TV Series Recommendations Please!!

Phoenix16

OK Perth is having a particularly stormy time and winter is clearly here!! As a Pommie Perthite I've adapted well to the local habit of early to bed but I like to get snuggled up warm and watch TV. I tend to download stuff from iTunes ad watch it via Apple TV, I'm nearly through series 2 of Revenge (love it!,) I've just downloaded and watched The Paradise (struggled with episode 1 then loved it), I've downloaded Suits (done 2 episodes, not sure, will persevere), seen all of Downton etc and I'm seriously in need of some great dramas to get me through these next few winter months so ALL recommendations very much welcome....!

OK Perth is having a particularly stormy time and winter is clearly here!! As a Pommie Perthite I've adapted well to the local habit of early to bed but I like to get snuggled up warm and watch TV. I tend to download stuff from iTunes ad watch it via Apple TV, I'm nearly through series 2 of Revenge (love it!,) I've just downloaded and watched The Paradise (struggled with episode 1 then loved it), I've downloaded Suits (done 2 episodes, not sure, will persevere), seen all of Downton etc and I'm seriously in need of some great dramas to get me through these next few winter months so ALL recommendations very much welcome....!

A guilty pleasure I really enjoyed was 'The Tudors'. I also have all the episodes of 'Hustle' and basically most sci fi series ( bit of a sci fi geek).

Boardwalk Empire

We like House, we have just downloaded Parade's End with Benedict Cumberbatch, we like Bones, I like Asylum, but its gory .... I like the Mentalist ... Twinsmom recommended it to me, the guy is cute ...... Supernatural, White Collar (another cute guy) I am waiting for Mr Selfridge .... looking forward to that ...

Oh no!! We are so on the same wavelength!! We had the Tudors for years and finally watched it on our first winters here!! And Hustle!!! Love it so much I've watched every episode!!!! I downloaded 'Scandal' which is the US version of Hustle written by the lady that gave us Greys Anantomy, it's good but it's NO Hustle!!!

many thanks for your reply and fab you've recommended stuff I love, were obviously like the same stuff so I'm going to recommend ' the Syndicate' to you, it's a Kay Mellor series, I round it by accident on Foxtel but its fab and I'm waiting for series 2!!!!

Dexter, its fab and loads of series, Im on to no 5 via netflix - can you get that in Oz?

I really fancy Dexter but tried to watch the first episode and it was a bit gory .. is it all gory ??

​Oh talking of gory Hannibal is a slick serial killer show .. but I have to keep turning away when he is eating LOL

We like House, we have just downloaded Parade's End with Benedict Cumberbatch, we like Bones, I like Asylum, but its gory .... I like the Mentalist ... Twinsmom recommended it to me, the guy is cute ...... Supernatural, White Collar (another cute guy) I am waiting for Mr Selfridge .... looking forward to that ...

Loved Parades End!! Have toyed with the idea of House for so long, everyone raves about it but I've never seen an episode but I thin I'd like it so might just give it a go!! I haven't tried The Mentalist, I've heard about it but something holds me back, my Brother in Law sent me Breaking Bad, when I read the bio it doesn't grab me yet everyone raves about it, I think it's a case of watch the frat episode and see!!

Many thanks for your reply, loads of ideas!!

I really fancy Dexter but tried to watch the first episode and it was a bit gory .. is it all gory ??

​Oh talking of gory Hannibal is a slick serial killer show .. but I have to keep turning away when he is eating LOL

Ha Ha can't believe you've said that got Dexter series 1 on DVD, watched the first one and just didn't grab us, same as you really but everyone raves so possibly one to persevere with!!,

I enjoy Game of Thrones, Supernatrual, Boardwalk Empire, The Following and Modern Family :)

game of Thrones - totally addicted!!! Boardwalk Empire- missed it on foxtel, bought series 1, not watched yet, just might have to now!!! Heard so many fab reports!!

Guest Ptp113
A guilty pleasure I really enjoyed was 'The Tudors'. I also have all the episodes of 'Hustle' and basically most sci fi series ( bit of a sci fi geek).

We have all Hustle, many of The Bill, Gavin and Stacy, but hard to beat At Home With The Braithwaites or Beautiful People.

I would recommend True Blood and The Walking Dead. You should also give Dexter another chance - it is very good when you get into it.

We also like Game of Thrones and Homeland.

Old ones to try are The West Wing and Six Feet Under.

We tried The Sopranos (which had great reviews), but couldn't get into it.

Terry

We have all Hustle, many of The Bill, Gavin and Stacy, but hard to beat At Home With The Braithwaites or Beautiful People.

Wendee!! Firstly I'm gonna take a big bow that you posted on my thread and secondly I'm gonna take a big breath and say OMG, all your fave programs are from 'Pomsville'!!

Loved Parades End!! Have toyed with the idea of House for so long, everyone raves about it but I've never seen an episode but I thin I'd like it so might just give it a go!! I haven't tried The Mentalist, I've heard about it but something holds me back, my Brother in Law sent me Breaking Bad, when I read the bio it doesn't grab me yet everyone raves about it, I think it's a case of watch the frat episode and see!!

Many thanks for your reply, loads of ideas!!

House is really good tv, we have only just started watching it, now on series 2 bought the DVD set in jb hi Fi for $19.99 they have 20% off at the moment, .... I am going to watch the episode of parades end now in bed & if I like it buy the series in jb hi Fi with the discount ....

hugh Laurie plays a brill part as house, really good, it's humorous ... Just good tv IMO

I forgot true blood ....

I am trying to get into game of thrones ... really need to concentrate & not PIO at the same time, lol ......

we like new tricks too, basically anything solving crimes ....

Hey I forgot my favourite with johnny lee miller .... Elementary ... Superb and he is as cute as hell x

Yes! but hes one sexy serial killer! theres been a few gruesome ones lately!

Ha Ha can't believe you've said that got Dexter series 1 on DVD, watched the first one and just didn't grab us, same as you really but everyone raves so possibly one to persevere with!!,

Try and persevere, we watch one every night!

Breaking Bad is the best tv show ever in the world. It gets so tense sometimes I had to turn it off for a while! Amazing storyline, amazing acting its the best!

For comedy, I love Modern Family. Such great characters & genuinely funny senarios.

I also love The Mentalist, you have got many years to catch up on though. I really like Elementary (new Sherlock Holmes set in New York), Blue Bloods is a really well made police drama set in New York with Tom Sellick and if you can stream UK tv Broadchurch was on ITV recently and was good. Oh and my guilty pleasure at the moment is the new Dallas, now on season 2 here and I am hooked.

Guest Ptp113
Wendee!! Firstly I'm gonna take a big bow that you posted on my thread and secondly I'm gonna take a big breath and say OMG, all your fave programs are from 'Pomsville'!!

Yanks can't act, scripts are almost non existent, poor direction etc. no surprises really

Archived