Scottish man sought in viciious glassing attack in St Kilda

Parley

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about that Lindor,senseless waste of a life,but 14 yrs isnt enuf

You're right Pablo, it's not and he won't even do 14 years! Jane Sheriff is inspirational, she started this campaign at the worst time of her life while caring for her two

young children. I don't know if I could have found the stength to do that. I witnessed a glassing years ago and it is a most shocking and sickening thing to see.

I was simply responding to two reports of your post - if you have an issue with the way I moderate please either pm me or contact admin as per forum rules.

NWM

I will do that...not that it will make one iota of difference

i have tried to send a PM to both you and admin but I cannot access the private message function.Perhaps someone could get their act together and look into this. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sir Les Patterson

Very very nasty.

Aussie men (and women) should bear in mind that the WHV program doesn't discriminate on where someone is from or what the hell they got up to prior to Oz as long as they have no criminal record. There are some characters here from Britain that are from far far rougher areas in the UK that even the worse area of Oz has to offer, and frankly I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I've met many of them, Welsh, Scots, Irish and English.

Due to the economic downturn travelling here isn't just a student gap year thing anymore, it's a way out for people from some of the UK's worst areas. I'm actually amazed and have commented many times here at how little fighting there is on nights out in Oz by aussies given the often heavy men to female ratio and quantities of alcohol drunk. They are much less inclined to violence than UK men while boozing and it's a shame to see this particularly vile aspect of nights out in Britain here.

Edited by digitalis

Very very nasty.

Aussie men (and women) should bear in mind that the WHV program doesn't discriminate on where someone is from or what the hell they got up to prior to Oz as long as they have no criminal record. There are some characters here from Britain that are from far far rougher areas in the UK that even the worse area of Oz has to offer, and frankly I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire. I've met many of them, Welsh, Scots, Irish and English.

Due to the economic downturn travelling here isn't just a student gap year thing anymore, it's a way out for people from some of the UK's worst areas. I'm actually amazed and have commented many times here at how little fighting there is on nights out in Oz by aussies given the often heavy men to female ratio and quantities of alcohol drunk. They are much less inclined to violence than UK men while boozing and it's a shame to see this particularly vile aspect of nights out in Britain here.

Are u serious? look at the news and papers every monday regarding fighting police assaults etc in perth ( northbridge ) and suburbs over the weekend, and dont say its all uk and foreigners because its not, itsall sorts including aussies involved, and dont even start about the bikie gangs with public shootings and stabbings

jeese!

lol, the fighting in Northbridge (which is essentially THE city drinking wise) is about on par with a quiet Saturday night in a valleys town in Wales. I know, I've drunk in both.

Also don't forget the sheer amount of men who drink in Northbridge due to the inudstry in Perth. Bikie gangs are bikie gangs, they rarely involve civilians, just like gangs in the UK of which there are more.

I'm not saying there is no violent alcohol related crime in Oz, but there is most definitely less drink related violence compared to the UK given the amount of men>women and amount drunk. I can't recall ever seeing more than one or two scuffles in a nightclub in Northbridge, which is just as well given the standard of doormen compared to the UK.

EDIT - I notice from reading your posts legoman that you most definitely fall into the "homesick" category. This is a shame of course and there things that are much better in the UK than here, but I think your homesickness is clouding your judgement somewhat. Violence and crime are nowhere near the level here as the UK. Especially rich affluent Perth! Why would there be more crime? There is 100x less poverty for a start as there a plentiful jobs.

Edited by digitalis

Yeah they have caught the guy which is good news.

He is Scottish tourist Richard James Goldie aged 23.

He has been charged with Intentionally Causing Serious Injury and Recklessly Causing Serious Injury.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/scottish-tourist-may-plead-guilty-to-st-kilda-glassing-20121231-2c23c.html

Send him home please.

Send him home and charge him with at the very least GBH and poss att murder. Glass attacks can and do kill people as seen at the shocking one at a Jessie J concert in London.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/09/jessie-j-gig-murder-man-jailed

We do not have to look in UK newspapers......there are stories about glassings all the time in the papers here

Yeah they have caught the guy which is good news.

He is Scottish tourist Richard James Goldie aged 23.

He has been charged with Intentionally Causing Serious Injury and Recklessly Causing Serious Injury.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/scottish-tourist-may-plead-guilty-to-st-kilda-glassing-20121231-2c23c.html

Send him home please.

It's good they caught him so quickly. At the very least he will be deported which is a good thing IMO.

To be fair, I don't think we do have many glassings here in Australia.

I'm not trying to be parochial and we have lots of other violence but I haven't read about any glassings lately.

I'm not saying we never have any, but I would say they are rare.

Try reading the courier mail or visiting any of the A&E departments in Brisbane at a weekend.

Try reading the courier mail or visiting any of the A&E departments in Brisbane at a weekend.

Well if you can post half a dozen links or so of different glassing attacks news stories then I'll believe you.

But I'm not convinced they happen 'all the time' as you believe.

Well if you can post half a dozen links or so of different glassing attacks news stories then I'll believe you.

But I'm not convinced they happen 'all the time' as you believe.

Try Google.....you will find plenty.....especially in the Valley and Gold coast.

It is a recurring theme on the news over here

Thank you. Thats wasn't hard at all.

Must be a redneck Queensland thing.

Hmmmmmmm, this could be seen as a racist remark if said about others but I guess because they are Aussies and white it would be ok.:unsure: