Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi, I'm not applying for extra points but I'm pretty sure that ANMAC are the ones that assess your work experience if you wish to claim extra points with DIAC, so this would be done at the same time as your skills assessment i.e. When you submit your supporting docs for your skills assessment you must also provide the 3 years work references if you intend to claim extra points with DIAC. It says something to this extent on the checklist they sent me after I submitted my skills assessment. Maybe someone who has claimed points for work experience may be able to provide more accurate info? Hope this helps

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I have been busy looking at potential jobs down the 457 visa route and there is a company called Healthcare Elite that have a number of interesting jobs. I was just wondering if anyone had used them to get a job out there and what thoughts people have on applying through them to any job company?

Any advice would be great!!

katie

Has anyone done an elective placement in oz? Or heard of any happening in their current Oz workplace?

I know that it is a big ask, with there being very few clinical placements available on general. .but im seriously researching the option.

I would need police check, student registration with aphra, visa, etc etc...

Hi all, I am after some advice. If I did all my studying in UK being a British citizen do I still need to do an english language test for ahpra registration, if I do that seems a bit daft since I didn't need to do one for my permanent residency.

Also, do I have to produce academic transcripts for my diploma and degree which I completed in 1995 as I don't have them I only have my certificates, I have my transcripts for my post grad which I completed last year. Do you think I need them all? Thanks

Has anyone done an elective placement in oz? Or heard of any happening in their current Oz workplace?

I know that it is a big ask, with there being very few clinical placements available on general. .but im seriously researching the option.

I would need police check, student registration with aphra, visa, etc etc...

Only students of medicine in Queensland. But we had students of nursing in Melbourne from the UK.

My initial thoughts are as follows.

If you planned only to observe, undertake absolutely no clinical practice and not get any form of remuneration (including accommodation) I would guess you might get away with only an international police check, plus a child safety check, however currently defined in the UK.

If you are a UK national, then you would be entitled to reciprocal access to health care in Australia. If not, you would need health insurance. You would need to explore the limitations of the respective visas.

If you had any plan to carry out any clinical practice, you would need everything a person applying to practice their profession would need.

Hi all,

Well ielts completed today!!

I think the writing, reading and listening I'll be ok on but the speaking!?! Eek!!

The girls at work will be shocked if i fluff the speaking! Think I waffled a bit?!

Results should be in hand on the 14th feb, no valentines please mr postie, just a pass letter!!

Fingers crossed

Hi

thanks

well I practised the reading writing and listening tests, there are many online for free.

It's more about practising the structure of the exam, for listening its about focusing in on the important aspects and understanding what they are asking for.

The reading I found was all about getting the timings right, look at the questions first and then skim the reading passages.

The writing I found was all about comparison and drawing on points to make your opinion valid. For this I memorised several key words that can be used when comparing.

It all sounds very daunting but do some practice tests and time yourself! As the saying goes practice makes perfect!

The speaking part I didn't practise I was hoping as English is my first language I would be ok?! Maybe I'm worrying because I didn't practice?! Anyway roll on feb 14th

good luck for the 22nd

The ielts bit is very stressful. Just.logged my ANMAC. Now its a waiting game. Good luck hope u get the results you need. Preparation if definately the key. I did the practice tests in exam conditions on my day off. Even took a days annual leave to

practice but it was worth it to pass first time. :-) so glad that part is over

I needed 7s and each time I was marked down by half a point on the reading test!! I got 8s & 9 then 6.5 on reading!

It was so frustrating! It's not hard, it's just getting the technique right.. I made the mistake of spending too much time reading the articles and then rushing at end because of timing being up. I was in tears when it got to my 3rd attempt.. It's so annoying!

All I can say is practice practice & practice again.. Good luck!

Hi folks, just attended the live down under expo and spoke to a nursing agency, they advised to apply to aphra now and try for a 457 visa instead of PR as I want to get out there ASAP!!

However I struggling to find exactly what the process is with aphra?! I have searched pio but just want to try and get this right first time

Is the form i need to complete the application for general registration (internationally qualified nurses)?

I understand I need to re-work my CV to accommodate there format and have it signed by myself and nurse manager.

Does anyone have a link to all the documents they require?

thanks in advance you clever people!! :biggrin:

Archived