Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi paednurseclaire, oh god I didn't send a cover letter with my reference thingy! In my panic I just put it in the envelope and sent it off!! It's got the application reference number in though do should be ok do you think? That's if they've even got my application! If I'm finding this bit so tricky and stressful, I imagine they'll Cart me off when it comes to the visa application!!

Aww bouncy I wouldn't worry, I say a cover letter it was more a paragraph of utter waffle! Ha! I know what you mean it's all I can think about and all I talk about. Due to move out of our home in the next few weeks and move into rented :/ :frown:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello paednurseclaire - sent my ANMAC off 3 weeks ago, I know they've received docs. Didn't read anything about this additional payment, just ticked box to say I wanted the references I sent assessed. Will have to look into it!

Not sure how much it will help with my points tho as, despite being qualified since 1996 as I've worked part-time for past 10 years only just about make 3 years when I worked over 20 hours per week

:(

Hello paednurseclaire - sent my ANMAC off 3 weeks ago, I know they've received docs. Didn't read anything about this additional payment, just ticked box to say I wanted the references I sent assessed. Will have to look into it!

Not sure how much it will help with my points tho as, despite being qualified since 1996 as I've worked part-time for past 10 years only just about make 3 years when I worked over 20 hours per week

Hi robley, a ticky box? I don't remember ticking a box!! I've probably sent the wrong bloomin thing off !! Bad luck about your hours! I'm part time too but over twenty hours so I'm ok I think, just another thing I've stressed about too!!

paednurseClaire, wow you are really getting going? I'm petrified to do anything just in case! Are you selling up or renting out?

Hi bouncy - just sent the one they sent me as a PDF for the full assessment, it was called a checklist, number 8 just asked if u want refs to be assessed for extra points and I ticked 'yes'. Sure they'll inform me if problem with this!

It's not an easy process is it?! ?

Hi again robley, I didn't even send the checklist! I thought that was for our own use and didn't need to be sent off!! Have I done a major boo boo here!!? Hopefully all the panic will be over nothing! I'm sure lots if applicants must send off wrong stuff or forget some! They must be used to dealing with folk like me I'm sure :) (I hope).

I just ticked box didn't pay extra$40 and got skill assessed so far diac happy with LOD scanned and reference letter and statement of service. Claimed points for 10yrs full time work (all in same ward so that simplified getting proof) if in doubt contact anmac

good luck all

helen

Hi again robley, I didn't even send the checklist! I thought that was for our own use and didn't need to be sent off!! Have I done a major boo boo here!!? Hopefully all the panic will be over nothing! I'm sure lots if applicants must send off wrong stuff or forget some! They must be used to dealing with folk like me I'm sure :) (I hope).

Your not alone Bouncy neither did I! I thought exactly the same! :unsure:

Hey bouncy, we are selling up to fund all the visa etc. Renting while it all goes through, house was sold the day it went on the market, a little unexpected but hey ho! All eggs firmly in one basket with my fingers crossed :biggrin:

wow thats great!! In for a penny in for a pound!! We are planning to rent our house out so we can hang fire for now! At least when you get the visa you will be ready to go!! When are you planning to go?

hi oz2014 thanks for that, so it seems I have not included the checklist and I was meant to! Should I send that off on Monday? Oh dear!!!!!!!! I'll send them another e mail! They'll probably have my card marked!! : /

Just looking at it all again, I wonder if the $40 is for having references assessed after you have your Lod? Is it worth sending the checklist off on Monday? All of the stuff required on the list has been sent so I guess by sending off the $40 tells them I want my references assessed! Or maybe I should just have a glass of wine, I think I need it!! :err: Just read that you did the same paednurseclaire, must be a pead nurse thing! xx

Hi robley I only found out about this additional payment thanks to bouncy. There is a 3 page document (pdf file) the 1st page lists all the codes, the 2nd has a reference template and the 3rd has a payment section. I 'll try and post the link.

Oh my!! I get more confused the more I read. Might join you glass of vino and it might start to make sense :wacko:

Well if I ever successfully complete the skills assessment, ha, we are hoping to to apply for 189 (PR) but my medical will be referred due to cancer 2.5yrs ago. As soon as I get the visa (fingers crossed), I'm working my two months notice booking the flights. Whoop!

Oh my!! I get more confused the more I read. Might join you glass of vino and it might start to make sense :wacko:

Well if I ever successfully complete the skills assessment, ha, we are hoping to to apply for 189 (PR) but my medical will be referred due to cancer 2.5yrs ago. As soon as I get the visa (fingers crossed), I'm working my two months notice booking the flights. Whoop!

Ha ha wine is definitely the way forward! We are going for the 189 too. I've read of lots of people with various diagnoses not having any problems so I'm sure that won't be an issue! That's a great plan! I think I'm over complicating our move! Not sure wether to go now and need child care or wait til our youngest is old enough for nursery! Not sure I can wait that long!! Decisions decisions!! You've definitely got the right idea!! Very exciting!

Ha ha wine is definitely the way forward! We are going for the 189 too. I've read of lots of people with various diagnoses not having any problems so I'm sure that won't be an issue! That's a great plan! I think I'm over complicating our move! Not sure wether to go now and need child care or wait til our youngest is old enough for nursery! Not sure I can wait that long!! Decisions decisions!! You've definitely got the right idea!! Very exciting!

Aww my rugrats are 13 and almost 8 now, but have read childcare costs are expensive over there as they are here really. Where are you looking to move too, we are hopefully heading brisbane or there abouts :)

Hi paednurseclaire

Was this a PDF they sent after you did online application or just part of their website?

Will check it out (poss tomorrow now as going to have big glass of wine now too!) gives me such a headache when I think about this stuff x

Hi paednurseclaire

Was this a PDF they sent after you did online application or just part of their website?

Will check it out (poss tomorrow now as going to have big glass of wine now too!) gives me such a headache when I think about this stuff x

Hi robley it's a document on their website. I googled Anmac professional reference assessment and I believe it's one of the two results! Enjoy your wine, mine is going down a treat! :)) :laugh:

Aww my rugrats are 13 and almost 8 now, but have read childcare costs are expensive over there as they are here really. Where are you looking to move too, we are hopefully heading brisbane or there abouts :)

Mine are 18 months and 3 1/2 years! Child care does look expensive, but I've read about a child care rebate from the government which would help, if we're eligible! We are hoping to go to perth mainly because we have friends there, but I'd go where the work is I think, there's a new childrens hospital being built there, due to open in 2015 which could be a good option if we can afford the child care!! A girl I used to work with went to live in Brisbane with her young family and hasn't looked back!! It's all very exciting and a tad scary! But hopefully a fab adventure!!

Mine are 18 months and 3 1/2 years! Child care does look expensive, but I've read about a child care rebate from the government which would help,

Bear in mind that you are ineligible if on a 457 visa (sponsored) and it is avaialble only to permanent residents and citizens

Hi guys..just a quick wee question, hoping someone has some insight. I'm currently in the midst of organising my third year student elective placement in Oz. I understand that there is a fee for facilitation/mentorship in Oz..but the price I've been quoted seems rather extreme.

Do Australian students have to pay for a placement fee for each placement they go on? Is it more expensive to go remote/rural?

I can only find info for international medical students and it seems they just pay a one off fee for a 5-8 week placement. I've been quoted a fee per hour of facilitation required.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Hi guys..just a quick wee question, hoping someone has some insight. I'm currently in the midst of organising my third year student elective placement in Oz. I understand that there is a fee for facilitation/mentorship in Oz..but the price I've been quoted seems rather extreme.

Do Australian students have to pay for a placement fee for each placement they go on? Is it more expensive to go remote/rural?

I can only find info for international medical students and it seems they just pay a one off fee for a 5-8 week placement. I've been quoted a fee per hour of facilitation required.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

I've never heard of any fee for student nursing experience. How much input do you want from the facility? And who

ere are you thinking of going?

Hmm well I would want to practice nursing skills as in any other clinical placement, rather than just observing. The Australian university has offered assistance as necessary while I'm in Oz, but otherwise the fee is only for facilitation. The medical students ive spoke to paid $1100 for a 6 week placement in NSW. The Sydney uni I've been talking with are saying it costs $57/hour for facilitation...I'm presuming this is paid for for home students...but am under the impression international students need to pay towards this.

Hmm well I would want to practice nursing skills as in any other clinical placement, rather than just observing. The Australian university has offered assistance as necessary while I'm in Oz, but otherwise the fee is only for facilitation. The medical students ive spoke to paid $1100 for a 6 week placement in NSW. The Sydney uni I've been talking with are saying it costs $57/hour for facilitation...I'm presuming this is paid for for home students...but am under the impression international students need to pay towards this.

I'll ask a couple of friends who coordinate undergrad' programs. I would guess the main limiting factors would be indemnity insurance and WorkCover (work related injury insurance). If your uni' already has international policies for both it may be much easier.

Archived