Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

Back after a LONG time and just thought I'd give you all an update :)

So I got to Sydney around November 2013 where I worked minimally as an agency nurse (work was VERY thin on the ground) and just chilled until January time. I got offered some farmwork in QLDS which turned out to be a scam which led me to starting over in Adelaide which I LOVE!

I am now looking into applying for my Ind perm visa of which I need to collect a number of points.

First question I have; How hard is it to score 8 in the academic IELTS exam?

Second question; Does anyone know of any farmwork near Adelaide city?

Third question; Any 'youngens' currently in Adelaide looking to meet up?

Enjoy the holidays everyone, speak soon!

Dan

Hi Dan

Great news that you've now settled.

I can't help with all your questions except the ielts one. I wouldn't consider myself very academic but with a bit of practice and knowledge of timings and how the exams are conducted I managed an 8.5 overall first time round!

Good luck and hopefully someone will pop up to answer your other questions:wink:

Hi everyone,

I sent my AHPRA documents off 10 days ago but have not recieved any confirmation that they have arrived. I was wondering how long everyone else's documents took to arrive. Starting to panic!

Many thanks

Sophie

Hi everyone,

I sent my AHPRA documents off 10 days ago but have not recieved any confirmation that they have arrived. I was wondering how long everyone else's documents took to arrive. Starting to panic!

Many thanks

Sophie

Mine took 2 weeks before I got the email.

Hi all,

Received an email from ANMAC this morning to say my documents had arrived safely! Phew! Now for the big long wait and try and get prepared for the next stage. Fingers crossed I want to submit my expression of interest and lodge my visa application as soon as I get my LOD. Has anyone got any hints or tips on information I could be gathering whilst I'm waiting for ANMAC. I have downloaded form 80!? Thanks all

Hi all, I sent off my anmac documents on the 11th of April and still no e mail saying they've received them! They were definitely delivered a couple if days ago because I tracked them with Royal Mail! I'm worried now!! Doesn't seem to gave taken this long for others! Any ideas?

bouncy

Holy mother if god! I've not put in my professional assessment payment thing in! Just found it attatched to the checklist! Can't bleeding believe it!!!!! What do I do? Send it off now? Will they still process it with the application? Thought if been so thorough!!

I've sent them an email and sent the form off today, I looked at the frequently asked questions and it says to do exactly that do fingers crossed should be ok! Crikey, nearly died when I saw it, good job I looked! And breath! Thanks xlornax!

Holy mother if god! I've not put in my professional assessment payment thing in! Just found it attatched to the checklist! Can't bleeding believe it!!!!! What do I do? Send it off now? Will they still process it with the application? Thought if been so thorough!!

Hi bouncy!

What is this professional assessment payment?! Is this for ANMAC?! Eek! I don't remember doing this :/

You don't remember paying $875???

Ahhh I paid with credit card prior to submitting documents, thought there was another payment I'd missed. It was my understanding that it had to be paid with credit card and then you received your email with cover note.

Anyways I certainly do remember that payment!:wink:

Thanks

kelly

Hi all, I sent off my anmac documents on the 11th of April and still no e mail saying they've received them! They were definitely delivered a couple if days ago because I tracked them with Royal Mail! I'm worried now!! Doesn't seem to gave taken this long for others! Any ideas?

bouncy

Im sure you will get an email soon! I was stressing about mine as hubby had sent it tracked, but then he lost tracking number, what a doughnut, and according to Royal Mail there's no way to retrieve it. Keep checking that mail and good luck :))

Paednurseclaire, it's $40 and it's additional to the $870 you pay for the assessment. It's only if you need your references assessed for extra points for length if experience! If you need it just print it off the anmac website and send it off! Was checking my bank to see if they'd taken payment then id know for sure they had it! Now I know why that hasn't happened! Oooooh the stress!!!!!

Oh thanks bouncy! :) I didn't know about this, I have sent a professional reference so I'd better get that sorted. Not sure if I need it for the points or not, but the points the better :)) I know what you mean on the stress front all this emigrating and form filling and hoop jumping has got me dizzy!!

Paednurseclaire, it's $40 and it's additional to the $870 you pay for the assessment. It's only if you need your references assessed for extra points for length if experience! If you need it just print it off the anmac website and send it off! Was checking my bank to see if they'd taken payment then id know for sure they had it! Now I know why that hasn't happened! Oooooh the stress!!!!!

Oh, I posted mine last week an got an email saying they had got my documents which I sent with cover note for modified assessment, im worrying about this other form u mention for the professional references as I need them doing for points, not sure now if I have missed out something I should have sent :-( It was on cover form that I wanted them assessing, thought this would have highlighted that I needed this too?

Hi

I'm Rachel, just turned 40!!!! I just qualified as an adult nurse in Jan of this year. Hubby has been accepted by royal Australian navy so we are joining you guys on his job! Visas granted last week and we fly to Sidney (where he will be based) in June of this year. I want to work once we have settled, I currently work on a cardiology ward. I've NO IDEA of the process for applying for a job out there...... Am I likely to be able to continue my preceptor ship???? Any advice would be very gratefully received.......

Thanks

Oh, I posted mine last week an got an email saying they had got my documents which I sent with cover note for modified assessment, im worrying about this other form u mention for the professional references as I need them doing for points, not sure now if I have missed out something I should have sent :-( It was on cover form that I wanted them assessing, thought this would have highlighted that I needed this too?

Hi shelz, I'm doing full assessment so it may be different! I sent my stuff off on the 11th and not had an e mail confirmation yet! Still having a panic about why that might be! Did you send yours to the courier address or postal address? What about you paednurseclaire? You both have got your e mail but sent off after me it seems!! I hope I've not mucked something up!! Wouldn't be the first time!! ; )

Hi shelz, I'm doing full assessment so it may be different! I sent my stuff off on the 11th and not had an e mail confirmation yet! Still having a panic about why that might be! Did you send yours to the courier address or postal address? What about you paednurseclaire? You both have got your e mail but sent off after me it seems!! I hope I've not mucked something up!! Wouldn't be the first time!! ; )

Hey bouncy. I sent mine to the postal address :) hoping you get your mail soon! Found that personal reference assessment fee form, eek! Sent today with a covering letter

Hey bouncy. I sent mine to the postal address :) hoping you get your mail soon! Found that personal reference assessment fee form, eek! Sent today with a covering letter

Hi paednurseclaire, oh god I didn't send a cover letter with my reference thingy! In my panic I just put it in the envelope and sent it off!! It's got the application reference number in though do should be ok do you think? That's if they've even got my application! If I'm finding this bit so tricky and stressful, I imagine they'll Cart me off when it comes to the visa application!!

Archived