Crime rate

graham from hull

Alway makes me laugh the way these idiots defend the crumbling UK .....WHY ? the government took immigraion too far ......they ****ed up many yrs ago ...well done

I'm not even gettin involved this time! But I will say UK is f***ed!!!! Two pubs near me have recently closed and become sari shops, mosques popping up all over't shop and on Fridays there's even the Muslim prayer siren at 1100hrs. IT'S FINISHED!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that 11 in the morning or evening? Reminds me of the church bells of Winchester cathedral after a hard night on the sauce. Are there any quiet religions?

I'm not even gettin involved this time! But I will say UK is f***ed!!!! Two pubs near me have recently closed and become sari shops, mosques popping up all over't shop and on Fridays there's even the Muslim prayer siren at 1100hrs. IT'S FINISHED!

Is that 11 in the morning or evening? Reminds me of the church bells of Winchester cathedral after a hard night on the sauce. Are there any quiet religions?

........only difference is the bells of Winchester cathedral are dare I say native to Britain and are a welcome sound most of the time......where as the sound of some bloke wailing a call to prayer in Arabic is not only annoying it has no place in Britain as Britain is NOT an Islamic country and never has been and hopefully never will be .....

Pubs everywhere in UK are closing. Time to change to a healthier and more spirtitual lifestyle. As one thread was relating,day...When in Rome ...the other day...it sounds to be time to fit in........ get along to those Friday prayers, to feel part of the community if nothing else.

I guess the only other alternative is to move to a more traditional area still holding out.......the world is a rapidly changing place,I'm afraid.

........only difference is the bells of Winchester cathedral are dare I say native to Britain and are a welcome sound most of the time......where as the sound of some bloke wailing a call to prayer in Arabic is not only annoying it has no place in Britain as Britain is NOT an Islamic country and never has been and hopefully never will be .....

Well while not Islamic I do wonder how many folk actively go to church as compared with the numbers going to a mosque in UK?

Being a demorcratic country of course it is the right of people to practise freely their belief.

'Those are the policies that the West attempts to impose on other nations while not forgetting many non christian countries allow the freedom of worship as well.

Alway makes me laugh the way these idiots defend the crumbling UK .....WHY ? the government took immigraion too far ......they ****ed up many yrs ago ...well done

Cant stop laughing that an immigrant says this. Howling. What makes it really funny is my wife is not english and thinks WA has gone too far with it (letting all the Brits in). I guess you dont get the fact that the bumper sticker - F@** We are full, is aimed at poms. PMSL

Two pubs near you closed!!! LOL. Wait till you find yourself living in Perth. Most of the suburbs dont have 1, let alone 2.

Oh, and the largest population group moving to Oz at the moment are indians - so you better get used to it. Though dont worry, because the goverment are passing a law to deal with it. Its a very broad act which will make it a criminal offence to "offend" someone. You wont even be able to write what you have just written if you were in Oz. And yes, they will know. Look up internet monitoring and censoring in Oz

Whats crime got to do with weather lol

I used to work in security and its a fact that the crime stats rise when its very hot ie more domestics etc and during a full moon

I laughed when I first heard that but worked for over 20 years at my job and found out its true !

Sorrry but in Adelaide there have been 13 shootings since January ,not all deaths but a lot of drive bys and bad incidents I think Oz sees more gun crime but that only my opinion

As for people going missing look up the Beaumont children and Riahnna Beroux ( not sure of spelling ) Louise Bell and Michael Blac -also the 'Family " plus Snowtown murders

Again I am not saying it does not happen in the UK but there have been some horrific crimes in SA

Sorry but what complete garbage. You do realise the murder rate in Australia is higher than the UK dont you ? Unfortunately facts dont always fit into what we want to believe.

I thought it was concluded in the recent thread on this subject that the statistics are very similar - about 1.0 per 100,000 population for both Australia and the UK.

I thought it was concluded in the recent thread on this subject that the statistics are very similar - about 1.0 per 100,000 population for both Australia and the UK.

Seems to be exactly the same for both countries looking at the last available yearly stats for each country (2009) both countries 1.2 per 100,000 - http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/Homicide_statistics2012.xls

Guest chris955

Well thank goodness you wont have deal with those pesky Muslims and mosques popping up everywhere in Australia, oh hang on LOL

Guest chris955

Its interesting that you corrected me seemingly because I said the rate was higher in Australia but not the person who said things were worse in the UK. Just an observation ;)

Its interesting that you corrected me seemingly because I said the rate was higher in Australia but not the person who said things were worse in the UK. Just an observation ;)

Yeah really interesting.

Guest chris955

Exactly, it is incredibly naive to think there is any quantifiable difference between the 2 countries, it seems to be to make some feel better about a particular country but has nothing to do with facts. Overall you are just as likely to be a victim of crime in Australia as you are in the UK, just the way it is.

There's not a lot between crime rates in the UK or Australia, so anyone expecting the move one way (or the other) to result in a crime-free utopia is mistaken. And it's got nothing to do with things "not being reported because they're so common" or any of that baloney

Also, crime in both countries has dropped a lot since a peak in the 1990s. That's a nailed-on fact, however inconvenient for people who can't help believing everything's always getting worse

Do you mean the post immediately before yours? If so, he said

it still won't be as bad as UK

It wasn't clear to me exactly what "it" was. Crime rate? It might be as bad...I don't know.

But you specifically said "murder rate" - and I knew we had discussed this recently.

Cant stop laughing that an immigrant says this. Howling. What makes it really funny is my wife is not english and thinks WA has gone too far with it (letting all the Brits in). I guess you dont get the fact that the bumper sticker - F@** We are full, is aimed at poms. PMSL

You're completely missing the point here, the point is that if u move to another country u are accepting their way of life, or at least u should, just the same as that if I moved to Pakistan and tried to build 300,000 Christian churches, and tried to claim a life off the state, and try made evereveryone speak English it simply wouldn't happen. The UK is just too soft! An its 11am the siren goes off. And it seems you have Indians an Muslims mixed up - I have many Indian friends,some are Christian some are Sikh. Muslims are from Pakistan, inidians funnily enough are from India.

There's more difference than just a border...

Guest chris955

Actually I think you might be missing the point. Noone is saying it is right that many Non Christian countries wouldnt allow churches to be built BUT in democratic free countries such as the UK and Australia there is freedom of worship and to a large degree freedom of speech. The UK (and of course Australia) may be seen as soft but that is what comes with true democracy. Im not sure what you mean by Muslims are from Pakistan ?

You're completely missing the point here, the point is that if u move to another country u are accepting their way of life, or at least u should, just the same as that if I moved to Pakistan and tried to build 300,000 Christian churches, and tried to claim a life off the state, and try made evereveryone speak English it simply wouldn't happen. The UK is just too soft! An its 11am the siren goes off. And it seems you have Indians an Muslims mixed up - I have many Indian friends,some are Christian some are Sikh. Muslims are from Pakistan, inidians funnily enough are from India.

Still laughing. So, why is it that if I go to a butchers in WA, it is Italian. If I go to buy cloths, it is often European. It seems it is fine in your book that some cultures are ok, while some are not. Personally, yes, I think the UK has got it's immigration policy wrong. Thanks to Blair. But the proportion of Brits in Oz is higher than Indians and pakistanis in the UK. Most brits in Oz are no more integrated than the average Indian in the UK. Hence the popularity of certain suburbs which I think of as Brit ghettos.

Most brits in Oz are no more integrated than the average Indian in the UK. Hence the popularity of certain suburbs which I think of as Brit ghettos.

That's a load of old tosh IMHO. Brits who "seek their own" are a minority IME. I've been here 18 yrs and the first time I heard "Little Britain" being applied to North lakes was on PIO. I've not once heard it mentioned IRL. I would think that the vast majority of Brits wish to fully integrate and seek a home that suits their needs, not because other brits are close at hand. I have a higher opinion of them than to think that they were "sheeple".................do you honestly believe that a Brit would come to the other side of the world and seek other brits?.............that the Australian culture is so alien that they "seek their own"? Where they do tend to congregate is based on housing affordability/desirability and has nothing at all to do with not wanting to integrate.

May be different in Brissy. But in Perth, that is exactly what happens. Much of the northern suburbs are known as little Britain. Last time I was up there I only met one Ozzie who was working in the English pub. Which was a bit surreal. Most of the Brits there, and it is the single most popular area with Brits, only have Brit mates, drink in the British pub and play soccer and things together.

That's a load of old tosh IMHO. Brits who "seek their own" are a minority IME. I've been here 18 yrs and the first time I heard "Little Britain" being applied to North lakes was on PIO. I've not once heard it mentioned IRL. I would think that the vast majority of Brits wish to fully integrate and seek a home that suits their needs, not because other brits are close at hand. I have a higher opinion of them than to think that they were "sheeple".................do you honestly believe that a Brit would come to the other side of the world and seek other brits?.............that the Australian culture is so alien that they "seek their own"? Where they do tend to congregate is based on housing affordability/desirability and has nothing at all to do with not wanting to integrate.

May be different in Brissy. But in Perth, that is exactly what happens. Much of the northern suburbs are known as little Britain. Last time I was up there I only met one Ozzie who was working in the English pub. Which was a bit surreal. Most of the Brits there, and it is the single most popular area with Brits, only have Brit mates, drink in the British pub and play soccer and things together.

Is that Joondalup?

How many brits go to AFL matches on a regular basis? I'd be interested to know.

Still laughing. So, why is it that if I go to a butchers in WA, it is Italian. If I go to buy cloths, it is often European. It seems it is fine in your book that some cultures are ok, while some are not. Personally, yes, I think the UK has got it's immigration policy wrong. Thanks to Blair. But the proportion of Brits in Oz is higher than Indians and pakistanis in the UK. Most brits in Oz are no more integrated than the average Indian in the UK. Hence the popularity of certain suburbs which I think of as Brit ghettos.

Brit ghettos probably exist in Perth, but where else in Australia?

Archived