwife you should complete and submit the application form titled: Application for General Registration (graduated or trained overseas) as a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Midwife - AGOS-40. This form is available at http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/

The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council is the accreditation authority responsible for accrediting education providers and programs of study for the nursing and midwifery profession in Australia. For further information on accreditation and education pathways, please visit:http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Accreditation.aspx

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact AHPRA on 1300 419 495. Alternatively please follow the web enquiry link, and provide the following online enquiry number: removed

Kind regards,

Pointless response!! Aww I know its so stressful isn't? I'm not even sure they are going to accept my degree! I will be seriously hacked off if not! I nearly packed in mine on the dissertation it was so difficult with 2 young children and working fulltime as a band 7 dept lead. But I persevered - almost losing the plot in the process - to get that qualification and now I don't even know if it would have been worth it!! :'-(

Archived