Where can I get some decent chips?

peterhuli

Guest chris955
Maybe its the availability of Chickens who have lived their whole lives on salt pans?have we salt pans here.....

​There used to be a big salt pan where I lived in Geelong but we didnt have chicken salt.

​There used to be a big salt pan where I lived in Geelong but we didnt have chicken salt.

The salt pans were available tho,did Chickens live on it?think theres some in Cheshire actually,in fact ive worked there!!!,which town?????nah,cba trying to find out where it is tho,awwwww its just tickled me tbh,one thing i will say is i'd never heard of it till i went to Aus,like i say,i thought he was taking the p7ss,i'll have to get some and try it,just "sounds" weird putting chicken flavoured salt on a fish!

Then again,i suppose Brits eat things people find strange

Yeah, I didn't know what the hell they were on about either (when in fact they did ask). In fact, I had to remember quick before they put it on - very rarely got asked - they just doused it on. Can still remember the taste- it tasted quite sweet to me which was strange! Hahaha - the chicken thing on the salt pans - that is soooo funny Pablo!

Thats what they all say,im not judgemental tho Simmo....................

When we worked in Hamburg a lad from Wales used to go with Ladyboys because they were 50 marks cheaper,quite open about it as well lol

You get what you pay for eh?

Herbs spices and.........salt!

Just googled it now,one of the replies asked this,and i kid yer not!

"Doesnt Chicken salt come from the ground up legs of Chickens that have lived their lives on a salt pan"!lmfao

I'd put money on that comment having been made by an American?

As a lifeguard years ago, I got asked by an American, "Is this pool supposed to be wet?"

My straight faced response, "Yes ma'am. It's a swimming pool" :biggrin:

I'd put money on that comment having been made by an American?

As a lifeguard years ago, I got asked by an American, "Is this pool supposed to be wet?"

My straight faced response, "Yes ma'am. It's a swimming pool" :biggrin:

brilliant! Continuing that (OT) theme: one of my mates at uni had a part-time job as life guard at the South Bank 'beach'. The questions he used to get, especially from American tourists, were amazing. One asked when the next high tide would be......seriously!

Guest GeorgeD
Tried Chumley Warner's a couple of weeks ago.............supposedly "best of british". I thought the chips were cr@p!

I've been a few times. They're hit and miss. When they're good they're great, but when they're bad, they're rubbish. Last time I was there was 4 or 5 weeksa go. We had family up from melbourne who hadn't had a decent chip shop feed for years and they loved it...it was a really good day that day.

I've been a few times. They're hit and miss. When they're good they're great, but when they're bad, they're rubbish. Last time I was there was 4 or 5 weeksa go. We had family up from melbourne who hadn't had a decent chip shop feed for years and they loved it...it was a really good day that day.

Loved everything else, steak and kid pud and fish,.............just that the chips were like wet socks.

Guest GeorgeD
Loved everything else, steak and kid pud and fish,.............just that the chips were like wet socks.

Yeash, sometimes they're really greasy...like the fryers haven't been hot enough. Last time we were there we had fish, sausage, haggis and black pudding (there were 9 of us to be fair) and it was really good all round.

Funny about this "chicken salt" thingy....it must be a pommy taste......I've always preferred normal salt on chips......my local fish and chip shop has only sea salt.

Trust me, the chicken salt thingy is definetley not a pommie thing. It's totally alien to all Brits when they first arrive