Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

Hi My OH got confirmation beginning of May that her docs had been received and were now in a queue. She also received an update from ANMAC the middle of June to say they are working on April's assessments and processing times have increased to between 14 to 16 weeks. Hopefully you'll hear something in the next few weeks, good luck. :-)

Hi folks

Could someone please tell me how long the current waiting is for ANMC, im going crazy waiting to get a positive skills assessment so I can get the ball rolling! they received my documents beginning of April!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lulum1986

On my registration form for my agency job in Australia they are talking about the superannuation fund. Dos anyone have any ideas as I'm clueless with this? also does anyone know what the NHS does with pension I'm going on a WHV on a career break just wondering if pension would be froze?? Thanks

hi folks, just starting to look into emigrating just now. I am a registered nurse and im aware ill need to sit the IELTS exam ( i already passed it in 2009 before i went on a working holiday visa but it will now have expired) but is it only the visa applicant that sits this or will by b/f also have to? Cheers!

hi folks, just starting to look into emigrating just now. I am a registered nurse and im aware ill need to sit the IELTS exam ( i already passed it in 2009 before i went on a working holiday visa but it will now have expired) but is it only the visa applicant that sits this or will by b/f also have to? Cheers!

Only yourself that will need to sit Ielts if you need the points for visa and for ANMAC.

You don't need Ielts for AHPRA if u have proof you attended secondary school full time and were taught in English.

Good luck... :-)

Hi Folks looking for some advice filling in my AHPRA application, i think i have all correct documentation to be certified. 1. Uni transcripts 2.Degree cert 3.Passport 4.Driving License 5. CV Is there anything else i need to have?

:err:

Hi Folks looking for some advice filling in my AHPRA application, i think i have all correct documentation to be certified. 1. Uni transcripts 2.Degree cert 3.Passport 4.Driving License 5. CV Is there anything else i need to have?

Are you sending any copied of CPD Certs ?

If so, then these also need to be certified. Are you sending Ielts test cert? Or do you have a letter from secondary school?

I think that's about it... Good luck..!

:-))

Are you sending any copied of CPD Certs ?

If so, then these also need to be certified. Are you sending Ielts test cert? Or do you have a letter from secondary school?

I think that's about it... Good luck..!

:-))

Thank You for quick reply. :))

Does my GCSE certs count or would i need to have a letter from secondary school too? Not sure what CPD certs are? :(

Hi, I'm Emma, i hope you dont mind me commenting on this thread, im a midwife, with one years experience. I've just been invited to apply on a permanent visa, I have 6 children and am hoping to come to Brisbane. Been a long journey so far, I sold my house last year and its taken me four attempts to pass the ielts test with 8's, was .5 off each time.

Hi Emma I know exactly what you mean, after completing high school, A - levels, Diploma and Degree the IELTS nearly killed me off!! :wub:

All good now as I too passed it with 8's, which is no mean feat!!

Have you applied or are you just beginning that aspect of the process? BTW 6 kids! Wow!! :notworthy: I thought I had my work cut out with two tenagers (plus a forty year old big kid of a husband lol). We are working towards going to Brisbane area, let me know how your getting on. Good Luck with the next steps so to speak.

Hi, maybe I need some information ready for APHRA application. I am currently waiting for the AMNAC skills assessment, it has been 12 weeks now with no response as yet. I was going to ask them to forward my documents to APHRA, at this stage I will complete the application form and pay, I will have to send the additional documents they require at the same time eg uni transcripts for further education (this was not required for AMNAC) do I need to do this all at the same time or can it be in stages as they come through to me? Will APHRA contact me for any additional information needed as AMNAC did at the start? Thanks. Paul

CPDS for work and dont forget letter from hr/line manager confirming current employment hours etc known as statement of service needs to cover last 5 years, certificate of registration nmc if in UK, confirmation of english language skills...............important make sure all docs certified by public notary or magistrate else they will reject them! as well a what you have listed

Good luck x

Hi All, I have another question, I have received my email today stating my assessment has been completed, however, there is no detail if it is a positive outcome or not and states it may take up to 3 weeks for the letter to be received. I wanted to ask them to forward my file to aphra, do I need to wait for the letter to do this in case it is a negative result.

Would they have said in the email if it was not OK. I am glad to have got their email, but worry now about the decision. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks. Paul

has anybody here been asked by AHPRA to undergo their bridging programme despite being a UK nurse? I'm originally from the Philippines. yet, despite going through the ONP and having a pin number, they are still asking me to undergo the bridging programme. :arghh:

has anybody here been asked by AHPRA to undergo their bridging programme despite being a UK nurse? I'm originally from the Philippines. yet, despite going through the ONP and having a pin number, they are still asking me to undergo the bridging programme. :arghh:

Oh no, they are very strict mind.. I'm not sure what the bridging programme is, hope someone can help.

I had an email from AHPRA this morning asking me to confirm my country and city if birth!

I had my eligibility confirmed in may 2013 so found that strange to be asking now, when they have my copies of passport and birth cert.

I asked why, was told they were just reviewing my application.

Very strange!

Oh no, they are very strict mind.. I'm not sure what the bridging programme is, hope someone can help.

I had an email from AHPRA this morning asking me to confirm my country and city if birth!

I had my eligibility confirmed in may 2013 so found that strange to be asking now, when they have my copies of passport and birth cert.

I asked why, was told they were just reviewing my application.

Very strange!

Did they not say why they are reviewing it, bit strange that mind considering you have letter of eligibility

Did they not say why they are reviewing it, bit strange that mind considering you have letter of eligibility

I know, I actually though it was spam mail at first, I asked why they wanted this info and she replied right away saying its just a review of applications. Why would they need to review it again though after all this time, I'm quite suspicious!

The other email from them said they were updating practitioners information and wanted me to confirm my place and city of birth.

Still strange though. :-/

reply to email just saying as per details on passport of which you have a copy! really weird though still......dont give info in email x

Hi we are re looking going on a temp visa (michelle my wife a band 6 and hating all the bs now associated with working in a foundation trust) and me just being made redundant seems its the right time etc.

We are struggling to find decent web sites for both agencies and Australian health authorities with a view to sponsored temp migration? Can anyone pm me with any info etc. Has it all changed now due to the expression of interest?

ta

Archived